How many of you have Family and Friends who...

there a problem with your math too?

that IS still a majority however you wish to define it.

and im all for congress working together..to fix the economy..not my vagina or my marriage.

please DO work together

So what do you want to see "cut"?
How should welfare, food stamps, etc be "reformed"?

i would like to see big pharma reigned in with regards to their costs to medicare/medicade would save lots.

welfare...dunno the answer there except getting them back to work..as it is only 4.1% of the population is on welfare and so far as i know ~20% more than 5+ years..there are some who can and some who wont..it is what it is and those that wont never will and those that want to will when given the opportunity..

kinda same topic but not...welfare >> jobs >> economy.

i would invest in infrastructure/schools et all of that stuff..they will need people..maybe welfare people/military returning could be doing that as well as patrolling boarders.
there used to be some program..putting unemployed to work in our parks and stuf..CCW? maybe..my recall on it is fault. sorry for that.

for sure i would stop all the 'poor shaming' it really is ineffective and isnt helpful to anyone and is very divisive. people usually do not listen to or take advice from anyone who is shaming them..i have yet in my 47 years, to meet anyone who say 'i love being on welfare and getting a handout and feeling like shit cause i cant support myself or my family.' anyone.

and the big 'welfare' generator..lack of birth control..make it free..yes i know i know..but you would rather pay for an implant or a pill or 18 years of care/food/health benfits and housing?

the right doesnt want to pay for birth control for women..liberals don like to pay for bombs and war..we all have to suck on it somehow.

in any case the best approach is a balanced on where all people give and lose something.

So, punish big pharmacies, say things need changed, but don't actually change them, and spend MORE (for schools and CCC programs)?

Wow, were you one of the Obama voters? Don't tell me, let me guess.

can't turn on the news anymore? You know, people who had their hopes and dreams set on Romney. I have close friends and family who were sure he was going to win...and now they are "current events challenged."

Not sure how to handle this and how long this will last. Anyone have any ideas on what can be done?

Easy enough

four more years of Papa Obama
will only show them, they were correct

try to teach them basic manners re: losing graciously and admitting they were wrong..

or give them ice cream :p

"Losing" does not mean that you are "wrong". It means the other team convinced others that they would "benefit" more if they voted for them.

Those that voted for Romney, voted for "freedom" and Constitutional values (the Bill of Rights).

Those that voted for Obama, voted for the gov't to "give" them something (without having any idea how much it will cost them, their neighbors, the children and grandchildred of this country). You voted for the fiscal cliff, let's see if you are so willing to drive over it, Thelma!

Actually it does, at least in this election.

For example, the GOP was wrong to alienate Hispanic voters with republican advocacy of hostile measures against immigrants, the vast majority of whom Latino, and seeking to violate the due process rights of immigrants.

The GOP was wrong to alienate female voters by invoking the notion of ‘legitimate rape,’ enacting ‘personhood’ legislation, and seeking to undermine privacy rights in the context of pregnancy resulting from rape being ‘god’s will.’

The GOP was wrong in its effort to deny same-sex couples their equal protection rights concerning access to marriage law, correctly portraying most republicans and conservatives as enemies of civil liberties and the Bill of Rights.

And the GOP was wrong in its effort to demonize low income Americans, accusing them of being ignorant, selfish, lazy, and voting for ‘free stuff.’ Romney and the republicans were wrong to insult and ignore the 47 percent of Americans who work hard, go to school, and take care of their families the best they can on modest incomes.

So yes, in this case losing indeed means republicans were wrong.

Please show me where the GOP has a platform written to "alienate" women, minorities, and immigrants (legal).

Because a couple of IDIOTS did not engage their brains before they engaged their mouths, and made stupid statements about rape (even though there is nothing in their lives to indicate they support what they said), and the "press" blew it way out of proportion, you are declaring the whole "party" believes that? Is that what you are saying, bigot? "Undermine" privacy rights? The dems want women to have the gov't "pay" for birth control and abortion. Not only will your medical information be available on gov't computers, but you are inviting the gov't into your vagina for medical examines for birth control, or even to murder your baby for you. And you are saying the repubs are "in your vagina"?

