How many people have to die before the country stops humoring feminists?

It goes without saying that this woman was incapable of controlling this prisoner. Many factors go into the ability to ward off an aggressor. My first observation would be why wasnt the prisoner shackled, and properly positioned .....which would be to be walking a few paces in front of the officer. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Next mental preparedness, always be ready for the unexpected and have some sort of pre-plan in mind to deal with it. Physical preparedness, training and fitness (and size )have alot to do with dealing with an attacker. I trained in self defense and since I am small I was taught to use my size to my advantage....and it has proven to be of benefit, ( I add, this came about with coaching and practice). It appears that a strong big person has a certain advantage, but it comes with a price, they are generally slower and often give away their intent ( to kick, grab, punch ) just in their positioning. My last issue is with the gun.....sorry but you just dont let this happen.......let someone attack you and forceably take your weapon. This officer was grossly unprepared to do the job that she was doing.
Sadly this tragedy might have been avoided, the best we can do is learn from it and in the future avoid these circumstances.

sagegirl said:
It goes without saying that this woman was incapable of controlling this prisoner. Many factors go into the ability to ward off an aggressor. My first observation would be why wasnt the prisoner shackled, and properly positioned .....which would be to be walking a few paces in front of the officer. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Next mental preparedness, always be ready for the unexpected and have some sort of pre-plan in mind to deal with it. Physical preparedness, training and fitness (and size )have alot to do with dealing with an attacker. I trained in self defense and since I am small I was taught to use my size to my advantage....and it has proven to be of benefit, ( I add, this came about with coaching and practice). It appears that a strong big person has a certain advantage, but it comes with a price, they are generally slower and often give away their intent ( to kick, grab, punch ) just in their positioning. My last issue is with the gun.....sorry but you just dont let this happen.......let someone attack you and forceably take your weapon. This officer was grossly unprepared to do the job that she was doing.
Sadly this tragedy might have been avoided, the best we can do is learn from it and in the future avoid these circumstances.

When it comes to cops, bigger is better. It's a psychological factor. At some point the prisoner sized her up and thought, "I could take her" We don't wear martial arts degrees on our lapels.

rtwngAvngr said:
When it comes to cops, bigger is better. It's a psychological factor. At some point the prisoner sized her up and thought, "I could take her" We don't wear martial arts degrees on our lapels.

I have to agree, a big brute can be very intimidating, and little old me, well I dont wear a label on my lapel.

Interesting to ponder the fact that the people who have fought for the 5 ft. tall grandmother to have the right to be put in charge of the former linebacker were the same people who fought for the right of the former linebacker not to be cuffed and/or shackled because it would give "the appearance of guilt."

Hmm....

Forum List

Back