How many people here belive in prophetic visions

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
I am wondering how many believers here believe in prophetic visions?

Have you ever had any that you know of?

Do you know how to tell if they are real?

Well.......on occasion, I have. When Dallas won the Super Bowl for the second time in a row in the 90's?

I called it the day after the Super Bowl they'd just played, and bet a friend of mine 100 bucks that they would win it all the following year.

Once time, I was talking to my room mate about something I saw on Mythbusters. I then flipped the channel, and the show was on, right where I'd been describing it (it was the one on super fluids and Ninjas).

The TV had been off all morning.

On occasion, I've also seen in my minds eye what was going to happen that day.

Yeah......I believe.

No prophetic visions here, but my weird-shit-o-meter has pegged in the red a few times.

What is a "Weird-o-shit-meter"?

The children and I were on our way into town one day in the old Studabaker with the back seat full stack up to the top edge of the seat of glass pop bottles to cash in. Came up on an intersection in the highway a car pulled out in front of us to turn and three cars in the opposing lane. Hitting 65 Gods only knows how we missed all those cars. Two pop bottles made their way to the front seat, nothing broke.

It was an "Oh shit moment". Is a "weird-shit-o-meter" somewhat the same?

No prophetic visions here, but my weird-shit-o-meter has pegged in the red a few times.

The children and I were on our way into town one day in the old Studabaker with the back seat full stack up to the top edge of the seat of glass pop bottles to cash in. Came up on an intersection in the highway a car pulled out in front of us to turn and three cars in the opposing lane. Hitting 65 Gods only knows how we missed all those cars. Two pop bottles made their way to the front seat, nothing broke.

Yes. 20 years ago I'm driving alone on a narrow road in Carmel. As I'm coming down a very steep hill and approaching an intersection, my cigarette gets knocked out of my hand. I didn't drop it, it was knocked out. I slowed down so I could pick it up, and as I did, a van blew through the intersection, out of control. If I hadn't of "dropped" the smoke, I would have been broadsided by a vehicle going in excess of 60 MPH. That is a weird-shit-o-meter moment. I have more. Sounds as if you do too.

Okay here it goes for one I had in 1998. It was a short and to the point vision.

I was in a large white canvas tent hovering over an object centered on a pedestal. Inside this tent was a Bull made of Gold with the inscription stamped in it in large letters "OMRI" at the base. I felt a fury like nothing I have ever experienced before.

So I searched the Bible to understand what this meant. God was provoked to anger with the children of israel for following Omri.

1 Kings - Chapter 16

OMRI= "pupil of Jehovah"

1) king of the northern kingdom of Israel, successor to king Elah for whom he was the captain of the army; ruled for 12 years and succeeded by his infamous son Ahab

2) one of the sons of Becher the son of Benjamin

3) a descendant of Pharez the son of Judah

4) son of Michael and chief of the tribe of Issachar in the time of David

Yes. 20 years ago I'm driving alone on a narrow road in Carmel. As I'm coming down a very steep hill and approaching an intersection, my cigarette gets knocked out of my hand. I didn't drop it, it was knocked out. I slowed down so I could pick it up, and as I did, a van blew through the intersection, out of control. If I hadn't of "dropped" the smoke, I would have been broadsided by a vehicle going in excess of 60 MPH. That is a weird-shit-o-meter moment. I have more. Sounds as if you do too.
Yup.

You know......over the years, MANY cultures have had people that have had prophetic visions......

There were the Oracles of Delphi, as well as the Prophets of the Bible.

Later on, there was DaVinci and Nostradamus.

Then there are the people of today. We call them "visionaries" now. Martin Luther King Jr. was one. He spoke of a day when there would eventually be a black President.

That day is today. Obama is President.

Another interesting fact.........

Over the years, tribal Shamen have used various substances to "Spirit Walk". Peyote, cannabis, salvia divinorum, as well as syrian rue and mimosa hostilis (I've done some research on the 'net).

