How Many People Know About the Obamacare Tax Hikes that Take Effect in January?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mikegriffith1, Nov 9, 2012.

1. mikegriffith1

mikegriffith1 Mike Griffith

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,878
    How many people in this forum are aware of the huge Obamacare tax hikes that are scheduled to take effect in January? Now that Obama has been reelected, those tax hikes will almost certainly go into effect. Those new taxes will total at least $200 billion, and they will impact over 50% of small business income.

How many people know that one of those taxes is an increase in the threshhold (or deductible) for claiming medical expenses on your tax return? Right now you can deduct all personal medical expenses that exceed 7.5% of your adjusted gross income. Well, in January that deductible goes up to 10%. IOW, starting in January you won't be able to deduct medical expenses if they don't exceed 10% of your adjusted gross income.

Other Obamacare tax hikes that take effect in January include the following:

* $123 billion in the form of a new tax on investment income.

* $86 billion increase in the Medicare payroll tax.

* $20 billion tax increase on medical device manufacturers.

* Elimination of the tax deduction for employer-provided retirement prescription drug coverage in coordination with Medicare Part D. "Surely this can't be!," you say. Well, check the bill--it's right there in black and white. You see, Obama doesn't like Medicare Part D, even though it's been a success, and even though it's come in under budget. Why? Because it's marked based and it allows beneficiaries to choose from private plans.

Americans for Tax Reform: Full List of Obama Tax Hikes

See also:

Obamacare's 18 New Tax Hikes

Here Are The New Taxes You Will Pay for Obamacare

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. Leweman

Leweman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +737
    duuuude that shit is awesome for the economy AND healthcare costs. You dumbass ... you are so dumb. Did you go to private school or get home schooled dummy?

3. mikegriffith1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,878
    Please explain how raising the deductible for claiming medical costs to 10% of AGI will help anyone, much less how it will help reduce healthcare costs.

Please explain how raising taxes on over 50% of small business income will help anyone, much less how it will help reduce healthcare costs.

Please explain how imposing new taxes on investment income is going to help reduce healthcare costs or how such new taxes will help anyone except the government.

And by all means explain how ending the deduction for employer-provided prescription drug plans for Medicare Part D will help anyone, much less how it will help lower healthcare costs.

I wonder if you even read the entire post, much less bothered to read the linked research.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  4. jwoodie

jwoodie Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,904
    The answer to the OP's question is: Not Leweman and the other bottom half of the gene pool.

5. Lovebears65

Lovebears65 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,034
    The people who voted for him doesnt give a shit as long as they get their food stamps and free cell phones..

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. emilynghiem

emilynghiem Constitutionalist Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,268
    Dear Mike:
    1. Can we still lobby the Congress to pass an amendment making this bill optional to "opt in" so it is constitutional?
    2. Can we start printing our own currency and pay the govt that way:
    Ithaca Hours - Local Currency - Ithaca, New York or http://www.ithacahours.com
    3. Can we lobby the govt to pay us back for disputed contract dealings from the War in Iraq or the bailouts of big corporations, and use that money to pay these costs?
    4. Or what if I ask the President for an executive order to build a prison big enough for me and anyone else who plans to protest this bill as unlawful and refuse to pay the govt?
    I would be glad to offer to pay the costs of anyone else's fines since I believe this is unconstitutional to impose, and the victims of govt abuse should not have to pay the cost while it is being disputed. And I still dispute it, by my religious beliefs in the Constitution.

Mike is it true that Justice Roberts altered the bill to make the mandate into a "tax" and that this is outside judicial procedures? Can a lawyer strike down the court's approval on the grounds they did not approve the bill that was actually passed through Congress?

Do you know any federal or religious lawyer willing to argue for my right to not only challenge this law but petition for enough resources to pay the fines for all other conscientious objectors who otherwise refuse, until the law is changed to be constitutional.

7. Leweman

Leweman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +737
    It's called sarcasm ... harder to detect in message boards I suppose. Thought I laid it on pretty thick but I guess as dumb as some dems are they would really say that and believe it. My bad.

8. mikegriffith1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,878
    Obamacare could be repealed, but that would take a super majority in the Senate because the Democrats would fight tooth and nail to keep it from being repealed--unless, of course, Obamacare proves to be so unpopular and unsuccessful that there is widespread public demand for its repeal. However, even then Senate Democrats might try to keep it from being repealed.

9. mikegriffith1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,878
    I did wonder if you were kidding. But I'm new here and don't know everyone. So I assumed you were being serious.

10. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,385
    Hmmm . . . want to use objective, sensible sources?