How Middle Class Republicans Conservatives are being CONNED by the Super Rich.

Then talk to your employer and get a raise.

Also since 1980, benefits offered by employers has gone up.

You may not recall, but not every place offered health ins, now it's common.

Oh, and please none of this cry baby crap about not being able to ask for a raise.

Many, many people kneel down before the boss, hat in hand to plead for a raise only to be told that, "If you're not happy with your pay then quit. I can find plenty of people to replace you".

BINGO!!!!

Maybe the larger-problem is....not enough managers are gettin' a well-deserved ASS-WHUPPIN', for such taunting-responses.​

Thanks. You and I both know the truth because we live in the real world. But Two Thumbs will probably demand a link. :lol:

Then link this common knowledge up for him.

If it's all fact based and common, this won't take but a moment.

It's been hours, but hey, maybe he's still asleeep.

You're going to have to read it, you're going to have to apply what you read, but here you go:
Corporate Welfare Information Center

Thanks, that's a link of links. But from the link;

"The $150 billion for corporate subsidies and tax benefits eclipses the annual budget deficit of $130 billion. It's more than the $145 billion paid out annually for the core programs of the social welfare state: Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC), student aid, housing, food and nutrition, and all direct public assistance (excluding Social Security and medical care)."

That proves we need to stop or at least lower welfare all together.

If does not show the rich screwing the middleclass, as was the main theme of the op.

Corp welfare, the billions we dumped to save them. was a vast waste of money to me.

When Bush did it he was doing it for his corporate cronies, when obama did it, he was helping the working man. Odd how the same people just got more money when they shoulda gone broke.

You didn't read deep enough. Color me shocked. Its alright too, though. Oddly enough, I'm not emotionally invested in your understanding OR approval.

Many, many people kneel down before the boss, hat in hand to plead for a raise only to be told that, "If you're not happy with your pay then quit. I can find plenty of people to replace you".

Then your a punk.

I've never gone hat in hand to my boss. I've walked in with cold hard facts and shown w/o any doubt that I'm worth what I'm asking.

sometimes the answer is no. But I have the balls to ask why. If it's a lame reply, I will find a new job.

thanks for showing you are a punk, not that a union slave needed to prove it.

Got a link to back that up?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/search.php?searchid=3751619

You're going to have to read it, you're going to have to apply what you read, but here you go:
Corporate Welfare Information Center

"The $150 billion for corporate subsidies and tax benefits eclipses the annual budget deficit of $130 billion. It's more than the $145 billion paid out annually for the core programs of the social welfare state: Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC), student aid, housing, food and nutrition, and all direct public assistance (excluding Social Security and medical care)."

If does not show the rich screwing the middleclass, as was the main theme of the op.

Corp welfare, the billions we dumped to save them. was a vast waste of money to me.

When Bush did it he was doing it for his corporate cronies, when obama did it, he was helping the working man. Odd how the same people just got more money when they shoulda gone broke.

You didn't read deep enough. Color me shocked. Its alright too, though. Oddly enough, I'm not emotionally invested in your understanding OR approval.

I'm actually not done reading.

And I have no clue as to where you get the idea that I was wanting approval of anykind either way.

I come here for the banter, not for some proof that I'm right. hell I've more than once admitted to being wrong.

can you say the same?

Oh, and please none of this cry baby crap about not being able to ask for a raise.

There are two sides to that coin. The other is, "I don't care if you're making a profit I or not can make more money elsewhere. Goodbye."

You rookies are toooooooooooooo amusing!!!

:lol:

If there are plenty o' jobs, elsewhere, there's no way a manager is gonna risk jerkin'-around a valued-employee....then, watch his "numbers" plummet, while training someone new.

This scenario has played-out, in every recession (I've seen), since the '70s.

Hell.....companies are already starting to (minimally) increase entry-level wages, to attract warm-bodies. Wait'll the REAL rush (for employees) starts!!! (...And, they always do.)

That's when managers damned-near start offering hand-jobs to keep people from leaving!!!!

oooooooooooooooooooooooo.....more Absolutes; no (actual) list.

How bold of you.

Wankin.gif

Well there's this history:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2012/assets/hist01z2.xls

Note the outlays when Dems controlled the House only, the House and Senate Only, and both the Executive and Legislative Branches. Note the increases in outlays when chambers have changed parties. Here's a hint, in the last 40 years the outlays always went up. When Democrats replaced Republicans in the House outlays always increased more than when Republicans replaced Democrats. When Democrats replaced Republicans in both the House and the Oval Office, an even higher increase in spending resulted. Guess what happened when Democrats got all 3?

Now take a look at receipts as a percentage of GDP. If you look at Clinton's last four years, you will see that receipts were close to 20% of GDP, and the economy was booming. Now, with massive tax cuts, look at our current situation. Receipts now total just over 15% of GDP for the last four years. The economy sucks and we have massive deficits. While spending has increased too much, it is more than obvious that an even bigger problem is that receipts have declined dramatically as a percentage of GDP, and this is the biggest cause of our deficits.

Did the economy boom due to increased government receipts or were receipts up due to the booming (bubble by the way) economy? Conversely did lower receipts as a percentage of GDP cause the 2008 crash? I don't think so. The deficits are caused by too much spending. Even in the best "balanced" budget in the last 40 years there still was an increase in the debt. Obviously more government spending hasn't fixed the economy either.

My point is still valid and proven - Democrats' spending proposals are higher than the already too lofty Republicans spending proposals.

Last edited:

And I have no clue as to where you get the idea that I was wanting approval of anykind either way.

