How Many Protests, Dead, or Injured Over the 'Mishandling of the Koran?'

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
It doesn't seem to matter that the story was retracted. Nor does it matter that the government had investigated those 'reports' and found most were not verifiable, and those where may have been some incident, well those came from inadvertent knocking a copy on the floor or placing one on a television set. Then of course there were incidents like this:

http://justoneminute.typepad.com/main/2005/05/we_missed_this_.html

May 26, 2005
We Missed This In The Gitmo Coverage
Michelle Malkin surveys the blogs and sends us to the ACLU summary of the prisoner allegations made to FBI investigators. News accounts overlooked this interview summary:

Notes that "Detainee REDACTED stated that the treatment of the Koran continued to be the reason for his unwillingness to cooperate. REDACTED was asked how the mistreatment of the Koran had taken place. REDACTED stated that the issue continued to be based on what the detainees perceived as the use of the Koran as a weapon. It was taken from them and returned at will, with little consideration for the value which they placed in the book. REDACTED was asked if he had ever seen the Koran mistreated or intentionally mishandled. He had not. REDACTED was asked if he had ever seen the Koran thrown around, tossed on the ground or mistreated in any way. He had not . . . . REDACTED was informed that his case for the proper treatment of the Koran had been taken to higher levels and presented as a serious issue. The effort had been hurt, however, because it had been found that detainees were hiding things within the pages of the Koran. As a result, the guards were required to look through the Koran for their own safety. REDACTED was asked if he could assure camp officials that none of the detainees would ever hide any objects of any kind in their Korans. He stated he could not.

OK, I am not sure what they could be hiding, but I am not a prison guard (and how do you make a "shiv"?

But it does suggest a real cat and mouse game was being played at Gitmo.

Now comes this news, from on the ground in the Middle East:

http://bigpharaoh.blogspot.com/2005/05/today-i-saw-demonstration-that-muslim.html
Today I saw the demonstration that the Muslim Brotherhood organized to protest against the "desecration of the Quran". Hundreds of protesters carrying Qurans and banners were surrounded by thousands of security policemen. They chanted slogans against the US and carried banners with the words "The desecration of the Quran is an unforgivable sin" written on them. Several Arab/Muslim countries witnessed the same protests today. It is very interesting to notice that in nearly all those countries the demonstrations were organized by Islamist parties who wanted to seize the "Quran into the super Gitmo toilet" story in order to flex their political muscles in their countries.

So, today thousands were angry because of the story that turned out to be untrue. Ummmm, interesting. Well, take a look at the above picture. It shows a group of radical Indian hindus burning the Quran in front of a camera. So here you go, a Quran getting burned on camera for the entire world to see. Isn't that more serious than Newsweek's story?

Why didn't the Arab/Muslim world erupt in flames? Where was the outrage against hindus? Why didn't we see Indian flags getting burned? Why didn't we see pictures of hindu gods getting "desecrated"? Well, you know the rule: the US is guilty even if proven innocent. Add to that the hypocrisy of those who call themselves Islamists. Those who see hindus (as long as they are not American hindus) burning Qurans and do not give a hoot. Those who see Iraqis getting killed by fellow Muslims and they do not give a hoot as well.

Update: In a show of political power, Pakistan's Islamist political parties amassed thousands today to protest against the "Quran into the super Gitmo toilet" story. No mass demonstrations against the suicide bombing that killed 18 Pakistanis (a.k.a Muslims) in a Sufi (mystic Islam) shrine today? No. Why? Because of H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.S.Y

Hell with em---they have hated us forever and it takes nothing to get thier leaders to rile them up----Invasion--stories of Koran desecration---doesn't matter and why we give a shit is beyond me.

Why? Because of H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.S.Y
It is more than mere hypocrisy. The riots and killings are part of a calculated anti-democratic and anti-American political and military campaign by radical Islamic Fundamentalists. The very last thing that the Islamofascists want is the success of the American foreign policy objective of Middle East democracy. American foreign policy objectives directly contradict the barbaric 8th century religious totalitarianism espoused by radical Islamic fundamentalists. This is why any pretext is seized to perpetrate violence and blame it on the Americans. The Gitmo story was a convenient excuse.

The American government apparently has absolutlely NO idea on how to issue a policy statement regarding Islamo-facism that carries any weight.

Forum List

Back