How Many of You

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Are married/involved?

How did you meet your spouse? Details?

My wife, Mary, and I have been happily married for 6 years, although married for 8 years. :)

I 'met' her (as grown-ups) at my nephew's bday party...My wife is my brother's wife's younger sister.

2 kids - 5.5 year old girl, boy will be 3 in Jan

Here's a wedding Photo:

My status...involved. Will be married on August 6, 2005 to Johney.
HOw we met? We worked together and he slapped me on the ass and told me to move.

Married

10 years this past October 29th. We have a 3 year old girl who will be 4 in 2 weeks and a 9 year old boy.

We knew each other since about 14 or 15,but didn't start going out until we were 19 or 20. Lived in the same town. He actually asked me out at about 15 and I wouldn't think of it(we were still friends). I was in my long haired guys only phase as a teen. Then we were 19 or so we starting hanging out and then going out,then married.

Jessie said:
My status...involved. Will be married on August 6, 2005 to Johney.
HOw we met? We worked together and he slapped me on the ass and told me to move.

Glad to see romance is still alive:)

As for me. Single. No girls like me.

I do actually have a date next week though so who knows.

-=d=- said:
Are married/involved?

How did you meet your spouse? Details?

My wife, Mary, and I have been happily married for 6 years, although married for 8 years. :)

I 'met' her (as grown-ups) at my nephew's bday party...My wife is my brother's wife's younger sister.

2 kids - 5.5 year old girl, boy will be 3 in Jan

Here's a wedding Photo:

D..Your wife is beautifull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... now, dating..was engaged, was married..past tense

Bonnie said:
D..Your wife is beautifull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... now, dating..was engaged, was married..past tense

shouldnt have said that bonnie. the monsters are all about to PM you.

Married.

9/1/01--I was writing out thank-you cards when I heard about the WTC attacks.

I was dating his friend sophomore year of undergrad. His friend turned out to be a jerk, and he was there to help pick up the pieces. I thought he was nice, and a good friend, but a dork and annoying. He wouldn't leave me alone, and then my family met him at a New Year's Eve party. They basically told me I was crazy not to date him. So I gave him a chance and voila! We'll be trying to start a family as soon as I have my latest foot surgery in December (pregnancy and anesthesia don't mix!) Wish us luck!

Still married and still enjoying it since 1968....
Met my guy at a be-in (my flower child days) , we moved in together and got married about 2 months later. No kids, by choice.
Heck, We were kids then, 19 years old, and we've had to deal with alot of changes over the years. Some things change and some things dont. After a couple of years of living free and easy we both went back to school, got ourselves jobs , me as an electronics tech and him a licensed aircraft mechanic. We both work at it to keep things interesting and just recently we started riding motorcycles. I thought at this point in time we'd have a comfy motor home to tour in but no, now I ride on the back of a bike. Oh how I long for that VW van. its been fun.

Progress: The girl's not naive, so I'm sure she knows what I'm up to and she hasn't started runnig or shown discomfort, so I guess that's a good sign.
Next Step: See if she'll take a break from studying (schooloholic) some night to take a calming walk around campus...:)

Met my husband in Law class in High School in 91. Been together almost 14 yrs. Been married for 7 yrs., 2 kids, boy 8yrs and girl just turned 3 last week.

clumzgirl said:
Married.

9/1/01--I was writing out thank-you cards when I heard about the WTC attacks.

I was dating his friend sophomore year of undergrad. His friend turned out to be a jerk, and he was there to help pick up the pieces. I thought he was nice, and a good friend, but a dork and annoying. He wouldn't leave me alone, and then my family met him at a New Year's Eve party. They basically told me I was crazy not to date him. So I gave him a chance and voila! We'll be trying to start a family as soon as I have my latest foot surgery in December (pregnancy and anesthesia don't mix!) Wish us luck!

Best of luck, and that is a great story!! Sometimes those dorks turn out to be a jewel ;)

sagegirl said:
Still married and still enjoying it since 1968....
Met my guy at a be-in (my flower child days) , we moved in together and got married about 2 months later. No kids, by choice.
Heck, We were kids then, 19 years old, and we've had to deal with alot of changes over the years. Some things change and some things dont. After a couple of years of living free and easy we both went back to school, got ourselves jobs , me as an electronics tech and him a licensed aircraft mechanic. We both work at it to keep things interesting and just recently we started riding motorcycles. I thought at this point in time we'd have a comfy motor home to tour in but no, now I ride on the back of a bike. Oh how I long for that VW van. its been fun.
You make a great point about working at it to keep it good!!

dilloduck said:
Single--divorced 5 years ago (whew)---taking care of baggage before I start anything serious again.
Ditto...

Very strange that us old guys are in similar circumstances.

involved for 2 years
i met her at the beach in miami, was getting drunk over my 1st girlfriend breaking up with me, met this girl and we had a lot in common. she's more passionate than i am, and we did pretty good for 2 years despite me being in the navy and she being an FDNY medic
on the skids now though, political/philosophical differences and her family is tripping on her because i don't speak spanish and i'm white.

I could teach you about 4 words in Spanish, but I don't think her family would be impressed. :D

Forum List

Back