When you can show me where homosexual marriage actually benefits society as a whole, I will support it. Until then, every law written on marriage (until very recently) was about what was not permitted for marriage, not what was..... (that is because it has had the same definition for eons (thousands of years).

Illegal immigrants: if the politicians want to allow people to ignore the laws, and break others (identity theft), then all Americans should be able to choose which laws they want to follow (or not). Is that okay with you? "Due process", who is chooosing not to uphold the laws he took an oath to protect? If you really believe that "illegals" should be welcome here, why not ask your "representatives" to open the borders to all? Ignore the laws, and let the invaders come. How many crimes have to be committed by illegal immigrants before you say, okay, there is a problem?

You sound like a muslim saying anything that points out the faults of islam is "attacking" and racist on the whole "poor" argument. What percentage of the population gets gov't checks? If those people are constantly told the rebulicans are "out to get them" and "want to put you back in chains", who do you think they are going to vote for? How do you get their attention? Do you say: all those wonderful people being duped by dems? Do you say: all those that are choosing to work a system over work a job? How do you get their attention? The dems speak to them like they have IQs similar to rocks, yet no critizism for the dems. The dems have increased poverty, food stamps and unemployment. Should we jump up and down and declare a celebration? Should we bs them like Pelosi and tell them that unemployment grows the economy?

Republicans want
freedom and liberty for all (and each person to take the responsibility that goes with it)
system of opportunity for employment (good economy)
rewards for production (you get to keep most of what you earn)
a gov't that enforces the borders
a gov't that applies the laws equally (doesn't count how many of what group did what crimes, if they did the crime, they should do the time)
Competition in education and business (you have free choice in what your career is and where you educate your child) Schools paid for by taxpayers should stick to Reading, 'Rithmatic, and 'wRiting.

Now please explain how that is against women, minorities or homosexuals.

I look forward to 4 more years of "muting" o every time he is shown speaking on TV. I cannot and will not, listen to someone I know is lying, if the message appears to be in the best interest of America.

Translation:

“As a conservative I refuse to listen to anything that might conflict with rightist dogma, including facts and the truth.”

"..... including facts and the truth.", that is not something that Obama is "known" for. His is the most closed Presidency in my lifetime. Reporters ask him questions that he should answer and he ignores them. He acts like a "ruler" and not a "leader".

Can we all agree that the "47%" comment was probably the greatest blunder of Presidential election history? It changed the very face of the race and Romney never recovered...in the days of Information Technology, no one shoudl think they be secretive about anything they say.

That was a very crass and revealing thing for Romney to say. It played right into Obama's hands as he portrayed Willard as an out of touch Billionaire.

Obama gave speeches that the press has possession of, that have STILL not been released. Funny how that works, and the left refuses to see it.

can't turn on the news anymore? You know, people who had their hopes and dreams set on Romney. I have close friends and family who were sure he was going to win...and now they are "current events challenged."

Not sure how to handle this and how long this will last. Anyone have any ideas on what can be done?

LOL, "time heals most wounds." or something to that effect. I have family and friends wh are staunch conservatives and they are still watching the news.

I guess it depends on how much they "hated" Obama. Some will need weeks and maybe months before they can though a news cast about the President. I expect, many that I know will begin smack talking and bashing Obama during the Chirstmas holidays. It will be rather funny to sit there and nod and grin...while all the time laughing histerically on the inside.

I hope when you are counting the number of newly unemployed, you can still "laugh", hysterically on the inside.

I haven't watched tv in 5 Years. It's like putting my head in the trash can nothing but garbage.

