How many of you are over 30

I have a sense of humor and then some...but what I said still stands. Watch a round table discussion with republicans or better yet conservatives and dyed in the wool libs...see who goes off the deep end.

I have a sense of humor and then some...but what I said still stands. Watch a round table discussion with republicans or better yet conservatives and dyed in the wool libs...see who goes off the deep end.

Kind of like this right winger going "off?"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWtfbISKd8U[/ame]

Last edited:
Kind of like this right winger going "off?"

YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Meltdown .

Er..I don't see how O'Reilly (who is independent and a journalist besides) getting pissed off at his producers over telepromter screw ups is in any way indicative of a conservative losing his cool during a debate with liberals. But it was fun to watch, lol.

That's how journalists get to the top. Perfectionism. They expect it of themselves, and of their crews.

I was 10 during the Cuban missle crisis. After being made acutely aware that I could be here one minute and gone the next without even having a prayer to defend myself, I got pissed. I turned 18 while the draft was still in full swing for Viet Nam and got pissed. Let some of those damn nukes fly and quit pussy-footing around with ground troops. Screw MAD.

Not to let midcan be the only one with cute tirade, you must be one of those dope smokin', avatar readin', living in a commune, unwashed hippy Marxists!

LOL....43

I was 10 during the Cuban missle crisis. After being made acutely aware that I could be here one minute and gone the next without even having a prayer to defend myself, I got pissed. I turned 18 while the draft was still in full swing for Viet Nam and got pissed. Let some of those damn nukes fly and quit pussy-footing around with ground troops. Screw MAD.

You weren't old enough to really understand what was happening during the Cuban missile crisis at 10. I was a little older and well remember being told by my high school teacher (along with other classmates) that should the pa system emit certain noises that wherever we were we should calmly collect our belongings and immediately go home.

As for screwing MAD - it was probably what stopped a nuclear conflagration.

Didn't you just describe conservative talk radio?

:razz:

Absolutely not. People wouldn't listen to it (as they don't listen to Air America) if it was that way.

Libs get pissed off because the truth gets spoken on conservative talk radio. They don't have a truthful medium, and it makes them gnash their teeth, and accuse everyone else of the vitriol they suffer from.

Absolutely not. People wouldn't listen to it (as they don't listen to Air America) if it was that way.

Libs get pissed off because the truth gets spoken on conservative talk radio. They don't have a truthful medium, and it makes them gnash their teeth, and accuse everyone else of the vitriol they suffer from.

Where do you get your crack? I need a new dealer and you must be on some dank rocks if you think conservative radio/media isn't angry. Rush, Savage, Hannity, Coulter, Oreilly all base their shows off of getting angry about issues and sucking off issues they agree on. No different than liberal media figures like Michael Moore.

You joined in June (last month), and you think you know more about board demographics. There have been several discussions about the conservative nature of the board. Use the search engine to find them.

Disengenuous. The board WAS conservative. I agree with that. Now, I get liberals bitching it's conservative and conservatives bitching it's liberal.

Just about right where it needs to be.

You are probably right. Listening to talk radio you can tell that most of the liberal callers are young kids straight out of the college. Because when the talk show host asks them a question to explain their position they really struggle. They only know what they are taught in school and when they hear something different they don't know what to think.

When I was in college I was just like them thinking oh hope and change can fix the country... However now that I've been in the real world for 10 years now I understand that you have to work hard for what you want.

That's because only the young are foolish enough to think they are going to change any minds....older, more informed listeners? Well, they pick better programming for starters (the grown men who listen to these pariahs are NOT fully mentally formed)...and beyond that, we just know better than to try to talk with the likes of the radio idiots.

No, the moral force of the Left seems to have died with MLK, so far as I can tell. Until we have leaders willing to die to carve out the corrupt, we go nowhere but down. And in these times, that means attacking from a position neither of the left or the right (the right is just better at playing "Attack mode" all the time, since their cretins and all).

(oh ya - I'm 35)

You weren't old enough to really understand what was happening during the Cuban missile crisis at 10. I was a little older and well remember being told by my high school teacher (along with other classmates) that should the pa system emit certain noises that wherever we were we should calmly collect our belongings and immediately go home.

As for screwing MAD - it was probably what stopped a nuclear conflagration.

Bullshit---I knew full well at the age of 10 what ICBMs could do. I knew how we were supposed to hide under our desks. I knew where the public "bomb shelters" were. I knew the test sirens went off the first Wednesday of every month. I saw neighbors building bomb shelters in their backyards and supplying them. I watched the news at school all day to see if anyone had hit the button yet. AND I'M STILL ROYALLY PISSED THAT WE HAD TO GO THROUGH IT.
What a bunch of bullshit false sense of security MAD gives people. Denial is all that's keeping people from being scared shitless.

Forum List

Back