How many types of wealthy are there?

Why the hatred for anyone who is born into a wealthy family?

Maybe the ghetto queens, trailor trash and other related scumbag liberals should learn this fact:

- It is a noble thing to sacrifice in order to provide your kids a BETTER life than most others will enjoy.

Parents of ALL income try to set their kids up for a life with extra benefits. Mid class families set aside college money. Poor families may just scrap by to pay for private school so their kid wont be caught up in gangs at a local public (excuse me, "government") school. And yes, rich families set up trust funds and such so their kid will never have money trouble.

Why is this wrong? Is wealth something to be ashamed of now??????

There was a time when parents would work 4 jobs, any jobs, to pay for their children to have a better life then themselves. Why bother now when you can just put your hand out and get a government check?

Didn't you get the memo? Working hard and getting ahead in the world is not PC anymore. Enjoying the money you have earned is not PC.

It is however very PC to steal from the "rich" to give to the "poor"

cgr0189l.jpg

Government retirement changed....around 25 years ago. The magic number used to be 55 years of age along with 30 years of service. Under FERS it's 62 years of age along with 30 years of sevice.....I'm pretty sure that's right.

Not in California for state and municipal workers.

These right wingers. Wet dream after wet dream about money.

This is why they want to pass legislation to protect "wealth". Because they all think that one day, they will have "wealth".

Ask them how they will get this "wealth" and their eyes glaze over. Their breath slows. A single tear falls down one cheek to join the drool that's already falling in a steady drip. Then the delusion kicks back in. And they act like they never heard the question.

All they know is they have to protect their imaginary "wealth". Oh, it's real, they just haven't got it yet.

:blahblah:

No we get it plenty. The people are sick of the Progressives stealing from the living and the yet to be born by lawful thievery.

Get a new CD/Record deany-baby...yours is severly scratched and skips to the same fucking track.

It's unfuckingbelievable when people like you continue to claim that 60+ years of excessive spending should all be blamed on "progressives" (i.e., Democrats). Whatever will you do, now that I presume you're an adult, when two years from now following another Republican led House of Representatives, which means they control the purse strings, nothing has changed? Whose "fault" will it be? Shall I list some of the excesses of the Reagan administration that got us deeply into the first deficit situation which no one thought could be overcome? For starters, the multi-billion "starwars" boondoggle. Then there was the multi-billion dollar "super collider" which after already spending billions was scrapped.

These right wingers. Wet dream after wet dream about money.

This is why they want to pass legislation to protect "wealth". Because they all think that one day, they will have "wealth".

Ask them how they will get this "wealth" and their eyes glaze over. Their breath slows. A single tear falls down one cheek to join the drool that's already falling in a steady drip. Then the delusion kicks back in. And they act like they never heard the question.

All they know is they have to protect their imaginary "wealth". Oh, it's real, they just haven't got it yet.

You are a slobbering dickhead, idiot yourself, in fact every bit as much as those you villify and talk down to. Maybe moreso.

But you can't be far off the mark in this post.

Why do the poor worship the rich?

Why do the poor worship the Pope?

Why do the weak suck up the strong?

Why do the stupid subscribe to every syllable uttered by the allegedly smart?

Why do sheeple subscribe uncritically to authority?

Why do the fearful bow down before the oppressive?

Why do the skeered suck the balls of those in positions of authority?

Why are all partisans brain dead idiots without a spine?

Why do the dems do whatever the repubs want even when the dems have towering majorities?

Why do the repubs control the agenda even when they are relegated to the political desert?

The correct answer of course is rooted in our biology.

Well I'd like to see more on that last part, as most of what you say has always been a mystery to me, too.

I thought I remembered seeing something related to this. Although I don't think there's yet been any scientific research on this subject, it still makes for an interesting hypothesis:

Liberalism or Conservatism: Genetics or Environmental? | The Conservative Defender
... (it’s not a coincidence that generally vegetarians/gatherers are liberal and hunters/warriors are conservative)

Last edited:
Sounds just about right. A very good image of the people who want wealth redistributed. And given the them.

That's whats so funny. The wealth was already redistributed with 2.4 trillion in tax cuts, the majority of which went to the top 1%. And what did they do with it? Built factories in China, thereby insuring their base will NEVER have the wealth they obsess for. It's hilarious.

Remember how that tax cut was supposed to rebuild the economy? Well, it did. In China. Republicans moved 2.4 million jobs there from 2001 to 2008 and they put policies in place that keep the drain going.

And their "government can't make jobs" base is screaming for government to, get this, "make jobs". It really is hilarious.

I think it says everything you need to know about rdean that he thinks cutting the amount of taxes someone PAYS ON THEIR OWN INCOME is "wealth redistribution". If anyone is still listening to the words issuing from his cockholster after that, that person is as stupid as rdean himself.

