How many of you take, or have taken in the past, anti-depressants?

How many of you take anti-depressants?

• I currently take Anti-Depressants

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I used to take Anti-Depressants, however I have ceased intake

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I have never taken Anti-Depressants

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
what are they called and do you have more? :eusa_whistle:

I don't remember, and if I do, they're a couple years old. I hate scripts. I want some creative control over my entertainment. And time constraints. :eusa_eh:

Probably bupropion/chantix

PubMed Health - Bupropion

Whoops. Make that bupropion or verenicline/chantix.

Not ironically, I was completely hammered at a New Year's Party Last Night and saw a chantix commercial and realized I made a mistake.

yep.

"and though she's not really ill, there's a little yellow pill... "

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That makes so much sense. No, of course, Xanax has replaced valium. However, they are both the same type of drug with virtually the same effects. I just think Xanax is a little shorter acting.

then why the benefit to replacing valium with xanax?

It's faster acting and doesn't knock out people for long periods of time, which is the way anxiety should be addressed.

Benzos (when it comes to psych issues) aren't first line treatment for anxiety attacks. SSRIs are used now (which also treat depression) and are made to work continuously (after 2-4 weeks of loading) and benzos are just supposed to be used for acute attacks of anxiety.

Though a lot of people do use benzos as a long term treatment of depression, that's not deemed as ideal by the medical establishment.

Of course, in the end it's between the Doctor and patient.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That makes so much sense. No, of course, Xanax has replaced valium. However, they are both the same type of drug with virtually the same effects. I just think Xanax is a little shorter acting.

then why the benefit to replacing valium with xanax?

It's faster acting and doesn't knock out people for long periods of time, which is the way anxiety should be addressed.

Benzos (when it comes to psych issues) aren't first line treatment for anxiety attacks. SSRIs are used now (which also treat depression) and are made to work continuously (after 2-4 weeks of loading) and benzos are just supposed to be used for acute attacks of anxiety.

Though a lot of people do use benzos as a long term treatment of depression, that's not deemed as ideal by the medical establishment.

Of course, in the end it's between the Doctor and patient.

That makes sense. It's interesting to see how things change over the years. I know that whenever i've seen people on anti-depressants, they seem to do odd things with their mouths. is that the case with the SSRI's?

I used to when I was in high school to treat ADHD (or at least what some quack suspected was ADHD :doubt: ), however after sophomore year of college I ceased intake cold turkey.

What about you?

Yeah, I've been taking them for the past three years, except mine were really for depression. There's no plan to stop them in the near future; in fact, I've been told that I will probably need them for the rest of my life. Things are much better than they were three years ago, but whenever I ask if it would be okay to discontinue, they always tell me that's not a good idea.

This is my medication.

newport_100s_cigarettesfull_taste.jpg

hennessy.343134704_std.jpg

I used to but I'm not sure they are really as necessary as big pharma would like you to believe. They have perculiar side effects. I used to think exercises was the best AD.

Yep.

It's a huge-ass racket.

They prescribed me anti-depressants for BACK PAIN. They'll give 'em to anyone for any reason. Big bucks involved.

And they are fucking with our heads and making us all dopey obedient consumers. Remember "Soma" from Brave New World?

Forum List

Back