How many of your natural parents stayed married or together during your chil, or not?

PICK your scenario.

• You had both natural parents together during childhood rearing.

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • You had one natural parent with a step father during most childhood rearing.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • you were reared by a single parent mostly.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • you were raised in an orphanage or by foster parents.

• you had multiple scenarios of rearing, please explain.

• Total voters

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
How many of us here, had both natural parents together at least most of their childhood years?

How many of us were reared by one parent and a step parent?

How many of us were reared by a single parent?

How many in an orphanage?

Multiple scenarios, please explain!

I had both parents till I was 18. The day after I told them what college I decided to go to they told me they were getting a divorce once I left.

1 month into my first semester in Amherst one parent moved several states away and the other sold the house and moved in with their new romantic partner. I was left homeless (i guess i could have lived in their 1 bedroom appartment on the floor for the summers) and paying for school by myself.

But I did it, I worked 30 hours a week and took 5 college classes a semester, graduated in 4 years with a few grand in debt, and now i work all the time. Im out of debt 100% too :D.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :)

Last edited:
My parents stayed together and they fought all the time. Every freaking moment. :lol:

Go figure.

Wow! We really must not be a good example of society then? My parents are still together as well...

but you would think there would be more variety here than us few?

Hopefully more people would answer...

Mom and dad were together, and in love like crazy, until dad died of a heart attack in his sleep.

my parent's are still married, of course they were both married before and have children from previous marriages but I am the only one they have together. I think they will probably stay together until one kills the other. lol

my dad died when i was 20. i was kind of a surrogate dad to the youngest 2 sibs and a pain in the ass to the other 3. my mom never remarried or even dated.

when we'd ask her why she didn't date she'd say "why go out for a burger when you've had filet mignon?"

she was a hot ticket :lol:

my dad died when i was 20. i was kind of a surrogate dad to the youngest 2 sibs and a pain in the ass to the other 3. my mom never remarried or even dated.

when we'd ask her why she didn't date she'd say "why go out for a burger when you've had filet mignon?"

she was a hot ticket :lol:

Your Mom sounds super!

Raised by both parents, still both alive, still married, and paw just turned 82.

I had a wonderful childhood. I think my parents are the best parents in the world. :)

Before meeting, both of my parents had been divorced once.

They were together for about 12 years before divorcing when I was 6.

After that there really wasnt any love lost between the two, but to their credit, they kept my brother and I out of the middle of it. And both were present for the important stuff like wrestling meets and stuff like that.

My mother dated a few times afterwards, but nothing serious.

My father, on the other hand, dated quite a bit up until his death.

Forum List

Back