How Much Do We Value Education?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
10635991_10152416438021275_2422466814131586944_n.jpg

Um, I can assure you with 100% accuracy that there are no tenured faculty positions vacant due to offering too low a salary.

What do you have against people making fair deal?

Fox News Is Worried That American Children Are 8220 Learning Too Much 8221 News Corpse
In troubled times, with Americans getting beheaded by terrorists, women being abused, teenage African-Americans being gunned down by police, working people struggling to lift themselves out of poverty, and all the while wealthy individuals and corporations assume ever more dominance of our social and political institutions, Fox News has managed to cast a spotlight on little-known but disturbing facet of life in these United States:

foxnews-carlson-learning.jpg

That’s right, American children are suffering under the burden of becoming too smart. On Sunday’s episode of Fox & Friends, co-host Tucker Carlson presented a segment (video below) wherein he suggested that an alleged reduction in homework assignments was actually a well-coordinated conspiracy by teachers unions to achieve their long-held goal of reducing work for their lazy members. And everyone knows that teachers are among society’s most notorious slackers who yearn only for longer lunches and wasteful leisure. The industrious Carlson began his hyper-rant by saying that…

“A growing number of schools are opting out of giving kids homework. They say that students should use the time to be with family and friends. But is this really about the kids, or could it be a move by teachers unions to get teachers to do less work for, of course, the same pay?”

What an idiot.

And a shill for the right that wants to bring educated people from other countries while making it impossible for our own people to afford an education.

Perhaps Carlson should give up his 6 digit salary and teach for a year in an inner city school for $40 grand. I doubt if he would last more than a week.

I don't value public education provided currently by the majority of educators in this country very much.

My sixth grade daughter is in Journalism..where they spend all period watching specially filtered news on closed circuit television..and don't interview/write/take pictures OR work on the yearbook...

She's in *Language Arts* where they read some weird book about an Indian kid at the end of the year..but where right now they are learning about brain function (?).

Same daughter has been disciplined and chastised for asking a self-proclaimed (publicly declared and acknowledged) satanist why she doesn't believe in God...

Meh. I think teachers make way more than they should.

The best teachers our country has ever known were young girls who didn't have college educations, who ventured forth to the far reaches of our country, to teach children of all ages, for a tiny stipend and their room and board...with various and assorted members of the school board.

Let's go back to that.

So football coaches that are successful are well paid.

Explains why the King of the Liberals wants to see football outlawed. Success MUST be punished.

And, Hell, I don't even like football......

someone please explain to me how a study of brain function increases one's language arts comprehension?

they put these people up on some pedestal as if they are g-ds

now they're doing the same thing with "scientist"

No one forces the person to become a teacher

take up a collection fund for them out your OWN POCKETS

The OP seems to be under some delusion that academians contribute most to the bottom line of a university.

How typically naïve of the simple-minded Luddly.

Pitiful.

Poor thing, really believes that Universities exist to Educate!

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Education is a powerful thing.

Liberal indoctrination in lieu of education is a scam that will keep consumers of student loans in hock for their entire natural lives (provided one calls anything a lib does "natural").

Forum List

Back