How much blame to you put on Obama for the weak economy?

How much blame to you put on Obama for the weak economy?

• Full blame

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Most of the blame

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Half the blame (roughly)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Some of the blame

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters
None. He inherited this mess.

All the conditions that brought us into this economy happened on other presidents watches.

I will give him some of the responsibility for it not improving fast enough, though.

I mostly blame the voters for the Obama/Democrats wreckage of the economy. The down slide started when the Democrats took over Congress and the economy turned much much weaker when Obama took over.

Thank God the voters came to their senses and gave the Republicans the House to hold these big Democrat spenders in check. To bad they didn't also get the Senate where Harry is whacking off instead of putting House bills on the floor of the Senate that would improve the unemployment situation...etc.

I'm thanking Republicans/voters for what little sign of an improving economy there is.

And exactly what legislation weakened the economy at that point, and how exactly has things been better since Republicans took control of the House?

Yes, "Lumpy", please do explain how you came to that completely fictional account of the bush crash.

Perhaps when Democrats took their eye off the ball of the economy and pushed their "liberal" agenda like Obamacare? We all know how the economy's unemployment numbers have vastly improved since Pelosi and Reed got their precious Health Care bill passed through Congress. Of course Obama and the Democrats I"m sure did such a great job in creating jobs, Nancy Pelosi saw no trouble with mainstream voters in maintaining her position as Speaker of the House.

Yet Obama is still pushing for unemployment extensions OVER real job creating proposals, like the Keystone Pipeline and allowing more drilling in the gulf, because he feels the American people would rather collect money from the government than perhaps getting back to work? What list of job legisating proposals has Harry Reed brought to the Congressional House? Obama has pushed the concept of "Green" jobs so much, he is even recycling the same jobs stimulus bill he proposed in 2009 - infrastructure and putting teachers back to work. Obama doesn't have a clue anymore HOW to create jobs, unemployment extensions is all he is focused on.

PLEASE tell me Obama and the Democrats have something more to offer than a Chevy Volt that catches fire, a bankrupt (government funded) Solyndra, and infrastructure that Stimulus 2009 was meant to create in the private sector. Too bad we can't recall President Obama along with all these Chevy Volts.

Last edited:
I mostly blame the voters for the Obama/Democrats wreckage of the economy. The down slide started when the Democrats took over Congress and the economy turned much much weaker when Obama took over.
Can you cite the policy or policies passed by Democrats in 2007 which led to the recession?

How much blame does the right give Bush for this economic mess?

At least the left are consistant. If after 3 years they still want to put blame of the economy on President Bush, then like Obama they refuse to take responsibility when policies don't work and jobs market still looks bleak. Why not blame Clinton for the current gas prices and not drilling for oil, which were at around $1.85 when Obama took office, or the poor economy on President Carter? It's Obama's policies that have only shown a slow 1% drop in unemployment in 3 years, with UNDERemployment still over 18% on average, and an increase of those remaining on unemployment to over 40 weeks. Blame Bush?

It's interesting how the left want to look to President Bush with the fault of 9-11, then turn around and make excuses for Obama when he is blamed for policies that are under his watch. Some of us would refer to that kind of turn around as being a Hypocrite.

Last edited:
How much blame does the right give Bush for this economic mess?

At least the left are consistant. If after 3 years they still want to put blame of the economy on President Bush, then like Obama they refuse to take responsibility when policies don't work and jobs market still looks bleak. Why not blame Clinton for the current gas prices and not drilling for oil, which were at around $1.85 when Obama took office, or the poor economy on President Carter? It's Obama's policies that have only shown a slow 1% drop in unemployment in 3 years, with UNDERemployment still over 18% on average, and an increase of those remaining on unemployment to over 40 weeks. Blame Bush?

It's interesting how the left want to look to President Bush with the fault of 9-11, then turn around and make excuses for Obama when he is blamed for policies that are under his watch. Some of us would refer to that kind of turn around as being a Hypocrite.

