How Much Credit Should Obama Get For The Recovery?

I usually don't either blame or credit presidents for the economic situation. Mainly what happens is beyond their control. But this time I think it may be a little different. Obama's taken some steps some other presidents would be afraid to go. He's taken some political risks, in other words, which appear to be paying off. Should he get more than normal credit for the recovery?

:cuckoo::cuckoo: Have you got a link to some kind of recovery---:lol::lol:

GDP Gross Domestic Product 2011 real gdp growth 2010 rate united states current statistics 2010 economic growth | EconPost

I usually don't either blame or credit presidents for the economic situation. Mainly what happens is beyond their control. But this time I think it may be a little different. Obama's taken some steps some other presidents would be afraid to go. He's taken some political risks, in other words, which appear to be paying off. Should he get more than normal credit for the recovery?

GDP Gross Domestic Product 2011 real gdp growth 2010 rate united states current statistics 2010 economic growth | EconPost

The GDP went up 2.5% for the quarter--but consumer confidence hit another LOW. Job numbers are still horrible.

What a bizarre post.

Healthcare reform has nothing to do with the recovery.

You are right for a change. So why did Obama and the Dems waste so much time on such a bad bill instead of working on the economy where the work was needed?

Healthcare reform was a good bill.

And it is the Republicans that are blocking the jobs bill.

Uhhh that was Reid doing that.

I don't drink. Never have.

We have added 1.6 million private sector jobs in the last 12 months.

Private-sector jobs slowly returning, but being dragged down by rising government layoffs - The Washington Post

We have had positive GDP growth since 2009.

Which part of this don't you understand?

None of this was in his post, moron.....

You don't seem to keep context very well.

Now, is that a net increase in jobs ? Or have there been job losses at the same time ? If so, how many ?

PolitiFact | Nancy Pelosi says more jobs created in Obama's first year than eight years of George W. Bush

As I figured, you didn't even read the link I posted.

WASHINGTON — Conservative Republicans have long clamored for government downsizing. They’re starting to get it — by default.

Crippled by plunging tax revenues, state and local governments have shed over a half million jobs since the recession began in December 2007. And, after adding jobs early in the downturn, the federal government is now cutting them as well.

States cut 49,000 jobs over the past year and localities 210,000, according to an analysis of Labor Department statistics. There are 30,000 fewer federal workers now than a year ago — including 5,300 Postal Service jobs canceled last month.

By contrast, private-sector jobs have increased by 1.6 million over the past 12 months. But the state, local and federal job losses have become a drag on efforts to nudge the nation’s unemployment rate down from its painfully high 9.1 percent.

The economy has been expanding, at least modestly, since the middle of 2009. And state and local governments are usually engines of job growth during recoveries. But not now, said economist Heidi Shierholz of the labor-aligned Economic Policy Institute.

Private-sector jobs slowly returning, but being dragged down by rising government layoffs - The Washington Post

Yeah we know--Harry Reid has already explained Obama's new job bill--stating that private sector jobs are doing just fine--it's the government worker that is suffering.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kk6D1-ECnQ&feature=player_embedded]Sen. Reid Says "Private Sector Jobs Are Doing Just Fine" - YouTube[/ame]

And I'm crying a river over that--LOL

The GDP went up 2.5% for the quarter--but consumer confidence hit another LOW. Job numbers are still horrible.

True, but unemployment is always the last thing to come back in a recovery.

The damage that was done by Wall Street was extraordinary. The worst recession since the Great Depression. It will take time, but I expect more robust recovery numbers next summer.

The damage that was done by Wall Street was extraordinary. The worst recession since the Great Depression. It will take time, but I expect more robust recovery numbers next summer.

Really I don't expect it to come back for some time. We have a 27-28% unemployment in the construction industry in this country which is HUGE. We also have 25% of this country working part time and or in temporary jobs. Property values are not going to recover until the enormous amount of inventory on the market gets bought up.

I guessing 5 to 6 years or possibly more--before we see any real good employment numbers.

Really I don't expect it to come back for some time. We have a 27-28% unemployment in the construction industry in this country which is HUGE. We also have 25% of this country working part time and or in temporary jobs. Property values are not going to recover until the enormous amount of inventory on the market gets bought up.