I come here for the banter, not for some proof that I'm right. hell I've more than once admitted to being wrong.

can you say the same?

A LOT of the info on this link is from just the 90's and from some far left wacko groups with an ax to grind.

Kinda hard to take this seriously

can you say the same?

A LOT of the info on this link is from just the 90's and from some far left wacko groups with an ax to grind.

Kinda hard to take this seriously

Green Scissors is in another laguage
Freinds of the Earth is blank

you wasted your time

Try again

It seems that the Joe the plumbers of the world who vote against their own interests don't realize that if you give a conservative more money, guess what they will do with it???? THEY CONSERVE IT! There is no tricking down, just conserving their wealth..

There's no such thing as a "free market" - absolutely, unequivocally, no such thing.

Any time someone starts using that phrase I know I can tune out.

Why? Because for as long as there have been governments (religious and secular) controls and laws have steered the course of free trade, in some situations stifling it all together.

Sorry for that slight derail, but I was irked.

RE: the OP

The middle class gets conned by the super rich because the middle class wants to BECOME the super rich. The Republican brand says to people "come...be with the affluent people...you can be one of us...join the lifestyle...".
.....And, there's NEVER any shortage o' hu$tler$ (like The DICK; Armey....who's "magically" disappeared, since the '10-election :rolleyes: ), who are so adept at convincing the least-educated it's possible for such lemmings to (actually) be invited-into 1%er Circles.

DickArmeyJohnBoehner.jpg

Wankin.gif

There are two sides to that coin. The other is, "I don't care if you're making a profit I or not can make more money elsewhere. Goodbye."

You rookies are toooooooooooooo amusing!!!

:lol:

If there are plenty o' jobs, elsewhere, there's no way a manager is gonna risk jerkin'-around a valued-employee....then, watch his "numbers" plummet, while training someone new.​

Clueless.

I and others have always quit a jobs due to the fact that skills I had that were valuable to a prospective new employer were not being used by the then current employer. In the case of the bank, my ability to program in PL/SQL was not something they needed. Ergo, I left the job to make more money somewhere else and they were quite happy to replace me with someone else programming Javascript and Cobol.

I left that job for more money as a self-employed consultant when I saw that PL/SQL was being phased out and the full timers were not participating in the projects involving new technology, but the consultants were. It was a mutual decision between my manager and I, he said the consultants were taking a risk that the new technology was going to work and he wasn't going to put his employees in that same position. "Full time does what works, consultants speculate."

Of course the new technology did work and instead of retraining the PL/SQL programmers in JSP he laid them off and hired the consultants full time.

I quit a job as head of a tech department for a sales job selling the same products I used to heads of other tech departments. It was mutual, I wanted to make more money than was prudent for that of a tech lead.

This scenario has played-out, in every recession (I've seen), since the '70s.

Hell.....companies are already starting to (minimally) increase entry-level wages, to attract warm-bodies. Wait'll the REAL rush (for employees) starts!!! (...And, they always do.)

So you're saying one cannot bargain individually and/or find alternatives themselves? It's all dictated by a pattern?

That's when managers damned-near start offering hand-jobs to keep people from leaving!!!!

You have no data to back that up.

Paul Ryan proposes a budget that demands Americans sacrifice, and yet, the wealthy are exempted from that 'shared' sacrifice.

Got a link? Any proof any at all?
Gee.....let's try to get creative......

jcash.jpg

"Well, you wonder why I always dress in black,
Why you never see bright colors on my back,
And why does my appearance seem to have a somber tone.
Well, there's a reason for the things that I have on.

And, I wear it for the thousands who have died,
Believen' that the Lord was on their side,
I wear it for another hundred thousand who have died,
Believen' that we all were on their side.
"

Man In Black

Then your a punk.

I've never gone hat in hand to my boss. I've walked in with cold hard facts and shown w/o any doubt that I'm worth what I'm asking.

sometimes the answer is no. But I have the balls to ask why. If it's a lame reply, I will find a new job.
.....After a last, few, final free-shots.

1282944235_bartender_47.jpg

Yeah.....I'm sure you're quite the financial-magnate.

Wankin.gif

:redface:
Paul Ryan proposes a budget that demands Americans sacrifice, and yet, the wealthy are exempted from that 'shared' sacrifice.

jcash.jpg

"

Man In Black

There's a reason I don't read your nonsenses.

:eusa_whistle:That link was about the draft.:cool:

Do :eusa_hand: try :eusa_hand:to :eusa_hand:stay :eusa_hand:on :eusa_hand:subject.

jcash.jpg

"

Man In Black

That link was about the draft.​
Gee....ya' figured-that-out, all by yourself, huh??

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

jcash.jpg

"

Man In Black

That link was about the draft.​
Gee....ya' figured-that-out, all by yourself, huh??

:rolleyes:

I was letting
everyone else
know that you
were full of crap.​

Not that we all don't already know that.

That's when managers damned-near start offering hand-jobs to keep people from leaving!!!! [/CENTER]

You have no data to back that up.
No.....just 30+ years in manufacturing/R&D.

So what did managers offer that approached the level of hand-jobs to keep people in your observation? How many managers did this to how many employees?

I don't need some (mere) bank-employee telling me about the Real World.

:eusa_hand:

Former bank employee. However, if I applied your logic then we wouldn't even be discussing this since it's obvious that you are quite the washed up underachiever.

Run along. You must have some paper (to push), somewhere.

You don't pay attention much do you?

Forum List

Back