How many pounds do you think

I hope everyone negs Zander for that pic. :puke3:

And please don't quote him so we have to see it again! :eek:

Someone can put on in one day?

I wonder how many calories you would have to eat to to put on just one pound, and if you doubled that, would you wake up 2 pounds heavier, or does it take time? :confused:

3500 calories is 1lb of body weight.

I have to take in around 5-6000 calories a day to gain weight, just to put it into perspective.

Hmmmmm, so I wonder how many calories a person can work off in one day? :eusa_think:

Well gee I really don't quite know, but I'd certainly be interested in doing a study :D

I wonder how many calories you would have to eat to to put on just one pound, and if you doubled that, would you wake up 2 pounds heavier, or does it take time? :confused:

I have to take in around 5-6000 calories a day to gain weight, just to put it into perspective.

Hmmmmm, so I wonder how many calories a person can work off in one day? :eusa_think:

Refueling Needs During the Ironman
Calorie expenditures of this high level are 500 calories per hour of racing on average.

Read more: The Calories Burned During The Ironman Triathlon | LIVESTRONG.COM

Interesting.

Isn't your avatar doing the symbol for " West Coast"?

If you need 5-6000 calories a day to gain weight, then you loose weight if you consume less then 4999 calories a day.

So your basal metabolic rate needs 5000 calories.
Are you that big/massive/fat?

I don't know about poundage anymore. My theory is you should put on a few pounds (maybe 10 or 15) in your 40s and 50s because as you age, you naturally lose weight and you don't want to be too skinny. Imo, being too skinny is as unhealthy as being too fat. You're weak either way. Focus on strength instead.

I wouldn't worry about a few lbs. at Christmas.

Now, as for the lady in the picture, that theory goes out the window. She needs to lose and have surgery for all that hanging flab. :eek:

You need to consume 3500 calories in excess of your basal metabolic needs in order to gain one pound. The easiest way to do that is to eat an extra 500 calories a day for a week, and not exert yourself too much.

Assuming that your BMR is 1500 calories per day, if you gained 2 pounds overnight, you would have had to have eaten 8500 calories.

However, an easier explanation of your 2 lb weight gain is water weight. You ate too much salt yesterday.

Or, you have 2 lbs of kids that are waiting to be dropped off at the pool.

All I know is putting it on is much, much easier than losing it.

After the twins were born, I realized I'd put on an amazing amount of weight. :redface: It took a year to lose about 35 pounds I'd put on in probably about 4 months, considering the amount of time I was actually able to eat much of anything. So I'm watching those pies. From a distance. :lol:

Basically, you're a fairly average average metabloic rate sedentary male:

2000 cal/d metabolic rate
+
3500 calories/d storage (fat)
=
5500 cals/d consumed

Aerobic Exercise will increase the metabolic rate: Anaerobic will increase cals stored as muscle (instead of fat).

Being a 200 lb male makes losing fat much easier than being a 150 lb female. Males have more muscle, and the extra weight burns more calories moving around.

However at some point the extra weight cannot be easily moved: While a 400 lb male will burn twice the calories walking a mile, if he survives the cardio stress, he'll probably destroy his feet, his knees, and his hips, . The answer for him is to go slowly, and walk 1/4mile a day for 4 days.

Slowly walking uphill burns the most calories while placing the least stress on the bodies support structure. Incline treadmills with TV's in front of them are great.

New Topics

Forum List

Back