How many people here predicted a McCain/Palin win?

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Aug 6, 2012
Currently stationed at the kitchen table
I'm honesty not sure why so many on both the left and the right are predicting a landslide victory for their candidate, since none of the polls show any real lead by either candidate.

So, I was just wondering if this is standard bluster(same thing happened in 08) or people honestly think there will be a huge victory for their man.

"I said Palin/McCain would have won"

What a courageous admission. Really, hats off for being honest and self effacing.

I'll admit I preferred Obama as a person, but realized that, being a Democrat, no change could be expected.

For once at least, I was correct.

Last edited:
"I said Palin/McCain would have won"

What a courageous admission. Really, hats off for being honest and self effacing.

I'll admit I preferred Obama as a person, but realized that, being a Democrat, no change could be expected.

For once at least, I was correct.

Did you know I posted 4 years ago? I DESPISED Juan McCain! He was a bigger scumbag that Dubya. I was hoping McCain would drop out prior to the election. He was the perfect Candidate the Democrats could run against Obama

I'm honesty not sure why so many on both the left and the right are predicting a landslide victory for their candidate, since none of the polls show any real lead by either candidate.

So, I was just wondering if this is standard bluster(same thing happened in 08) or people honestly think there will be a huge victory for their man.

You are on it.
Most of the ones now predicting a Romney/Ryan win predicted a McCain/Pallin win.

I thought the election would be close, with McCain winning by a few electoral votes.

I could not imagine that this country would elect a man with no experience, no resume, and no clue. He was so full of shit- "Hope and Change"?? It was a mantra for the moronic. It was preposterous that such a nincompoop could ever be elected to the highest office in the land....I was wrong.

So, here we are 3.5 year later and my worst fears are realized: We have a massive national debt that's grown by 50% in 3 short years, permanently high unemployment (the new normal under Obama), 100 million on welfare or food stamps, and a new massive heath care entitlement to boot....it's been an amazing few years.

Bottom line - Obama is a clueless dilettante that is WAY over his head.....He has delusions of grandeur and massively inflated sense of his own worth.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pZSvq9bto]Obama speech oceans receding, planet healing - YouTube[/ame]

We have a chance to staunch the bleeding in November.....I hope you idiots make the right decision this time...:lol:

I liked McCain, and would have voted for him had he picked a better running mate and run a half way decent campagin. This go around, I'm voting Johnson. I don't know what prompted the GOP to pick Romney but I'd rather 4 years of Obama than 8 of Romney.

However, my prediction for this election is, unless something major happens, it could go either way, with the victor barely squeaking by.

Nope. I didn't care if Obama or McCain won. My father voted for McCain my mother voted for Barr I voted for Baldwin. I just enjoyed Palin she was a hotty...still is.

I just enjoyed Palin she was a hotty...still is.

palin-bikini.jpg

Dayum.

The deranged left actually belief the crap they spew. It fits right in with 4 years of claiming anyone opposed to Obama is a racist. Just check out the Senate, Reid refuses to even bring House Bills to the floor for a vote and then claims it is all the Republicans fault, The Farm bill is the most current example. The Budger would be another, something like 14 Budget bills were passed by the House and Reid would not even bring them to committee. Yet we are to believe the Republicans are stalling things.

The only poll that counts is election day. However If Obama loses I seriously expect riots because of the crap the democrats have dished. I would not put it past this Administration to secretly hope if they lose for nation wide riots so they can claim Martial law and try to prevent the New Adminstartion from being seated.

I am sure some on the right also believe the current situation is a sure win for Romney. October will be indicitive of the mood but one must be sure to pay attention to who conducted the poll and the people they spoke to. Several main stream Broadcast sources have already done polls that over sampled democrats.

The deranged left actually belief the crap they spew. It fits right in with 4 years of claiming anyone opposed to Obama is a racist. Just check out the Senate, Reid refuses to even bring House Bills to the floor for a vote and then claims it is all the Republicans fault, The Farm bill is the most current example. The Budger would be another, something like 14 Budget bills were passed by the House and Reid would not even bring them to committee. Yet we are to believe the Republicans are stalling things.

The only poll that counts is election day. However If Obama loses I seriously expect riots because of the crap the democrats have dished. I would not put it past this Administration to secretly hope if they lose for nation wide riots so they can claim Martial law and try to prevent the New Adminstartion from being seated.

I am sure some on the right also believe the current situation is a sure win for Romney. October will be indicitive of the mood but one must be sure to pay attention to who conducted the poll and the people they spoke to. Several main stream Broadcast sources have already done polls that over sampled democrats.

I think you need to get out more. See a movie, go to a play... I know boards like these can make it seem like there is a civil war going on, but no one has secret plans to declare martial law. Honest.

Forum List

Back