Except that there isn't an economics Ph.D alive (or anyone who can do simple math for that matter) who doesn't know the logic behind that. Those tax windfalls could have been residing in our Treasury to PAY FOR STUFF that the Bush Administration put on account.

That's whats so funny. The wealth was already redistributed with 2.4 trillion in tax cuts, the majority of which went to the top 1%. And what did they do with it? Built factories in China, thereby insuring their base will NEVER have the wealth they obsess for. It's hilarious.

Remember how that tax cut was supposed to rebuild the economy? Well, it did. In China. Republicans moved 2.4 million jobs there from 2001 to 2008 and they put policies in place that keep the drain going.

And their "government can't make jobs" base is screaming for government to, get this, "make jobs". It really is hilarious.

I think it says everything you need to know about rdean that he thinks cutting the amount of taxes someone PAYS ON THEIR OWN INCOME is "wealth redistribution". If anyone is still listening to the words issuing from his cockholster after that, that person is as stupid as rdean himself.

Deany is a victim of Statist Gubmint education...I don't know whether to pity him...or continue laughter or scorn...Toss UP...

Rdean may be opinionated, but he/she has more knowledge in one finger than in some of the collective cerebrum who post here.

Sounds just about right. A very good image of the people who want wealth redistributed. And given the them.

I think you need to understand what wealth redistribution is first. Think real hard on the idea of robin hood syndrome.

Yet I'll bet as a child (or perhaps as a semi-adult watching remakes), you weren't rooting for the Sheriff of Notthingham.

that's whats so funny. The wealth was already redistributed with 2.4 trillion in tax cuts, the majority of which went to the top 1%. And what did they do with it? Built factories in china, thereby insuring their base will never have the wealth they obsess for. It's hilarious.

Remember how that tax cut was supposed to rebuild the economy? Well, it did. In china. Republicans moved 2.4 million jobs there from 2001 to 2008 and they put policies in place that keep the drain going.

i think you need to understand what wealth redistribution is first. Think real hard on the idea of robin hood syndrome.

funny you should use a picture of a soldier and defend the rich. How many millionaires become soldiers?

See, the right wing, with their love affair of the super wealthy, believe the wealthy should have no responsibilities for help taking care of this nation. Isn't it enough that they live here. They could live anywhere, but they live here, so let's not make them mad by expecting they contribute.

In fact, when a company, like bp fucks up a thousand miles of coastline and screws up the economy, let's soothe what ever embarrassment they might feel and if someone expects them to pay the families of those that died, or expects them to pay for their disaster, let's apologize. Just kidding. We know that would never happen. No one would apologize to a company that just screwed this country. No one except a republican.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdc0n79bdls[/ame]

touche' !!!!!!

Two points Maggie:

If you want to understand LC's post the cheapest and fastest way I know to get up to speed is to bookmark the bio-rational institute. Short form the entire economy is based on competition to get the most great grandkids through assortive mating.

The Progressive-Conservative political spectrum is based on knowing how to regulate and improve the assortive mating competition which is just plain nonsense. Non-lethal Darwinian selection in the top pack predator species on the planet works poorly enough without amateur political influence and interference.

Do right wingers understand that "inherited" doesn't mean, "Worked hard for"?

my parents invested $200k in the late 70's through the 1980's in CD's and in 10 years, had a million dollars....interest earnings on cd's could be found in the double digits...one of them paid 25% interest mom said....

NOW CD's are paying in interest 1-2%.....i will NEVER make a million off of them...

Yup. Besides, from what I hear around here, it's selfish of you to keep your money anyway.

it's for retirement....because i chose to not work the last 20 years of my working career, my retirement from SS will drop drastically and we need our money in retirement CD's to make much more than 1-2% though....or we too will be strapped in old age....though we own our home outright, so that will help....IF property taxes don't go through the roof!
I hope the Democrats don't ruin your plans more than they already have.

no one on gvt dole will EVER be considered ''the wealthy'' or described as ''wealthy'' though....
You don't consider bank executives wealthy with their multi-million dollar bonuses? As we speak the Fed is trying to stick close to $1 trillion in their pockets 600 B of QE II and 300 B of recaptured principle are being injected to the banks. That sure sounds like getting rich on the gvt dole to me or at least richer.

I think that's considered an investment more than an [indirect] government giveaway. Investment banks sure aren't ready to prop up smaller lending banks, so what's the alternative when something immediate needs to be done?

All of the recent decisions have presented a huge conundrum because if there were all the time in the world to revamp the fed, "let the free market adjust," and all the other usual fixes to the ebbing and flowing of the economy, printing more money wouldn't be necessary, TARP wouldn't have been necessary, etc., etc. There's an urgency which has not been felt since the crash of 1929.

You are a slobbering dickhead, idiot yourself, in fact every bit as much as those you villify and talk down to. Maybe moreso.

But you can't be far off the mark in this post.

Why do the poor worship the rich?

Why do the poor worship the Pope?

