How Many?

silly appeal to emotion , All types of immigration are ruining the USA no matter what their silly stories are , Let them build their homelands is my opinion !!

Indeed, they hail from a culture of violence and corruption and instead of creating a law abiding country of their own they opt for the one we created.

How many who come here shouting (one way or the other) about immigration issues know even one immigrant? Even one illegal immigrant? A few? Some? Many? Hundreds?

Emotion is all well and good for movies and sappy music, but the other stuff is more important.

Using the same logic you would dismiss the doctor treating you for cancer unless he himself had first had cancer...

That would not be "the same logic."

let the illegals and plain old immigrants stay in and develop their own countries !!

you give illegals preference before these law abiding petitioners?..

No, and I never said that. Pay attention.

Then what does your question matter? Every illegal allowed to stay and work in the US gets preference over all law abiding petitioners. Your question supposes that we should have empathy for those who have no empathy for law abiding immigrants?

Ahh I see. Poorly worded op. (UPDATE)

Last edited:
I have known many at work or in school. Two were good friends of mine.

Illegals? NOt so much.

How many who come here shouting (one way or the other) about immigration issues know even one immigrant? Even one illegal immigrant? A few? Some? Many? Hundreds?

Emotion is all well and good for movies and sappy music, but the other stuff is more important.

What exactly does it matter if they know them? I've known many fine illegal immigrants. Familiarity is not the crux of the issue. The issue is a system that forces us to pay for them in many cases. The issue is the high percentage of illegal immigrants who are criminals. And to a lesser extent, I believe the issue is about these open borders advocates (governments) who are not genuine/consistent in calling for open borders for America and not everyone else.

What exactly does it matter if they know them? I've known many fine illegal immigrants. Familiarity is not the crux of the issue. The issue is a system that forces us to pay for them in many cases. The issue is the high percentage of illegal immigrants who are criminals. And to a lesser extent, I believe the issue is about these open borders advocates (governments) who are not genuine/consistent in calling for open borders for America and not everyone else.

Who are these advocates?

My clan rough estimate about 350+ legal immigrants through petition process from Spain and Philippines. About 50% works for me. If I include other people I know or other families close 3k.
Illegals about 20 but family members not included. All of them are nice law abiding illegals.
I do not support illegals.

Using the same logic you would dismiss the doctor treating you for cancer unless he himself had first had cancer. That aside the empathy argument does you no good. I know plenty of people who want to come to this country but gave up petitioning because the wait is 23 years and by the time they get here they will be in their 50's. Still, you give illegals preference before these law abiding petitioners? How dare you.

Can I ask you a question if you don't mind?
What kind of petition that takes 23 years? Bc oz this is the second time I heard from you. What do you mean giving up petition? Petitioning is filing an application then leave it there till you receive a notification. When they gave up, do they retrieve the application?

I have a friend that used to work for US embassy in the Philippines but reassigned in Brazil. He is with me right now on vacation here in Key Biscayne, Fl. I asked him about this 23 years and he never heard of it.

I've met and helped hundreds. I'm sure some are not the sort we want to come here but the ones I met were all coming here to work the fields. They would go back at the end of the season and return the next year. Most had jobs waiting for them, had cash to pay expenses and were basically good people.

Migrant farm workers do not take jobs away from Americans. They do work Americans won't do and couldn't do even if it paid what we expect a job to pay.

Look at the disaster in Alabama and ask yourself if that's what you want to see happen all across the country.

I've met and helped hundreds. I'm sure some are not the sort we want to come here but the ones I met were all coming here to work the fields. They would go back at the end of the season and return the next year. Most had jobs waiting for them, had cash to pay expenses and were basically good people.

Migrant farm workers do not take jobs away from Americans. They do work Americans won't do and couldn't do even if it paid what we expect a job to pay.

Look at the disaster in Alabama and ask yourself if that's what you want to see happen all across the country.

What countries did these migrant workers came from? Are you talking about H2A program? Braceros?
I don't own a farm but I know people that own farms in Delano, Ca north of Bakersfield and Oregon.
I built, sale, service and distribution of medical and hospital instruments. We do not H1 or illegal employee. It's impossible.

If you believe illegal invaders are only here picking fruit, you are insanely gullible. Or perhaps you are just that stupid.

Forum List

Back