How many of you righties are cancelling your health insurance?

Actually millions of people are going to have to pay for insurance who never had to before. Or they can pay a fine and not have any, either way it's a nice new tax that will mainly affect college age students who never carried that insurance before.

they voted for it

They sure did and if anyone thinks Obamacare is gonna be cheaper and better they are deluded.

Yep, wait till it kicks in and smacks them in the face as to what they voted for...but that was what Obama was counting on, the uninformed

I know that I'll have to change my current high deductible plan with a health savings account attached to something more expensive that covers shit I'll never need like drug counseling.

Right now I pay the first 5000 a year out of pocket and then my insurance kicks in but Bam Bam doesn't like that kind of plan. You see he thinks some medical care like routine physicals should be "free".

Now any idiot knows there is no such thing as "free" but they fail to realize that when it comes to health insurance.

I know that I'll have to change my current high deductible plan with a health savings account attached to something more expensive that covers shit I'll never need like drug counseling.

Right now I pay the first 5000 a year out of pocket and then my insurance kicks in but Bam Bam doesn't like that kind of plan. You see he thinks some medical care like routine physicals should be "free".

Now any idiot knows there is no such thing as "free" but they fail to realize that when it comes to health insurance.

Yup anyone who has HC now whether they buy it or through beni's is going to be paying up the ass to cover those without.

This is gonna hit folks right in the chops.

How many of you righties are cancelling your health insurance?

Just curious. Must be most all of you.

I mean, you're not going to let government force you to do it, right?

That'd be letting Obama and the Dims win if you didn't cancel your health insurance!

The same number that are leaving the country after predicting war, famine, military takeovers, genocide, etc...

Zero

It's absurd that health insurance coverage is in any way tied to employment in the first place.

Nonsense.

It’s a perfectly appropriate form of compensation, along with salary and paid leave.

Nonsense back at ya' . It is an employer's choice to provided anything beyond the government requirements of minimum wage and working conditons and hours when offering a job. Why is the government forcing employers to health insurance and not car insurance, or maybe your cable bill ?? All part of the entitlement and dependency culture so loved by Obama.

It's absurd that health insurance coverage is in any way tied to employment in the first place.

Nonsense.

It’s a perfectly appropriate form of compensation, along with salary and paid leave.

Nonsense back at ya' . It is an employer's choice to provided anything beyond the government requirements of minimum wage and working conditons and hours when offering a job. Why is the government forcing employers to health insurance and not car insurance, or maybe your cable bill ?? All part of the entitlement and dependency culture so loved by Obama.

Yep, providing health insurance is a significant cost and burden for businesses, and the smaller the business the bigger the cost and burden. Just another albatross around the neck of businesses, especially those that are trying to compete globally.

When I started in corporate America, in a union, healthcare was a benefit, an addition to your salary, I made nothing but I had HC. That changed in a number of ways, moving up the food chain and out of the union healthcare continued, but soon grew too costly and corporations created various options. We choose our plan and paid dependent on coverage. Large corporations could pay because of numbers, but HC in America kept increasing. Most people don't work in businesses with volume power or deep pockets so like all things change is due. Let's see how Obamacare works. In a few years it will probably be like social security or medicare, everyone, well not everyone, will have moved on. A little history below.

"The rise of unions in the 1930's and 1940's led to the first great expansion of health care for Americans. But ironically, it did not produce a national plan providing health care to all, like those in virtually all other developed countries. Instead, the special conditions of World War II produced the system of job-based health benefits we know today.

In 1942, the US set up a National War Labor Board. It had the power to set a cap on all wage increases. But it let employers circumvent the cap by offering "fringe benefits" - notably, health insurance. The fringe benefits created a huge tax subsidy; they were treated as tax-deductible expenses for corporations, but not as taxable income for workers." How the American Health Care System Got That Way

"The 1930s saw rising healthcare costs and an increasing number of health insurance plans. At this time, doctors were paid by a system called "fee-for-service." New insurance plans, such as Blue Cross and Blue Shield, allowed its members to pay both the costs of hospitalization and for treatment by physicians. The AHA in the 1930s took an active role in supporting group hospitalization plans. During World War II, a medical plan started by Henry J. Kaiser for his employees featured a pre-paid program that paved the way for Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) 40 years later." http://www.sciencescribe.net/articles/The_Evolution_of_the_U.S._Healthcare_System.pdf

Last edited:
Health insurance should not be tied to a job anyhow. 10 years ago when I was an employee of a large corporation my health insurance cost $260 a month. The company paid 55% & I paid 45%. So I had $117/month taken out of my check. I was way younger back then in my mid 30's. Since I left there I buy my own insurance & am now in my mid 40's & I only pay $79/month. If you are stuck working at a company that has a few sick people, you really get screwed.

The funny thing is now since the ACA law passed I am even getting a premium refund on my $79/month. I sure feel I got screwed years ago by paying such outrageous premiums through my employer. Kind of makes me wonder if the insurance company wasn't kicking money back to my employer somehow. I know they wined & dined the purchasing agent & bought him front row tickets to sporting events & such.

My insurance rates have fallen while everyone else's is rising & I am getting older so you would think it should go the other way. If you are getting insurance at work, your getting screwed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back