Why do the weak suck up the strong?

Why do the stupid subscribe to every syllable uttered by the allegedly smart?

Why do sheeple subscribe uncritically to authority?

Why do the fearful bow down before the oppressive?

Why do the skeered suck the balls of those in positions of authority?

Why are all partisans brain dead idiots without a spine?

Why do the dems do whatever the repubs want even when the dems have towering majorities?

Why do the repubs control the agenda even when they are relegated to the political desert?

The correct answer of course is rooted in our biology.

Why do you hate success and productivity?

envy----pure and simple

Does Bo give a dollar to everyone who agrees with her on that?

i don't think someone earning $250k a year should be in the tax bracket for the ''wealthiest''.....that i am certain about....

the very top tax bracket should begin much higher than a 250k a year earner....

the top bracket in taxes should probably start at a couple of million a year in earnings....someone making 250k should be about 3 down from the highest bracket, imho.

The original top tax bracket (there were only 2) in 1913 was set at $11 Million Dollars in 2010 constant dollars. And the rate at that level was 7%.

Which illustrates the real goal of tax policy: to tax the broad middle class (lower, middle, and upper).

Why are you using "constant dollars"?? In 1913, the tax rate was 7% over $500,000. In 2010, the tax rate is 35% over $373,650. Starting in 1985, the tax bracket boundaries were indexed for inflation.

Two points Maggie:

If you want to understand LC's post the cheapest and fastest way I know to get up to speed is to bookmark the bio-rational institute. Short form the entire economy is based on competition to get the most great grandkids through assortive mating.

The Progressive-Conservative political spectrum is based on knowing how to regulate and improve the assortive mating competition which is just plain nonsense. Non-lethal Darwinian selection in the top pack predator species on the planet works poorly enough without amateur political influence and interference.

Shucks. So I guess cloning the smartest liberals in the room to gain the advantage is out of the question, right?

Why this presumption of "hatred" for those who are born wealthy? Is this an introspective trait?

JFK was born wealthy. And while he was hated by some for his political effectiveness I don't think anyone hated him because of his privileged birth. He was widely revered and the loss of him was deeply mourned by many millions.

I dislike George W. Bush for the contemptible sonofabitch he is, not because he was born into wealth and power. If someone killed that bastard tomorrow I don't think too many tears would be shed.

Some wealthy people are very nice and some are rotten bastards. I think Jimmy Buffett is a nice man, so is Michael Bloomberg, but Donald Trump annoys the hell out of me. So my feelings toward these men is based on their personal characteristics, not their respective wealth. And I believe most people feel pretty much the same.

There also is a tendency to believe that criticism of excessive wealth and dislike of those who acquire it is rooted in jealousy. Again, I suspect this to be introspective projection. I will admit that I envy anyone who acquires enough wealth to lead a comfortable, secure, reasonably luxurious life, but I do not envy the greedy -- and greed is essential to the accumulation of excessive wealth.

Maybe the ghetto queens, trailor trash and other related scumbag liberals should learn this fact:

- It is a noble thing to sacrifice in order to provide your kids a BETTER life than most others will enjoy.

Parents of ALL income try to set their kids up for a life with extra benefits. Mid class families set aside college money. Poor families may just scrap by to pay for private school so their kid wont be caught up in gangs at a local public (excuse me, "government") school. And yes, rich families set up trust funds and such so their kid will never have money trouble.

Why is this wrong? Is wealth something to be ashamed of now??????

There was a time when parents would work 4 jobs, any jobs, to pay for their children to have a better life then themselves. Why bother now when you can just put your hand out and get a government check?

Didn't you get the memo? Working hard and getting ahead in the world is not PC anymore. Enjoying the money you have earned is not PC.

It is however very PC to steal from the "rich" to give to the "poor"
As a simple philosophical question, do you believe it is immoral to steal from a thief? Take for example the familiar persona of Ken Lay and Jeffrey Skilling, two mega-millionaires who happened to get caught. Would you say that these two greedy pricks, both of whom managed to accumulate billions of dollars by imposing virtual financial ruin on thousands of their employees, are examples of "working hard and getting ahead in the world?"

And do you think that those two examples are starkly different from the scoundrels who conceived and executed the sub-prime mortgage scheme which is stealing the savings of hundreds of thousands of truly hard-working people and making them homeless?

And what about the Wall Street hedge fund operators whose devious maneuverings have gambled away the hopes and dreams of millions of truly hard-working, honest investors? How do these people fit into your Horatio Alger fantasy of "working hard and getting ahead in the world?"

Just what do you consider "wealth" to be? And do you make a distinction between wealth and excessive wealth? If so, please explain the difference.

nobody cares about this class warfare shit anymore s0n..............

If they did.........the map of the United States wouldnt look like...............

THIS................

PH2010110301760.jpg

the left always puts it on the tee for you like a big old pumpkin!!!

Forum List

Back