How many times does the question need to be asked.......

On this board? There are definitely those who are smart enough but hate Obama more. There is definitely a hard core group who is not smart enough...I could name names.....:cool:
I live in Pittsburgh where you are naturally a Steeler fan. I went to school at The Ohio State University where i met and befriended many Clevelanders.

Now, Clevelanders and Pittsburghers do not naturally get along due to the intense rivalry between the two cities and their football teams.

Isn't the way politics is discussed, practiced and regarded seem a little too much like football rivalries? It may be fun, but it is not the way leadership is developed. It certainly isn't the way problems are solved.

Living almost exactly between those two fine cities (Mileage is almost identical, and almost exact opposite directions) I can appreciate your comparison; truth is there are very few on these boards who truly expect to solve anything.
I'll bet you know about the infamous "Youngstown Starter"! The way "the boys" used to send a message... without using the public announcer at Idora Park!

My very oldest and dearest friend lives in Austintown.

I live in Pittsburgh where you are naturally a Steeler fan. I went to school at The Ohio State University where i met and befriended many Clevelanders.

Now, Clevelanders and Pittsburghers do not naturally get along due to the intense rivalry between the two cities and their football teams.

Isn't the way politics is discussed, practiced and regarded seem a little too much like football rivalries? It may be fun, but it is not the way leadership is developed. It certainly isn't the way problems are solved.

Living almost exactly between those two fine cities (Mileage is almost identical, and almost exact opposite directions) I can appreciate your comparison; truth is there are very few on these boards who truly expect to solve anything.
I'll bet you know about the infamous "Youngstown Starter"! The way "the boys" used to send a message... without using the public announcer at Idora Park!

My very oldest and dearest friend lives in Austintown.

You got it on the money. I spent many a weekend at Idora. too bad they allowed it to disappear. But I am between Youngstown and the PA line these days. Actually on the line basically.

Forum List

Back