How many out there Diagram Sentences for FUN

• Thread starter DawntreaderView
  • Start date
D

DawntreaderView

US Message Board > Private Messages > Re: I'm a diagrammer of Sentences

My vB Home Edit Profile Edit Options Edit Password Edit Buddy List Edit Ignore List Private Messages

Hello,

As my subject line says, I do diagram sentences for fun and have diagrammed every sentence from chapter one from 'A Tale of Two Cities'

The real point of this posting is I have spent hours analyzing 'The First Amendment as a sentence. I have come to several conclusions as the result of diagramming the 'First Amendment.' One is that Congress being the subject of the sentence eliminates any possibility of not understanding the intent of the authors of the amendment. This said as that has been an arguement raised by liberals in this country.

To keep this posting short as it is already getting long in the proverbial tooth is there anyone who would know of a think tank or an association of individuals who have organized for the purpose of arguing the first amendment primarily on the <<LAWS OF GRAMMAR>>?

Look for any help that can be provided,
Patrick

Originally posted by DawntreaderView Hello,

As my subject line says, I do diagram sentences for fun and have diagrammed every sentence from chapter one from 'A Tale of Two Cities'

The real point of this posting is I have spent hours analyzing 'The First Amendment as a sentence. I have come to several conclusions as the result of diagramming the 'First Amendment.' One is that Congress being the subject of the sentence eliminates any possibility of not understanding the intent of the authors of the amendment. This said as that has been an arguement raised by liberals in this country.

To keep this posting short as it is already getting long in the proverbial tooth is there anyone who would know of a think tank or an association of individuals who have organized for the purpose of arguing the first amendment primarily on the <<LAWS OF GRAMMAR>>?

Look for any help that can be provided,
Patrick [/B]

A think tank that is analyzing the 1st amendment, for the purpose of arguement, by diagraming it? No.

No think tanks but some posters on here would be glad to pick it to death with you. My 5th grade teacher made me diagram so damn many sentences that I now have an allergy to it.

Lord above, I know what you mean, Dilloduck. When I think of the tortured hours I spent sifting through convoluted, run-on sentences ( like this one LOL ), I want to tear out my eyeballs!

In retrospect, though, I have to admit that diagramming sentences inspired me to get to the "meat" of a sentence, and maybe that wouldn't be a bad skill for today's young people to learn. " Robin Hood stole from the rich and gave to the poor" becomes, " Robin Hood stole". And a linguistic train wreck like, say, the Second Amendment, becomes, " The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Simplicity and clarity are the mortal enemies of deceivers.

Originally posted by musicman

Simplicity and clarity are the mortal enemies of deceivers. [/B]

Yep. That's why all issues are too complex to be discussed, at least when libs feel cornered and realize they're wrong. At that point, all the sudden everything is up for grabs. Words don't mean things anymore, right and wrong become racist constructs. It's a shame. The devil certainly is alive and well in American liberalism.

Forum List

Back