How many times does Romney have to say he doesn’t care about poor people?

The only way it is done. To get your SSDI benefit you have to prove your disability. Your doc has to certify it, Social Security's doctor has to certify it after an exam, AND you have to be cleared by a Soc. Security shrink, too. Then you get questioned by the Judge at the hearing.

You don't get to Federal district court unless your denied and go thru the 5 levels.

1) Initial application
2) Reconsideration
3) Hearing
4) Appeals Council
5) Federal district court

wait a minute Social Security is not welfare, there isn't any "47%" who don't pay SS taxes, so now we're just talking about the few hundred million a year we spend on welfare and blaming 16 trillion in debt on that? bullshit, we spend very little helping the least among us and we give billions in tax breaks the rich fucks like Romney. Mr. less than 14% on 20 million in unearned income.

Bullshit is right. Who's blaming the debt on that??

I blame the debt on the big spenders in DC. Congress controls the pursestrings. They decide where the money is spent.

They think the taxpayers are a bottomless pit of money. Why do you think they took out loans??

As for helping the least among us? Let them help themselves for a change. I'm sick of supporting them. Those folks should have skin in the game.

If you and folks like you want to continue to support em then have at it.

More lies. It comes so easily to you.

Nope. Fact. Of course I don't agree with you so I'm a liar.

Wonder if everyone who doesn't agree with you is a liar?? Ah well. To each his own.

AS I said. You can believe as you wish. Since I don't know you down here in Central Florida I don't really don't give a rats ass what you believe. LOL

yeah I see your point, the poor people drove the economy into the ditch, like they were at the wheel, what a fish!

Nope they didn't. Congress drove the car into the ditch. They control the pursestrings and make the rules and regs.

Barry still has the car buried up to the axels.

Romney was NOT talking about "poor" people, he was talking about the 47% of people who contributes nothing to FEDERAL INCOME TAXES..which is a fact jack

As Obama would like to say, they have no skin in the game

but liberals know how to use these people, calling them all POOR..which we know a lot of them ARE NOT

anyway everyone should vote for Obama's visions for us, we can ALL BE JULIAS

SNIP:

Obama’s ‘Julia’ ad and the new Hubby State
Obama for America - A screen grab from “The Life of Julia” ad.
Text Size Print E-mail Reprints
By Jessica Gavora, Published: May 11The Washington Post

“The Life of Julia,” the Obama campaign’s new interactive Web ad, follows a cartoon everywoman, Julia, through the milestones of a middle-class American life: education, work, motherhood, retirement. One milestone is pointedly missing: marriage.

But, then again, why should Julia get married? She doesn’t need to. Like a growing number of single women with children, Julia is married to the state.
from
Obama’s ‘Julia’ ad and the new Hubby State - The Washington Post

This could be a bit higher by state.

The hourly wage in China is $4.50 and Mexico is $3.50. That keeps our mini wage down.

It can't be easy making ends meet working for the US mini wage.

So if a family works with an low income mini wage but still gets some Fed assistance, at least they are trying.

But I agree, I don't like welfare that encourages having babies and/or just sitting around eating MacDonalds and getting fat.

During Clintions second term, with the Repub congress, they started the Welfare back to work program. That was a good step.

I dont know. one or two times might help your argument. But manufacturing quotes is absurd. Just as assuming that the poor all support Obama...

Of course, we have to completely ignore the charity Romney does. Which i know you guys are going out of your way to do.

You people need to understand, the lamestream media is a enemy to half of you in this country..

I am one of the 47% in Central Florida not working. I don't collect welfare, but a Federal Judge awarded me Disability after my teaching career had to end.

So disabled you had to sue in Federal court to prove it ?

The problem.

The only way it is done. To get your SSDI benefit you have to prove your disability. Your doc has to certify it, Social Security's doctor has to certify it after an exam, AND you have to be cleared by a Soc. Security shrink, too. Then you get questioned by the Judge at the hearing.

SSDI isn't just handed out like Bain Capital pink slips. It is hard to get. You really truly have to not be physically able to work.

Regards from Rosie

In one regard it is very easy to get. Just be in a low income level and have your child in a special ed. class. Automatic SSDI! Monthly check of hundreds! That is not what SS was supposed to be about.

I dont know. one or two times might help your argument. But manufacturing quotes is absurd. Just as assuming that the poor all support Obama...

Of course, we have to completely ignore the charity Romney does. Which i know you guys are going out of your way to do.

