How many of you are Pro-Death Penalty but Against Abortion?

Is The Death Penalty and Abortion both Killing Someone?

• Yes-you are killing people either way

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • No. *one is a baby in the womb, *the other someone that deserves to die.

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Only abortion is putting someone to death

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Only the death penalty is putting someone to death

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
How can the death penalty be murder?

Well, killing someone, be it legal or not, is murder, isn't it?

Or should I have called it something else?

Maybe I used the wrong wording?

How about "putting to death" someone?

Be it a baby in the womb, or someone that commited a crime.

Is one right, and one wrong? Or both wrong?

No, killing someone is not always murder. If I'm defending my family against a violent intruder and I'm forced to kill him, that's not murder. If I decide to shoot someone on the street because I want their wallet, that's murder. Even the Bible distinguishes between this. In the Commandment "Thou Shalt Not Kill," it really translates to "Thou Shalt Not Murder." And the death penalty is punishment usually for a heinous crime.

Actually - And this assumes you're an Xtian - You're supposed to give the intruder whatever he wants and offer him anything else you have.

Jesus kinda repealed the whole eye-for-an-eye thing.

If they can prove an unborn baby is guilty of a capital offence and they sentence him or her to death I might understand the stupid over done leftie excuse to kill babies.

Aren't they both killing a human?

I'd like your thoughts on this, it's something I've always wondered how people think about the two.

I am pro death penalty and pro life.

One is innocent and one is not.

But my question would be,why are you anti war but pro choice ?

How can the death penalty be murder?

Well, killing someone, be it legal or not, is murder, isn't it?

Or should I have called it something else?

Maybe I used the wrong wording?

How about "putting to death" someone?

Be it a baby in the womb, or someone that commited a crime.

Is one right, and one wrong? Or both wrong?

thanks, I changed my wording on the OP.

I think the wording makes it difficult to answer. Both are taking a life. However one is a penalty for a crime commited and the other is taking a life of someone who has commited no offense. If we are using the term murder, I believe abortion is murder, but I don't beleive the death penalty is murder. Nor would be killing an enemy in war murder. executing civilians as intimidation is murder.

How often does that happen? If it is more than 1% of all executions ever done, I'd be shocked.
So when it comes to justice, life and death, you're willing to overlook a statistical flaw even if it means the loss of an innocent life?

But millions of babies who commited no crimes are executed evey year and no one blinks an eye.

That's because a large percentage of these innocent babies are black. Organizations like Planned Parenthood keep the black population in check. And nobody cares about black babies, especially since Hispanics have taken over as the leading minority in the United States.

How often does that happen? If it is more than 1% of all executions ever done, I'd be shocked.
So when it comes to justice, life and death, you're willing to overlook a statistical flaw even if it means the loss of an innocent life?

But millions of babies who commited no crimes are executed evey year and no one blinks an eye.
Silly rabbit! Babbys don't vote so leftists don't care! Criminals can (in no-ID states) still vote for them.

I am neither pro death penalty nor pro abortion. I am fully against both.

However, I am pro choice. Every person must choose their own path in life and stand before God at the end of it all. I am not their judge. I do not have the ability to read into the hearts of other people.

Exactly.

I feel the same way. Just wondered if those others who are against abortion are also against taking another human's life. I guess the Bible "An eye for an eye" would justify that, but I wonder how many on here could pull the plug, or give the shot, or whatever it is they do when they kill someone in jail.

I also agree with making the prisons less comfortable, and making those criminals that do awful things live in their own hell here on earth. Make them suffer like they made the families they did things to suffer.
Where do you get the idea that prisons are comfortable?

Ever been in a federal penitentiary?

All the comforts of home. Including conjugal visits, buffet meals where you can choose from five or six different types of protein, nine kinds of vegetables, cable TV, internet access, laundry done for you...etc.

Carrying out the death penalty is not murder. If it were, the people who caused the execution would be by definition guilty of a crime and clearly that is not the case. It's society's final comment on their life after whatever atrocity they are guilty of.

Abortion is not killing a human at least not at conception, but at some point after that it becomes killing of an innocent person and is tantamount to murder. Definately once the fetus is viable outside the womb it should be considered murder and their should be laws protecting the baby.

Any doctor who performs a third trimster abortion should be given the death penalty.

Death penalty: Killing people to teach them that killing is wrong.

Death penalty: Killing people who commit the capital crime of murder. I fixed it for you. And for those that say it is not a deterrent, the guilty party is guaranteed never to commit the crime again. I would say they have been deterred.

Death penalty: Killing people to teach them that killing is wrong.

Death penalty: Killing people who commit the capital crime of murder. I fixed it for you. And for those that say it is not a deterrent, the guilty party is guaranteed never to commit the crime again. I would say they have been deterred.
Too few people know there is a difference between justifiable killing and murder.

Forum List

Back