How many people do you think will take this pill?

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
I think I'll pass but who knows some people might like the idea and take the pill.

New FDA-approved “trackable” pill transmits information — it will tattle on you if you don’t take your meds
(Natural News) The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently approved a digital pill embedded with a sensor designed to inform physicians whether their patients are taking their medications. The federal approval marks a growing trend towards addressing drug non-adherence among patients, according to a New York Times report.

The pill, called Abilify MyCite, is a modified version of Otsuka Pharmaceutical’s drug Abilify that is used in the treatment of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and depression. It is equipped with a small tracking device developed by Proteus Digital Health. The new tracking pill works by transmitting a message from the sensor to a wearable patch, which then sends data to a mobile app to enable patients to monitor drug ingestion on their smartphone.

Patients who agree to taking the tracking pill can sign consent forms.....more @ link

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-12...tattle-on-you-if-you-dont-take-your-meds.html

I think I'll pass but who knows some people might like the idea and take the pill.

New FDA-approved “trackable” pill transmits information — it will tattle on you if you don’t take your meds
(Natural News) The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently approved a digital pill embedded with a sensor designed to inform physicians whether their patients are taking their medications. The federal approval marks a growing trend towards addressing drug non-adherence among patients, according to a New York Times report.

The pill, called Abilify MyCite, is a modified version of Otsuka Pharmaceutical’s drug Abilify that is used in the treatment of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and depression. It is equipped with a small tracking device developed by Proteus Digital Health. The new tracking pill works by transmitting a message from the sensor to a wearable patch, which then sends data to a mobile app to enable patients to monitor drug ingestion on their smartphone.

Patients who agree to taking the tracking pill can sign consent forms.....more @ link

It's got some uses. Like for mental health cases released from urgent care. But it's SPECIFIC to one drug now. Won't be tracking a lot of meds simultaneously anytime soon with this regime. And I'm thinking it might be easily spoofed by devious patients.

It may just be me, but I don't think this is a very good idea at all... While the original premise may very well be with great intentions, the possibilities of abuse is endless IMO...

It's got some uses. Like for mental health cases released from urgent care. But it's SPECIFIC to one drug now. Won't be tracking a lot of meds simultaneously anytime soon with this regime. And I'm thinking it might be easily spoofed by devious patients.
Mental and devious does seem to go hand in hand.

The homeless problem here is really an issue... Mental health problems are certainly one of the key reasons for the problem... I am just thinking how many rights are going to be abused if the Government starts putting tracking pills in mentally ill patients...

A neighbor and I started counting up all the people around here on mind bending prescriptions a few years back at it was about 8 of every 10 between the people we knew.

The homeless problem here is really an issue... Mental health problems are certainly one of the key reasons for the problem... I am just thinking how many rights are going to be abused if the Government starts putting tracking pills in mentally ill patients...

Not the same as a GPS tracking device. This is more like a pill detector thats looking for the signal from a pill that's it's been consumed. Like a coin counter in a motel soda machine. But every pill has to have a "micro-tag" built into it that uniquely identifies that pill.

Not the same as a GPS tracking device. This is more like a pill detector thats looking for the signal from a pill that's it's been consumed. Like a coin counter in a motel soda machine. But every pill has to have a "micro-tag" built into it that uniquely identifies that pill.

Oh I understand... I still think that it will become an invasion of privacy to someone not capable of taking care of their basic needs... Ok lets say they have the technology to start this tomorrow... How do you (the government) force them to take the pill unless incarceration is an option... Any "micro-tag" I have ever swallowed always constipated me...

Oh I understand... I still think that it will become an invasion of privacy to someone not capable of taking care of their basic needs... Ok lets say they have the technology to start this tomorrow... How do you (the government) force them to take the pill unless incarceration is an option... Any "micro-tag" I have ever swallowed always constipated me...

Actually, the govt doesn't often get in the biz of doctoring. Not directly. And getting patients to take their meds is a medical practice problem, not a govt function. Right now, a doc can call up prescription records at your pharmacy and see GENERALLY whether you are at least RECEIVING the right number of pills/month. But they can't confirm youre taking them.

I see this only valuable for meds where you do not want to start and stop and start again without bad things happening. Meds that have bad withdrawal consequences, or folks that shouldn't be IN PUBLIC if they are not complying with medications..

Forum List

Back