How Many people have a 401k hate Wall Street

You know after years of dealing with Liberals who are not only so under educated, they have no idea how to resolve anything
8357 is trying to start a debate based on events there never took place. The root cause of the housing bubble was a banker giving a loan to a consumer who could not pay for it

NOTHING ELSE
People make there payments this mess never happens
Banks refuse to loan people who could not make these payments, this never happens

MY GOD that is so aggravating

what did wal street do to create the housing bubble?

You're joking, right? Right? Surely you know the part that Wall Street played in creating the housing bubble.

or you don't, in which case you need to do a tad bit of research.

oh lord
Buying bundeled up securities rated Dbl A did what to create the bubble?
?

it created a market for bundled up securities that were improperly rated and profitable in the short term that also expanded borrowing capacity. So as they became more profitable firms began demanding more bundles - and more bundles were produced by giving less worthy loans.

Seriously JRK - this isn't political. It's the most basic possible facts about the financial crisis. If you're really this woefullly uninformed I'd recommend Sorkin's Too Big To Fail or Michael Lewis' The Big Short

. The root cause of the housing bubble was a banker giving a loan to a consumer who could not pay for it

NOTHING ELSE

it must be fun to be this woefully ignorant. Before you start accusing others of being uneducated, put down your tar sands shovel and read a book or go to school.

You're joking, right? Right? Surely you know the part that Wall Street played in creating the housing bubble.

or you don't, in which case you need to do a tad bit of research.

oh lord
?

it created a market for bundled up securities that were improperly rated and profitable in the short term that also expanded borrowing capacity. So as they became more profitable firms began demanding more bundles - and more bundles were produced by giving less worthy loans.

Seriously JRK - this isn't political. It's the most basic possible facts about the financial crisis. If you're really this woefullly uninformed I'd recommend Sorkin's Too Big To Fail or Michael Lewis' The Big Short

I have watched to big to fail
they made it very clear that the idiot that made the bad loan and the idiot who got the bad loan was the root
The financial crises started there, without there, it never happens. S&P rated those bundles based on the market, once the market went up-side down the wheels came off
I seen the bit in which there was "pressure" brought to bear to get more in to big to fail

It started at the consumer level, it died there. You of all people to finally disciss something with me as an adult for a change should also know that wall street got hurt as bad as we did, in fact without Tarp there would be no wall street

Rush L blames the dems with there pressure for equal housing
you blame wall street

stupid asked, stupid gave

The OWS movement was born of the economic crisis caused primarily by greedy institutions which were rescued with tax payer dollars. Suggesting otherwise, blaiming those who simply wanted to own their own home is based on bigotry and ignorance - the twin seeds which sparked the tea party movement.

oh lord
?

I have watched to big to fail
they made it very clear that the idiot that made the bad loan and the idiot who got the bad loan was the root
Book, JRK - BOOK. Wathcing a movie is no way to educate yourself about the details of a financial crisis.

The financial crises started there, without there, it never happens.

The South Sea bubble started with Gold coins from waiting Mexicans! If those dastardly Turks had never introduced tulips to the Dutch, there would have been no bubble! If the internet had never been invented we wouldn't have the tech bubble!

I'm seeing a pattern here...

Speaking of reading, add Kindleberger to your list so the above makes more sense.

The OWS movement was born of the economic crisis caused primarily by greedy institutions which were rescued with tax payer dollars. Suggesting otherwise, blaiming those who simply wanted to own their own home is based on bigotry and ignorance - the twin seeds which sparked the tea party movement.

My god dude there was no winners in this mess unless you shorted the stock market. Have you read any of my thoughts on a living wage on the thread named such?

you have no idea who and what I am and your an idiot to say the things your saying
I want 10 million dollars but I know to get it I have to earn it

. The root cause of the housing bubble was a banker giving a loan to a consumer who could not pay for it

NOTHING ELSE

it must be fun to be this woefully ignorant. Before you start accusing others of being uneducated, put down your tar sands shovel and read a book or go to school.

8537 your trying to re write the events
every-one who touched a sub prime mortage has blame.
Un educated? Ignorant? tar sands shovel?

When you are called out for a response, why is it the liberal instantly makes it personal? We can debate the cause of this from B Frank to J Carter

do you know what the 5 whys is? google it and every-time it will land at the feet of stupid asking and stupid giving

My god dude there was no winners in this mess unless you shorted the stock market.

I'm pretty sure Goldman Sachs would disagree, as would all the people holding the opposite position in many of those credit default swaps.

What is the word shorting a stock mean 8537? why is it they needed a bailout if they did so good?

