How many people die from guns each day?

Gun murder in America is code for black men murder.

This tiny sliver of the population commits the vast majority of murders in America.

And as you tribalists are quick to remind us, they are nearly exclusively Democrats.

So what are you Liberals going to do to stop black men from murdering people?

Really? How many black people died in Connecticut?

You're a spectacular moron. You know that?

how many are also Gang related?......who are the real gun crazy fucks out there.....

Agreed...partial data is worst then no data at all.

a talk show on the way home on a PBS station had some "experts" talking about gun violence in California.....and this is the only time i have heard someone give a number as to how much would the gun violence go down if you eliminated gang violence....this guy said in this State anyway about 50% and maybe as high as 70% because some of the shootings are "questionable" if they can be considered Gang related.....he said and the others seemed to agree.....without those numbers California would seem to be pretty much a fairly safe place.....but they continue to shoot at each other and hit innocent kids walking home from school......so there you have it....

Yup the left will violate our protected right to own a firearm but never dream of making rights violating laws to bring to heal the gangs.

Really? How many black people died in Connecticut?

You are getting to the chewy center of the real problem.

You, and the media, ignore the national gun slaughter going on by the black men in America, and freak out when some looney white kid kills a number of people in what amounts to be equal to a good nights work in Chicago by blacks.

Where is your consistency?

Where is your outrage?

Show me a link on the racial makeup of gun fatalities please.

Chicago marks 500 homicides

SNIP:

But when Jackson was shot and killed Thursday night, just months after getting out of prison, he also earned the unfortunate distinction of being the 500th homicide victim in Chicago this year, a grim milestone the city reached for the first time in four years.

Chicago marks 500 homicides - Chicago Tribune

32000 and change, I assume that includes cops shooting bad guys?

320 MILLION people in the country. Close to that number of firearms in the Country in civilian hands. Do the math.

.0001 percent of the population was killed by guns. 20000 of those were suicides. a couple thousand were cops or homeowners killing bad guys. Lets say 11000 murders. .000034 of the population is murdered by firearms.

Something like 70 percent of those murdered are black and killed by other blacks.

I notice when you were all weeping about Connecticut none of you could explain why you are not upset about 500 murders in Chicago in the last year. A city and State with some of the most strict gun laws in the Country. Obama has not shed a tear over the murder and mayhem in his own city but he sure cried crocodile tears for those 20 children.

Explain again why 20 white kids are more important then 500 black kids? Explain how denying 320 million US citizens the right to self defense is needed when .000034 of a percent are murdered by firearms.

And I will ask again, someone list the top 5 killers of children.

As to you that claim no attempt is being made to ban all fire arms and that no confiscation is being talked about..... The Governor of New York IS talking about it, as well as the gun grabbing zealots of this Country.

The 2nd Amendment is to ensure the citizenry have the means to resist an oppressive Federal Government. The Courts have ruled that IN ORDER for a weapon to be covered by the 2nd it MUST be in common use by the Military. The Courts have further ruled that an individual has the right to own possess and bear arms irregardless of their membership in an organized militia. Further the definition by law of the Unorganized Militia in this Country is an able bodied man from 18 to 46 able to bear arms.

You want the second changed? Make a new amendment, cause no law you pass will pass muster on the already existing case law in regards the 2nd.

be honest, tell people what you want and see if you can get it past the Congress and then convince a majority in 37 States to agree to it.

I sure hope the last half of your post wasn't directed to me, because I certainly made none of those claims or statements.

I was merely posting some statistics that prove guns are only responsible for a small percentage of deaths, as you eloquently pointed out in the first part of your post.
I'm more concerned about dying in a car accident than getting shot.

It was not directed at you but rather the op and the idiots that buy into the claim we have to ban guns.

Honestly Sarg, I haven't read your stuff for months. But I read this one. How in heavens name did you interpret this as a thread to "ban guns." Do you have a comprehension deficit? The Thread is titled, "How many people die from guns each day/"

Really....

You, and the media, ignore the national gun slaughter going on by the black men in America, and freak out when some looney white kid kills a number of people in what amounts to be equal to a good nights work in Chicago by blacks.

Where is your outrage?

SNIP:

But when Jackson was shot and killed Thursday night, just months after getting out of prison, he also earned the unfortunate distinction of being the 500th homicide victim in Chicago this year, a grim milestone the city reached for the first time in four years.

A city that has the strictest gun control laws on the books in the United States.......and they hit this milestone.

It won't sink in.

That is because deep down, Democrats are cowards.

cue the insensitive racist... 4...3...2...1...

gun murder in america is code for black men murder.

This tiny sliver of the population commits the vast majority of murders in america

paraphrasing: It's the colored that be causin' all this here ruckus...

and as you tribalists are quick to remind us, they are nearly exclusively democrats.

So what are you liberals going to do to stop black men from murdering people?

common sense gun owners and americans would like to prevent you from buying so many guns and either losing them or selling one of them to some guy name spike when you need new tires for your rig.

Common sense gun owners and americans understand that every gun used in a crime was once legal. Well, how did it get into the hands of the criminal or mentally ill person? Why don't the paranoid children sit this one out and let the adults fix the problem.

Common sense gun owners also know that everything you said about the problem being a mostly black is totally racist ignorant bullshit.

Common sense american think you're the problem.

ditto!

Democide is the murder of any person or people by a government, including genocide, politicide, and mass murder. Democide is not necessarily the elimination of entire cultural groups but rather groups within the country that the government feels need to be eradicated for political reasons and due to claimed future threats
Thus, the new world total: old total 1900-1999 = 174,000,000. New World total = 174,000,000 + 38,000,000 (new for China) + 50,000,000 (new for Colonies) = 262,000,000.

So, government has killed 262 million people.

I don't hear any calls to ban government.

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE1.HTM

Where is your outrage?

SNIP:

Aqua.....dam you.....your doing it again....:eusa_angel:

June 18, 2012

Americans have a better chance of being killed in Chicago than U.S. troops do in Afghanistan, figures from the nation’s third-largest city show.

This year 228 Chicago residents have been killed, while the number of U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan during the same period is 144, The Huffington Post reported.

The news comes amidst some bad PR for the Chicago Police Department—this month it assigned 100 officers to the wedding of the daughter of a White House adviser, Valerie Jarrett. The department has been proactive in trying to quell the violence, offering officers overtime pay for working their days off and deploying a large number of officers to high crime areas, like downtown where “mob-style” attack have occurred recently. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/11/chicago-muggings-8-charge_n_1586129.html

Read more at:
More Americans Killed In Chicago Than In Afghanistan

Forum List

Back