How many Tea Party candidates ran countrywide...

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
...in the Democratic primaries?

Just curious, since I've been led to understand it's a non-partisan, grass-roots movement and all. Surely they wouldn't have ALL run as republicans if that is indeed the case.

• Banned

Just curious, since I've been led to understand it's a non-partisan, grass-roots movement and all. Surely they wouldn't have ALL run as republicans if that is indeed the case.

So none then?

That is a good question.

If it's non-partisan, you would think both sides would have tea party members running, and maybe some libertarians thrown in for good measure.

Do you think the Tea Party is going to have their very own party, so then we will have 4 Parties to choose from? (5 if you count the Green Party)

That is a good question.

If it's non-partisan, you would think both sides would have tea party members running, and maybe some libertarians thrown in for good measure.

Do you think the Tea Party is going to have their very own party, so then we will have 4 Parties to choose from? (5 if you count the Green Party)

The "party" part of Tea Party was never in regards to politics, it's just a play on the Boston Tea Party.

But the tea party movement does have a lot of libertarians in it.

As to Mani's question.. why would the tea party movement, which pretty much collectively identifies as a fiscal conservative movement, run candidates as democrats?

That would be politically counter-productive.

That is a good question.

As to Mani's question.. why would the tea party movement, which pretty much collectively identifies as a fiscal conservative movement, run candidates as democrats?

Don't confuse them with logic.

It is rather simply. Do try and pay attention.

the Tea Party is not a Republican partisan Group. It is a Conservative group. So yes they run as Republicans. Because it is the natural home of Conservatives. However they are not there to play nice with the Republican Establishment. They are there to change it.

Last edited:
The tea party now runs the republican agenda.

They pretend to be non partisan but every sane person knows they are the right of the right.

They will likely kill the republican party either buy absorbing it or by forcing a moderate republican faction party.

Either way both the republican party and the tea party will fuck each other in a few years.

That is a good question.

The movement is about lower taxes, lower spending, and fiscal responsibility.

It would make zero sense to run as a democrat, besides MAYBE in blue dog territory. I'm not sure if there's any blue dog/tea party affiliation, I don't care enough to look.

But Mani is trying to point out partisanry where it's really just about POLITICS and nothing more.

Running a tea party campaign as a democrat is suicide.

Interestingly enough, the fact that democrats would never consider a tea party candidate simply because they're tea party candidates, is pretty damn partisan in and of itself.

That is a good question.

It is rather simply. Do try and pay attention.

the Tea Party is not a Republican partisan Group. It is a Conservative group. So yes they run as Republicans. Because it is the natural home of Conservatives. However they are not there to play nice with the Republican Establishment. They are there to change it.

You might be right. But that is a very different description of the Tea Party than how I heard it originally described.

There might be 14 Democrats and 8 blacks who belong to the Tea Party, and they are carried at donor's expense from media event to media event.

Come on, folks, let's be honest: this is basically an overwhelming older, white, and pissed off they lost in the sixties political backlash, angry at knowing they will die and they and there ways will die with them. They will be remembered with a single image of Zander and CaliforniaGirl holding each other crying.

Forum List

Back