NOTHING ELSE

8537 your trying to re write the events

No, I'm not. I'm explaining the facts as they are, not as you might want them to be.
every-one who touched a sub prime mortage has blame.

That's nonsense.

Un educated? Ignorant? tar sands shovel?
Yes, uneducated. In an earlier post wrought with errors, you claimed the problem was people like myself are "so under educated."

Then, you go on to demonstrate time and time again that you are the one lacking education.

When you are called out for a response, why is it the liberal instantly makes it personal? We can debate the cause of this from B Frank to J Carter

do you know what the 5 whys is? google it and every-time it will land at the feet of stupid asking and stupid giving[/QUOTE]

My god dude there was no winners in this mess unless you shorted the stock market.

I'm pretty sure Goldman Sachs would disagree, as would all the people holding the opposite position in many of those credit default swaps.

What is the word shorting a stock mean 8537?

I'm not your financial advisor. I understand shorting just fine, thanks.

why is it they needed a bailout if they did so good?

Oh really? really JRK? How much bailout funds did Goldman Sachs get?

You know after years of dealing with Liberals who are not only so under educated, they have no idea how to resolve anything
8357 is trying to start a debate based on events there never took place. The root cause of the housing bubble was a banker giving a loan to a consumer who could not pay for it

NOTHING ELSE
People make there payments this mess never happens
Banks refuse to loan people who could not make these payments, this never happens

MY GOD that is so aggravating

What is aggravating and somewhat humorous is how you simplify your explanation to support your bias. Anyone who has ever purchased property knows the amount of paper generated in the process and a good deal of fraud existed as the housing bubble grew.

Mortgage brokers and bankers motivated by closing the deal provided a rational for unsophisticated borrowers to borrow beyond their means. As housing prices continued to rise the prospective homeowner was convinced this would continue and was advised to "fudge" on their application because of course their income would rise and their equity would continue to rise so that payment due in 5 years was nothing to worry about - they could in a year or two refinance, put in a pool, buy a car and all would be well.

The sales force marketed mortgages and when it came to sign the notary said, "sign here, initial here and here and here". The signing went fast and the figures, the estimates, were provided without explanation for all had been explained by their agent.

Due to Corporate Greed? Please, the main reason for the loss of our Manufacturing base is High Labor costs, and Burdensome Government Regulations, which Force Cooperation's which By Design look to make a Profit, to move over seas.

Yes, those pesky government regulations like worker safety and responsible disposal of waste products sure can be quite burdensome.

Now let's talk about high labor costs. How do you define that? I'm guessing that you believe that we should all be working for third world wages and benefits because that's the only way to compete with them, right?

I'll be waiting for an answer.

legacy cost, see UAW and the 80 billion the tax payer forked over as well as the companies we bought
Its not about the poor

Not allowing companies to drill for level, mine shale/sands on land and forcing that to happen in the middle of the Gulf 5000' below waters surface is safer in which way?

It's time to stop blaming the unions for everything. Union members make up less than 9% of the private sector workforce.
Labor unions in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ok.. So you're protesting. If you're protesting then you must have an idea as to how to right the assumed wrongs. Be specific please.

How would YOU adjust the income equality in the nation.

Exactly what regulations do YOU think need to be enacted in our financial markets?

And how would you force manufacturers to provide jobs for Americans?

Re-posting because I'd really like to hear the answers because no one would be foolish enough to be out protesting without knowing what they want, would they?

force? 9-9-9 and cotporation will beat the door down to do there thing in the USA. Corporations pay no taxes, the consumer does
The reason corporate America go elsewhere is they cannot compete. they have to add enough to there widget to cover that 25% tax rate (avg)

And then after taxes:

Re-posting because I'd really like to hear the answers because no one would be foolish enough to be out protesting without knowing what they want, would they?

force? 9-9-9 and cotporation will beat the door down to do there thing in the USA. Corporations pay no taxes, the consumer does
The reason corporate America go elsewhere is they cannot compete. they have to add enough to there widget to cover that 25% tax rate (avg)

And then after taxes:

Corporate tax is imposed in the United States at the Federal, most state, and some local levels on the income of entities treated for tax purposes as corporations. Federal tax rates on corporate taxable income vary from 15% to 35%. State and local taxes and rules vary by jurisdiction, though many are based on Federal concepts and definitions. Taxable income may differ from book income both as to timing of income and tax deductions and as to what is taxable. Corporations are also subject to a Federal Alternative Minimum Tax and alternative state taxes. Like individuals, corporations must file tax returns every year. They must make quarterly estimated tax payments. Controlled groups of corporations may file a consolidated return.

where you got that info is confusing to me

Corporate tax in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back