I guessing 5 to 6 years or possibly more--before we see any real good employment numbers.

I think you are wrong.

Better numbers next summer. I guarantee it.

Americans paid off a trillion dollars of debt this year, and the rise in Chinese wages is causing some firms to move manufacturing back here.

People thought the boom would never end, and it did.

The bust will end as well.

No Dumb Ass but you might:cuckoo::cuckoo::eusa_whistle::eusa_liar:...We have a female,woman Prime Minister:clap2::clap2::clap2:
Ho Ho,Sure SHE could help,that is SSSSSHHHHHEEEEEEE but hey I understand your myopia in all things non American......The 1st Family,like all Americans,well mostly All,are always WELCOME AT OUR TABLE FOR AS LONG AS THEY LIKE.:clap2::clap2::cool:and keep well

Do you need the number for a drug recovery program ?

Yeah.

Yahoo! Finance - Business Finance, Stock Market, Quotes, News

Market was 7000 when President Obama entered office. It's 12.2K as of Friday, 10/28/2011. That's called a "recovery".

Reality. It's good for ya.

Speaking of the current economy as "the recovery" is a tad premature, don't you think?

We're informed that there are leading indicators suggesting the economy is in recovery.

But until that happy news actually effects the economy of the most Americans?

Calling this disasterous economic time "the recovery" is a serious political mistake.

Market was 7000 when President Obama entered office. It's 12.2K as of Friday, 10/28/2011. That's called a "recovery".

How long do we have to listen to this drivel ?

The market dived and came back. It has done that several times after a major rupture.

It still isn't what it was at eight years ago and many are concerned it is getting ready to tank again.

The type of investor and the nature of investment in the market has changed dramatically in the last four years too.

They are almost unrelated anymore.

If we were in a recovery, President Obama would not be seeking his 2nd so called stimulus in the form of a jobs bill and housing prices would be recovering. As it is, many people are still underwater and jobs are still being lost.

I am not happy about it and I don't blame President Obama...it is a host of factors.

But this kind of spin is what we are going to have to endure for the next election cycle.

The level of disinformation will reach new heights.

I can hardly wait (for it to be over).

And whoever gets elected is going to have a real mess on their hands. I watched Robert Gibbs on C-Span the other day talking factually instead of spinning up the administration. He said, the American People...not President Obama...are going to have to decide what they want in the way of services and how much they are willing to pay for them. He also discussed how this economy is going to continue to evolve and how we are going to have to decide (as a people) how we are going to respond to those changes. It was refreshing.

Sundial;4341885]I usually don't either blame or credit presidents for the economic situation. Mainly what happens is beyond their control. But this time I think it may be a little different. Obama's taken some steps some other presidents would be afraid to go. He's taken some political risks, in other words, which appear to be paying off. Should he get more than normal credit for the recovery?[/QUOTE]

WHAT RECOVERY?

Speaking of the current economy as "the recovery" is a tad premature, don't you think?

We're informed that there are leading indicators suggesting the economy is in recovery.

But until that happy news actually effects the economy of the most Americans?

Calling this disasterous economic time "the recovery" is a serious political mistake.

Three people I know just got let go from professional jobs. I'd say the recovery is out there somewhere....it ain't here.

Yeah.

what was the UE rate then, and now?
what was the debt then, and now?
what was the deficit then, and now?
how much of pre-recession GDP growth have we still not gotten back?

you're a moron if you think this is a recovery.

Yeah.

The MO of the poster you quoted is to bounce to a different thread and ignore the questions you put forth. What is an UE rate ? I am not very well versed in these areas.

Yeah.

The MO of the poster you quoted is to bounce to a different thread and ignore the questions you put forth. What is an UE rate ? I am not very well versed in these areas.

UE...un-employment.

Sallow has his moments of sanity. not many, but he has them.

This aint one of them ;)

How Much Credit Should Obama Get For The Recovery?

100% when we make him absolute tyrant and ban Congress AND the judiciary.

Until that happens?

The question is meaningless.

Forum List

Back