I do like shows that are on tv like dr who walking dead homeland Dexter once upon a time American horror story. But I watch them elsewhere. Like Netflix

:)

Can we all agree that the "47%" comment was probably the greatest blunder of Presidential election history? It changed the very face of the race and Romney never recovered...in the days of Information Technology, no one shoudl think they be secretive about anything they say.

That was a very crass and revealing thing for Romney to say. It played right into Obama's hands as he portrayed Willard as an out of touch Billionaire.

Obama gave speeches that the press has possession of, that have STILL not been released. Funny how that works, and the left refuses to see it.

Yep, another brick in the wall. Great scam though, fooling so many for so long. Too bad they can't bend reality though. You reap what you sow. If one's hands are clean, best to just get out of the way.

It is really hard when your mother curses at Obama every time he comes on TV. And when I try to explain that the people on FOX are fabricating the news on O, she cries. It is not worth it, so I just shut up...:eusa_eh:

But you "know" more than her, right? Talk to us in four years after the country is more divided, unemployment is virtually unchanged, poverty and food stamps still rising. Cause I can't see a single lib, saying: gee, these policies really aren't working. Instead, they will be saying: hey, let's go after the rich people some more!

The glass is always half empty if it's for Obama, and half full if it is for the conservative cause. The Good Ship Wingnut sails on unabated by the winds of reality...

Well duh Dante, people support and endorse their own shared political views.

Reality is generally not part of the equation for either side. You know the old, there is your side, my side and then there is the truth.

Shared political views are one thing, ideological purity is quite another. Distinctions with differences matter.

Reality and truth? Why conflate the two? Doing so here only serves to obfuscate the differences between shared political views and ideological purity.

The GOP used to be a Grand Old Party, but at some point some very cynical scumbags came along and hijacked the party. Now a faction of the GOP is all we have left.

Factionalism of this sort is what Madison and others feared so much, not political parties. Factions usually have very narrow interests separate from the broader shared interests of the people as a whole unit. What is good for the faction might nit be good for their city, county, state, or nation, but it sure serves their narrow interests at the expense of most everyone else...think: religious extremism

The muslims are taking over the republican party? Wouldn't that make the libs vote for them, or do they have to boo God and Israel before that will happen?

I'm sorry. I have friends in the real world.

the only place you seem to stay in is your home.

Check how long I've been a member of this board and how many posts I've made. Trust me, I have a life outside this board. I also have friends on this board, mostly in the coffee shop. They are no less dear to me than my friends here. When Ollie went into the hospital I prayed for him. Do you know what that man has done and continues to do for this country?

I am truly proud to call him friend even if I've never met him in person. Same goes for most of the people in the coffee shop. And btw, I don't have to agree with someone's politics to be friends with them. It would be really boring to only have friends who believe as I do.

:lol: methinks the lady dost protest too much :eusa_clap:

Ollie is a hero? :clap2: What does he do for the country? :lol:

you prayed for him? you useless little fuck, who cares about prayers from strangers? :mad:

I have friends who do not agree with me on politics...have all my life. What is so odd is you think that is a sign of a great and open mind? No, it exposes you as a small minded religious bigot. To think what comes natural for most sane, reasonable, rational people, is somehow deserving of praise. The circles you travel in must be very small and closed.

now go pray for yourself you silly little phoney. I've had your number for years, or maybe you forget, eh?
:eusa_shhh:

What a small, no tiny little person you are.

As for staying in my home? I volunteer at the church on Mondays...I volunteer at the theater in the evenings on weekends, and I do volunteer work for the theater during the day, in fact I have to find a minimum of 70 volunteers per week for the plays coming up in December and remember I don't get paid for this. I'm also trying to set it up so that during their dress rehearsal at the theater for Cinderella, they allow the resident of Independent Living Services to watch for free. These are special needs people. I'm also going to try and get a reporter there so that both the theater and Independent Living Services, both non profit organizations get free publicity.