One thing was in common with all of them.....they transported the person from one dimension into another, that is to say, they went from this plane of existence (reality) into another (the spiritual realm).

Magic mushrooms are another vehicle for that.

In the 1960's and 70's, another way to sprit walk was discovered. It was LSD, and was discovered by Timothy Leary.

Later, in the 80's, they invented another substance that was designed to help with couples therapy, as a way to get them to connect on an emotional level.

That's how Ecstacy was invented.

Incidentally, there was also another individual (whom most today would consider a pillar of virtue) named Bill Wilson, who was the founder of Alcoholics Anonymous.

When he'd heard of the work done by Timothy Leary? He went over to investigate. By the way, Bill Wilson dropped acid. He was looking to induce a spiritual experience. Read the book "AA Comes of Age" if you don't believe me.

Oh yeah......around that time the government and the CIA were also working with a gateway into the spiritual realm. They gave LSD to test subjects and looked for some kind of result. Remote viewing (surveillance) was one of the things they were working with.

Oh yeah.....you can also do it without using anything.......Buddha taught it, as well as many Zen Masters and Martial Artists utilized it all the time.......

It's meditation.

Now......shifting back in time a bit for a short aside, Moses (you know....the guy that led the People of God from Egypt), when he'd finally gotten them out, was sitting on Sinai with God, and was told that "if it grows out of the ground, you may have it", which means that plants are not drugs.

Incidentally, they're safer than drugs, as they have NATURAL SAFETY VALVES already built in.

Opium however, borders on drug territory.

So, if you're going to try to have a prophetic vision via substances? Use natural ones, they're safer.

Use drugs only under a doctor's supervision.

NEVER do meth, because from what I've seen, it's a direct gateway to Hell and will kill you quick.

By the way, there is also Biblical evidence that God likes us to have a drink every now and again, He just doesn't like it when we get drunk and kill others, because in the Bible it says that "wine was a gift from God to gladden the hearts of men". But, it also warns against being a drunk in the Song of Solomon.

Additionally, it has been said over the years "in Vino Veritas" or, if you don't speak Latin, "in wine there is Truth".

Personally? I think that God would like it if the world would just take moment or two out of every day, and smoke a bowl and drink a glass of wine.

And.......leave Michael Phelps alone. If that stupid fuck called a sheriff over in SC prosecutes the case that he's trying to build? I hope that all sorts of spiritual beings come over and play football with his ass, after they cut off his arms and legs.

Call it Dragon Ball.

I believe in some and have had a few myself. Like this one time, I predicted I was going to gain 10 pounds and I did! Freaked me right out!

There are few human beings on earth that I would give any credence to for their prophetic visions. "When the iron bird flies, Buddhism will travel to the west"

Padmasambhava, Eight Century, A.D.

Last edited:
There are few human beings on earth that I would give any credence to for their prophetic visions. "When the iron bird flies, Buddhism will travel to the west"

Well......we DO have "iron birds", and Buddhism has come to the west.

Well......we DO have "iron birds", and Buddhism has come to the west.

That was an accurate prophecy from the eighth century--long before 'iron birds' were invented.

I am wondering how many believers here believe in prophetic visions?

Have you ever had any that you know of?

Do you know how to tell if they are real?

I used to have dreams when I was in high school and college that would come true. I dreamed my next door neighbor had a baby girl. The next day she told me she was pregnant and sure enough, it turned out to be a baby girl. My friends and I tried out for a play in colllege, I dreamed who got what parts, and I was right. Later, I dreamed I got a speeding ticket. Sure enough, the next day I got my very first and last speeding ticket. You'd have thought I would have paid attention to my own dreams by then.

I've had visions and dreams that were highly significant, but I wouldn't call them prophecy.

C'mon Kit-- Don't be so damn literal. Had steel been invented in the eigth century? I don't think so.

Ms Kaboodle.

Forum List

Back