How Much are those Royalties To Orwell Anyhoo?

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Bwahahaha:

What? "Spending reductions in the tax code"? The tax code isn't where we spend, it's where we collect, and that.... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I guess what you said is tax "code", code for raising taxes. You managed to talk about a tax hike as a spending reduction. Can we afford that and the royalty checks you're going to have to send to George Orwell? That's the weirdest way of... just say "tax hike"! That's like saying, "I'm not going on a diet, I'm going to add calories to my excluded food intake!"

Check out the full video at the link:

TaxProf Blog: Jon Stewart on President Obama's 'Spending Reductions in the Tax Code'

Bwahahaha:

What? "Spending reductions in the tax code"? The tax code isn't where we spend, it's where we collect, and that.... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I guess what you said is tax "code", code for raising taxes. You managed to talk about a tax hike as a spending reduction. Can we afford that and the royalty checks you're going to have to send to George Orwell? That's the weirdest way of... just say "tax hike"! That's like saying, "I'm not going on a diet, I'm going to add calories to my excluded food intake!"

Check out the full video at the link:

TaxProf Blog: Jon Stewart on President Obama's 'Spending Reductions in the Tax Code'

thats a classic.:lol:

Forum List

Back