How many unemployed....

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
Are taking advantage of a great opportunity to make some dough?

Here in New England, roofs are collapsing under the weight of record snowfalls. How many so called unemployed people are going to make money on this situation?

All one has to do is buy a roof rake for a few bucks or make their own and ask people if they want the snow removed from their dangerously overburdened roof.

There is a ton of money just waiting to be made.

Here in New England, roofs are collapsing under the weight of record snowfalls. How many so called unemployed people are going to make money on this situation?

All one has to do is buy a roof rake for a few bucks or make their own and ask people if they want the snow removed from their dangerously overburdened roof.

Do you want them to make money under the table?

I don't give a shit.

For one i doubt any one individual would pay them more than $600 so there would be no legal reason for a 1099.

meh. if it's good enough for our SecTreas... it's good enough for the unemployed.

This of course assumes they really want to BE employed instead of gubmint cattle.

Hey skull, if you have kids, you better get em out there before these unemployed people get that work. Shovel sidewalks? Sure! Shovel Roofs? That's an upcharge! Could see people making 20 bucks for an hour of work or so. Nice.

Last edited:

I don't give a shit.

For one i doubt any one individual would pay them more than $600 so there would be no legal reason for a 1099.

But wouldn't it effect their benefits? And if they worked under the table, wouldn't they be doing so illegally? And wouldn't that be UE fraud?
If you were someone on UE would you want your benefits cut for two days of work? or have to pay back benefits because of two days of work?

meh. if it's good enough for our SecTreas... it's good enough for the unemployed.

This of course assumes they really want to BE employed instead of gubmint cattle.
Shoveling snow for two days= wanting to be employed?
I love it when people talk about how these people are not looking, when it is well known the jobs are not available.

I don't give a shit.

But wouldn't it effect their benefits? And if they worked under the table, wouldn't they be doing so illegally? And wouldn't that be UE fraud?
If you were someone on UE would you want your benefits cut for two days of work? or have to pay back benefits because of two days of work?
Congress doesn't want to fix illegal immigration. Why should they care about citizens doing work like this? At least the cash stays in the country.

I love it when people talk about how these people are not looking, when it is well known the jobs are not available.
I have 6 friends unemployed. Oh they're looking all right, but in very narrow areas of industry. Only ONE of the bunch left his field as a union electrician till things improved just to make sure there was some decent income. His wife won't look outside her field. I know of at least 3 who have stated they won't look for work till the benefits get close to running out, because they make good enough money just 'applying' for work with no intentions of trying to get it. And one is actually trying to make ends meet by working any temp job he's qualified for, plus volunteering to help network.

Lots of lazy assholes out there, and some of them are my friends.

there is work to be had as i have just illustrated. Who knows a simple thing like snow removal from a roof could turn into a business venture.

If they do work and get paid they need to claim that on their unemployment forms, and if they do that it will effect the amount of unemployment they get which is not much to begin with believe me.

If they do work and get paid they need to claim that on their unemployment forms, and if they do that it will effect the amount of unemployment they get which is not much to begin with believe me.

So it's better to pay people not to work??

I'm not saying that but put yourself in their shoes, why take a risk of getting your unemployment cut off for something you don't even know will be consistent? I have been unemployed and it is very very hard right now. Any report of income will either seriously deplete your unemployment or even shut it off.

I'm not saying that but put yourself in their shoes, why take a risk of getting your unemployment cut off for something you don't even know will be consistent? I have been unemployed and it is very very hard right now. Any report of income will either seriously deplete your unemployment or even shut it off.

Then don't report it. I don't care.

Then don't report it. I don't care.

Ok.

So Skull Pilot wants them to fraud the government and risk losing all their benefits to shovel snow for two days?

And I love people who make assumptions about the people collecting UE.

Last edited:
I will also add, most of those people on UE worked, and worked for year PAYING TAXES. My friends dad worked for 30 years for the company that laid him off, I wonder how much money he paid in taxes those 30 years?
Also, at almost 60 who do you think is going to hire him? I dont think being a Walmart greeter will support his family.

Speaking of people who need to shovel their roofs, what about those jerks who don't even shovel their sidewalks?

So Skull Pilot wants them to fraud the government and risk losing all their benefits to shovel snow for two days?

And I love people who make assumptions about the people collecting UE.

I think the government has more to worry about than a couple people making a few extra dollars under the table.

I used to take work for cash whenever I could.

Forum List

Back