How Many

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
How Many fucking Mont Blanc pens does it take Obama to sign his fucking name to a bill anyway?

Obama's 22 pens stamp health care bill into law - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

22 pens really?

Our President only has 11 letters in his name and it took 22 pens to sign the fucking bill.

And how much did all those pens cost? Since the Obama administration was the one to figure out that both sides of a piece of paper can be written on, you'd think they should know that a pen can be used to sign a signature hundreds of times

Knowing the government, they probably paid $5,000 per pen (which retail for $250).

You forgot the Hussein part. That is an additional 7. And the spaces between the names, that is two more. ......

The favored phrase is that President Obama transformed American health care on Tuesday 'with the stroke of a pen' -- but it was actually many pens, 22 to be exact.

It's common practice at bill signings. Presidents affix their names on the document with several pens that are handed out as keepsakes to members of Congress and other special guests.

Most of the historic pens went to the Democratic congressional leaders who pushed the health care bill through, as well as Vice President Biden. Obama kept one for himself. Another went to Carol Keehan, a Catholic nun who broke with the church's bishops and gave the bill a key endorsement. Vicki Kennedy, the widow of Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., also received a pen.

Two others went to the National Archives.

Your question's answer is in the first part of the article.

He used a Mel Blanc pen?

PICT0701.JPG

How Many fucking Mont Blanc pens does it take Obama to sign his fucking name to a bill anyway?

Obama's 22 pens stamp health care bill into law - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

22 pens really?

Our President only has 11 letters in his name and it took 22 pens to sign the fucking bill.

And how much did all those pens cost? Since the Obama administration was the one to figure out that both sides of a piece of paper can be written on, you'd think they should know that a pen can be used to sign a signature hundreds of times

It is VERY common for president to use multiple pens when signing a bill, and has been going on for YEARS. Get over it.

They use a different pen for each letter. And then a different pen to cross each T and to dot each I. They then hand them out as souvenirs to loyal supporters.

Every president has done this, not just Obama, and it's no big deal. While there is plenty to get upset at Obama for, this isn't one of the things.

It only took Bush one pen to make his X?

I think they would actually use two for that. One for each stroke.

(I know it was a joke, but this pen thing has always bothered me for years. Not that they do it, but HOW in the hell do they do it and still write in cursive. Give it a shot sometime. Pain in the ass and if yer not careful, sloppy as hell.)

They use a different pen for each letter. And then a different pen to cross each T and to dot each I. They then hand them out as souvenirs to loyal supporters.

Every president has done this, not just Obama, and it's no big deal. While there is plenty to get upset at Obama for, this isn't one of the things.

True, but I still shake my head every time I see it. Just never made much sense to me.

(I know it was a joke, but this pen thing has always bothered me for years. Not that they do it, but HOW in the hell do they do it and still write in cursive. Give it a shot sometime. Pain in the ass and if yer not careful, sloppy as hell.)

Technically, it is not really their signature if it is not written as a signature in a fluid motion.

(I don't know what my statement is really supposed to mean, but I said it anyway.)

Technically, it is not really their signature if it is not written as a signature in a fluid motion.

(I don't know what my statement is really supposed to mean, but I said it anyway.)

Don't tell people that. Next thing you know the wingnuts will say every law passed isn't law yet 'cuz the prez never really "signed" it.

I can see Orly Taitz and Michael Moore firing up their media campaigns now...

Don't tell people that. Next thing you know the wingnuts will say every law passed isn't law yet 'cuz the prez never really "signed" it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

22 pens really?

Jobs created or saved. :eusa_whistle:

Shit! That would open a can of worms...

How long has this using multiple pen for signatures thing been going on?

If every law needed to be repealed, would that mean that blacks would still be slaves?

Shit! That would open a can of worms...

How long has this using multiple pen for signatures thing been going on?

If every law needed to be repealed, would that mean that blacks would still be slaves?

Better yet, the US doesn't really "own" Texas?

Forum List

Back