The problems we inherited were far worse than most inside and out of government had expected.The recession was deeper than most inside and out of government had predicted. Curing those problems has taken more time and a higher toll than any of us wanted.

Obama is clearly incompetent, but the GOP congress also seems uninterested in making any real efforts to improve the economy and employment.

The problems we inherited were far worse than most inside and out of government had expected.The recession was deeper than most inside and out of government had predicted. Curing those problems has taken more time and a higher toll than any of us wanted.
What utter bullshit.

We're witnessing the most economically ignorant and incompetent administration since Hoover and FDR.

... but the GOP congress also seems uninterested in making any real efforts to improve the economy and employment.
The HoR has passed numerous bills, which have languished in the democrat controlled Senate.

Now, who is it again that is uninterested in making any real efforts to improve things?

Bills like repealing Obamacare and cut cap balance?

Now I don't necessarily oppose them, but if the House wants to work in good faith to improve things, they need to pass bills that can be supported by moderate dems as well.

This partisan hackery by both sides is helping no one.

... but the GOP congress also seems uninterested in making any real efforts to improve the economy and employment.
The HoR has passed numerous bills, which have languished in the democrat controlled Senate.

Now, who is it again that is uninterested in making any real efforts to improve things?

Bills like repealing Obamacare and cut cap balance?

Now I don't necessarily oppose them, but if the House wants to work in good faith to improve things, they need to pass bills that can be supported by moderate dems as well.

This partisan hackery by both sides is helping no one.
If the bills aren't even being put on the Senate calendar to be debated, the bad faith is on the part of the Senate leadership....Or lack thereof, such as it is.

Keep in mind that I am specifically asking about Obama, so do not include Congress or any other government institution when determining your opinion.

Notwithstanding your instruction I will blame Congress. It is very clear the Republican Leadership stonewalled any effort to mitigate the Bush Recession in terms of harm done to working Americans. Obama gets some of the blame for not calling out Boehner and McConnell for putting their party and their careers first and our country and citizens a far distant second.

Keep in mind that I am specifically asking about Obama, so do not include Congress or any other government institution when determining your opinion.

Notwithstanding your instruction I will blame Congress. It is very clear the Republican Leadership stonewalled any effort to mitigate the Bush Recession in terms of harm done to working Americans. Obama gets some of the blame for not calling out Boehner and McConnell for putting their party and their careers first and our country and citizens a far distant second.

Did Obama get his stimulus passed through Congress in 2009? What about Cash for Clunkers, handling home foreclosures, or government green incentives towards appliances as a means to stimulate the economy - any trouble there? Going after banks to get them to loan to businesses, I suppose he didn't introduce any polices that would have an effect on that? What about funding green companies like Solyndra, and alternative energy like wind power to create jobs, he never could get any of that through either? Of course how many months DID Obama, Pelosi, and Reed spend on trying to get the blue dog Democrats to go with them on Obamacare to pass it? Wasn't stimulus I in 2009 able to reduce the unemployment rate before the Republicans took over the House in 2011? Seems that Obama and the Democrats didn't have much oppositon from Republicans, that could have had an effect in preventing the passage of those bills in 2009 and 2010.

Last edited:
I give President Obama 100% of the credit for an economy that's steadily growing with more jobs reported every single month. Its a far cry from what we saw just before he took office.

We could be out of this mess completely if the GObP/repubs were not invested in the failure of our country. They have not produced even one jobs bill and they filibuster all jobs bills introduced by Dems. Most of them should be brought up on charges because they are de facto traitors.

:lalala:..<<<this is You..

I believe Harry (do nothing) is sitting on at least 14 jobs legislation bills that have passed the House..

What is it with you Democrats and wearing blinders...:lol:
Democrats are the new party of NO. You just won't hear that coming from their lap dog lame stream media.

Forum List

Back