How Many Of You Subscribe To and/or Watch HBO?

I used to watch "The Wire", best show on tv at the time. The must have taken it off the air because all the rhetoric on the show started causing the city of Baltimore to have 300 murders a year, a damn shame.........

I used to watch "The Wire", best show on tv at the time. The must have taken it off the air because all the rhetoric on the show started causing the city of Baltimore to have 300 murders a year, a damn shame.........

Actually, part of it was just moving on and another part was the show had low ratings for years surprisingly. I remember actually reading that The Wire was President Obama's favorite show. :lol:

Actually, part of it was just moving on and another part was the show had low ratings for years surprisingly. I remember actually reading that The Wire was President Obama's favorite show. :lol:

Great show, no doubt, i used to chill with Obama and watch it on Sunday nights ........:cool:

Bleh .....

The Wire

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Boardwalk Empire

Entourage

Deadwood

All great shows, Boardwalk Empire is perhaps the best show on television. It's too bad about Deadwood and Rome though. I hope Boardwalk doesn't meet the same fate it did.

Bleh .....

The Wire

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Boardwalk Empire

Entourage

Deadwood

I will always believe that "Oz" was, and always will be HBO's BEST show.

And HBO only produces EXCELLENT shows.

I believe the average 2-bit show on HBO is miles ahead in quality to the best anything on network or cable TV can muster.

It doesn't matter the subject matter, HBO handles it flawlessly.

Did you watch the mini-series...."John Adams?"

That was riveting.

HBO was cool when it was the only game in town.

What's better?

There are lots of choices in cable movie/series channels now.

When I was a kid and we first got cable, my siblings and I were fascinated when an R rated movie came on HBO. They used to show R rated movies only at night. I think that added to the mystique.

It was downhill from there.

Bleh .....

The Wire

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Boardwalk Empire

Entourage

Deadwood

I believe the average 2-bit show on HBO is miles ahead in quality to the best anything on network or cable TV can muster.

That was riveting.

Shit, forgot about Oz.....

That was riveting.

Oz was an excellent show, they're once again showing the series every weekday night one episode at a time I believe. John Adams mini-series was also great. The book that it was based off was really great as well.

Real Time With Bill Maher is always fun to watch. Also enjoyed The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, You Don't Know Jack, Angels in America, Boxing after Dark, Rome, and Tales of the Crypt when they showed it.

Bleh .....

The Wire

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Boardwalk Empire

Entourage

Deadwood

That was riveting.

I saw Adebisi in that new movie with The Rock in it and I screamed...."Adebisiiiiii!"

Everytime I see that actor all I see is "Adebisi."

For those of you confused and don't wish to Google, Adebis is the African Dignitary that Bourne lost his memory for in The Bourne Identity series.

That was riveting.

I saw Adebisi in that new movie with The Rock in it and I screamed...."Adebisiiiiii!"

Everytime I see that actor all I see is "Adebisi."

For those of you confused and don't wish to Google, Adebis is the African Dignitary that Bourne lost his memory for in The Bourne Identity series.

Same here, every movie i see him in, that's what i think of.....:lol:

There are lots of choices in cable movie/series channels now.

When I was a kid and we first got cable, my siblings and I were fascinated when an R rated movie came on HBO. They used to show R rated movies only at night. I think that added to the mystique.

It was downhill from there.

Oh...you're talking about actual movies.

Dude...movies are a dime a dozen...I download movies raw and watch as clear as DVD anytime I'm ready to watch a movie.

I watch HBO for the original programming and for the original programming strictly.

Showtime was the network that started following HBO down that route, with hits like "Weeds" and "Dexter", now the other movie networks are bringing great and unique original shows too.

HBO was the first and remains the best.

I couldn't tell you the last time I actually watched a movie on HBO, but I watch just about all their original programming.

P.S. - Well....let me adjust, I watch ALL of HBO's original movies as well. Last year they did an EXCELLENT job on Dr. Kevorkian starring Al Pacino.

Speaking of which, HBO's FLAWLESS when it comes to casting. I never see it coming, but they always cast the perfect actors for their work.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back