I spent last weekend door to dooring trying to get host families for Japanese students in an American Language immersion program, and that's in addition to the play.

Now if the economy were better I'd probably be out there with a job but since mine went to India, I haven't found another one, though to be honest I haven't been looking very hard until recently. Oh, and I never claimed ONE DAY of unemployment because after I was laid off, I was taking care of my severely autistic son and it would be very difficult to find a job where they would let me leave when Andrew was having a bad day. I don't believe in lying and in order to get unemployment you have to be actively searching for a job.

Now do you want to tell me just what it is I've said that makes you think I'm ignorant and uniformed? I mean really do I have to know what Justin Bierbeir is up to? Do I really care what Tom Cruise did? And that's pretty much what today's news is about.

I have about 1/3 the rep as some people who came here the same time I did, but I also have about 1/3 the posts. Apparently, I don't spend all day, everyday on this board and do have a life outside of it.

I have better things to do with my time than defend myself to you., though why I would want to I can't even fathom, I don't even know why you attacked. At first I thought it was a joke but no, you actually attacked. What did you hope to accomplish? Did you think you would hurt my feelings? Instead all you've done is shown that you can't debate without insults and you have the nerve to call me ignorant.

You love to mention how you don't get paid for volunteering. So you're running for Sainthood?

Shit, I met people like you while volunteering. You're an insufferable pest, but most organizations take what they can.

that said, there is always the possibility I am very wrong about you and if I am, I apologize...seriously, but...

my bullshit radar is roaring ... I do apologize if I am wrong.

Dante
:cool:
dD

Did, I say tiny, you are bacteria sized.

As for staying in my home? I volunteer at the church on Mondays...I volunteer at the theater in the evenings on weekends, and I do volunteer work for the theater during the day, in fact I have to find a minimum of 70 volunteers per week for the plays coming up in December and remember I don't get paid for this. I'm also trying to set it up so that during their dress rehearsal at the theater for Cinderella, they allow the resident of Independent Living Services to watch for free. These are special needs people. I'm also going to try and get a reporter there so that both the theater and Independent Living Services, both non profit organizations get free publicity.

I spent last weekend door to dooring trying to get host families for Japanese students in an American Language immersion program, and that's in addition to the play.

Now if the economy were better I'd probably be out there with a job but since mine went to India, I haven't found another one, though to be honest I haven't been looking very hard until recently. Oh, and I never claimed ONE DAY of unemployment because after I was laid off, I was taking care of my severely autistic son and it would be very difficult to find a job where they would let me leave when Andrew was having a bad day. I don't believe in lying and in order to get unemployment you have to be actively searching for a job.

Now do you want to tell me just what it is I've said that makes you think I'm ignorant and uniformed? I mean really do I have to know what Justin Bierbeir is up to? Do I really care what Tom Cruise did? And that's pretty much what today's news is about.

I have about 1/3 the rep as some people who came here the same time I did, but I also have about 1/3 the posts. Apparently, I don't spend all day, everyday on this board and do have a life outside of it.

I have better things to do with my time than defend myself to you., though why I would want to I can't even fathom, I don't even know why you attacked. At first I thought it was a joke but no, you actually attacked. What did you hope to accomplish? Did you think you would hurt my feelings? Instead all you've done is shown that you can't debate without insults and you have the nerve to call me ignorant.

You love to mention how you don't get paid for volunteering. So you're running for Sainthood?

Shit, I met people like you while volunteering. You're an insufferable pest, but most organizations take what they can.

that said, there is always the possibility I am very wrong about you and if I am, I apologize...seriously, but...

my bullshit radar is roaring ... I do apologize if I am wrong.

Dante
:cool:
dD

That has got to be the worst apology in the history of apologies. Most apologies I accept right off but you don't even have the guts to give a REAL apology. I do not accept your apology as it's not sincere. Of course I could be wrong and if I am, then I do accept your apology. :D

Forum List

Back