How many of you will cheat on your state use taxes this year?

Select which best applies to you

• My state does not impose a use tax

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I will pay the use tax I owe

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I will pay only part of the use tax I owe, because I want more money

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will pay only part of the use tax I owe, because I'm not sure exactly what I owe

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I will not pay any of the use tax

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
What is a use tax?

I pay all the taxes I owe.
I like to stay out of trouble.

It is for purchases of consumer goods for use in your home state that have not already been taxed by your state. So, for instance, if you buy from amazon and its shipped from out of state, you must figure the tax yourself.

22 states have them. There would be a line on the tax form if your state has one.

What is a use tax?

It is for purchases of consumer goods for use in your home state that have not already been taxed by your state. So, for instance, if you buy from amazon and its shipped from out of state, you must figure the tax yourself.

22 states have them. There would be a line on the tax form if your state has one.

We don't have state tax forms.

What is a use tax?

Yes you do. You can find your use tax form right here:
Texas Sales & Use Tax Forms

No, I avoid taxation, not evade it.

There's a difference.

Now, come and get me, you commie fuck. :tongue:

So you won't pay the use tax even if you owe it? Or do you just not buy anything online or through mail order that doesn't ship from your home state?
Fuck off...Come and get me.

So you're not a law abiding citizen.

Its OK if we restrict your gun rights then, right? Since you aren't law abiding.

What is a use tax?

If there is no brick and mortar building that I can get to in my state, yet I HAVE to go to another state (via Amazon) to purchase what I need, why in the heck should I have to pay sales tax on something that I couldn't or didn't buy in my state?
I know you call it a 'use' tax, but it's called sales tax on my invoice.
Also, why should business outside my state be burdened with collecting a sales tax for my state?

True story>> Years ago I purchased something @ Costco in TN and paid 8% sales tax on the item.
After I returned home I found the item was defective and brought it back to my local Costco. Did my local Costco refund me the 8% sales tax?
No.

Yes you do. You can find your use tax form right here:
Texas Sales & Use Tax Forms

Guess I'll have to check it out, when they send it to me.

If there is no brick and mortar building that I can get to in my state, yet I HAVE to go to another state (via Amazon) to purchase what I need, why in the heck should I have to pay sales tax on something that I couldn't or didn't buy in my state?

If the law says you owe it then you owe it.
I call it a "use tax" because that is what it is called.

Also, why should business outside my state be burdened with collecting a sales tax for my state?
They aren't. You're the one burdened with reporting it. Are you paying any attention at all?

What is a use tax?

True story>> Years ago I purchased something @ Costco in TN and paid 8% sales tax on the item.
After I returned home I found the item was defective and brought it back to my local Costco. Did my local Costco refund me the 8% sales tax?
No.
When I worked the return desk at Kmart in my youth, I had that happen once. The person was pissed. I hope you were nicer and realized it was not the cashiers fault. :D

If the law says you owe it then you owe it.

Which didn't answer my question, but OK.

Mebelle said:
OohPoo said:
I call it a "use tax" because that is what it is called.

Look to the bolded.
I already pay it.

MeBelle said:

OohPoo said:
They aren't. You're the one burdened with reporting it. Are you paying any attention at all?

Currently, there are 19 full member states and 3 associate member states that belong to the Streamlined Sales Tax Project (SSTP). The SSTP assists states in collection of sales and use tax by registering merchants who charge out-of-state consumers the appropriate state sales tax and remit the tax to the appropriate state through a certified service provider.

:lol: Am I paying attention? Are you? :lol:

Forum List

Back