Because it's not relevent.

When those vets got home, they shouldn't have ever been in a homeless shelter.

And Romney (a guy, who let's not forget, used a Clergy Exemption to avoid Vietnam) mocked them saying, "Maybe we can teach them to milk cows".

Oh, AFTER he gets roasted on a spit for that one, he does something decent....

How about doing something decent to start with?

Romney was NOT talking about "poor" people, he was talking about the 47% of people who contributes nothing to FEDERAL INCOME TAXES..which is a fact jack

As Obama would like to say, they have no skin in the game

but liberals know how to use these people, calling them all POOR..which we know a lot of them ARE NOT

]

If the Bush tax cuts were allowed to expire, then a large portion of that 47% would go back to paying some federal income tax.

Do you support that?

Conservatives rant for decades about how we need lower taxes more than anything to improve our economy,

and now they rant about how low income Americans' taxes are too low.

Which is it, people?

Why work when you can make the same in entitlements that your marketable skills bring you by your own efforts ?

The problem.

if you think entitlements are all that cushy you're full of shit, but you do have a point jobs don't pay shit, we do need a lot more unions to change that, the real problem is a bunch of weak assed rich kids got all the money from great grand daddy and don't know shit about creating jobs, what we need to do is get tough and say EVERYBODY has got to earn their way, even the ones born lucky,

You clearly failed economics 101. How sad for you.

Not all, but most poor people are that way because they are lazy, make bad decisions, have bad attitudes, have kids out of wedlock, etc.

That's the truth nobody talks about.

That's bullshit, people are poor for the same reason they are rich, they are born that way, here's a link to help you catch up with the truth of how class fixed American really is:

Class Matters - Social Class in the United States of America - The New York Times

yes they can born that way, they can also work their way out of BEING POOR...nobody is stopping them from doing that, A LOT of people have done it

No, not really...

Rags to riches? That's Hollywood fiction, study finds

The report found that 70 percent of Americans whose parents were in the bottom fifth of the income ladder stayed below the middle as adults.​

That 47 percent of people paying no federal income taxes is a bit misleading, because out of that 47 percent who pay no federal, 2/3rds of them DO pay payroll taxes.

Why work when you can make the same in entitlements that your marketable skills bring you by your own efforts ?

The problem.

if you think entitlements are all that cushy you're full of shit, but you do have a point jobs don't pay shit, we do need a lot more unions to change that, the real problem is a bunch of weak assed rich kids got all the money from great grand daddy and don't know shit about creating jobs, what we need to do is get tough and say EVERYBODY has got to earn their way, even the ones born lucky,

You clearly failed economics 101. How sad for you.

you're right... the ones that are born lucky don't always earn their keep.

ss-truth-11.jpg

Not all, but most poor people are that way because they are lazy, make bad decisions, have bad attitudes, have kids out of wedlock, etc.

That's the truth nobody talks about.

That's bullshit, people are poor for the same reason they are rich, they are born that way, here's a link to help you catch up with the truth of how class fixed American really is:

Class Matters - Social Class in the United States of America - The New York Times

Ok if that is true. Why is that out 6 kids my parents had 3 are poor and 3 are middle class. I grew up DIRT poor. We lived in a 4 room house. We had NOT hot water tank we had to boil water to wash dishes or take baths. If you wanted a shower it was a cold one . And in PA in the winter time IT WAS REALLY cold. Thankfully my best friend parents were really nice and I stayed with them most of the time. I would go home just to get some clothes .. To this day I love them like second family .. Of the 3 siblings that are poor , It was because they made POOR choices. They did drugs, they drank, the would spend their money on stupid things before paying their bills.. They abused the system. My sisters husband would work under the table and they would collect welfare, food stamps and get utility assistance. She would tell them my elderly grandmother lived with them so they would not shut of their gas. My grandmother was dead at that time.. The other 3 kids who are not poor. We made good choices with our money.. we save it. We paid our bills. So you see . We had the same parents, Were raised the same with the same morals. So this you are BORN into it IS BULLSHIT that you cant get out of it if you want to. I was born into poverty but I am NOT poor.. My husband was also born into poverty . And all his brothers and sisters ( their was 7 of them) all are Middle class or upper middle class.. My BIL neighbor is Chuck Norris son.. Everyone can make a change in their lives. How many times you see celebrities make it big and lose it all because of dumb choices. Or lottery winners lose it all because they do dumb things.

Forum List

Back