How many people should we let into this country?

That’s great, I didn’t say a word about doing things illegally or immigrants not working. You’re injecting that into the conversation. My point was simple... the state of our economy is rip for growth and bringing in immigrants

It is now, but this gravy train won't last forever. We will eventually have native born Americans out of work looking for jobs; jobs that immigrants may be holding on to. What do we do with all those foreigners then?

And as we have seen over the last 50 years, a flooded labor market keeps wages down, even in a relatively good economy.

The left doesn't like pragmatic solutions. They complain about wages being too low all the time, and insist the solution is to increase the minimum wage. We are talking about a group of people who believe the key to creating new jobs is to tax the job creators even more.
I’m one of those leftards y’all whine about and I don’t think taxation or a higher minimum wage is the answer.... well I wouldn’t mind a mandatory minimum wage for large corporations but for small businesses no way. Regardless wealth inequality and wages being too low are legit issues that should be recognized discussed and solutions proposed.

What would make you think there shouldn’t be an enormous income / wealth gap within such a ‘diverse’ society? A huge percentage of our population lack iQ, have no communication skills and can’t speak the native language...to name a few challenges.
If your people are so concerned by this income / wealth gap why do they continue to stack the underclass at the staggering rate they do?
There is going to be a wealth gap in any society for the reasons you mentioned. The question is whether or not the flow is manageable and at healthy levels. I would argue that it is stable at the moment but moving towards very rocky waters once automation really sets in.

25,000 car mechanics
25,000 electrical engineers
25,000 teachers
25,000 pharmacists
00,000 need government services immediately

Forum List

Back