How many of you are over 30

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
I get the impression from this board, that most of it's users are very liberal and young. I am betting most of you did not live through any of the cold war, and have little understanding of what Far Left government has always lead to.

Please let me know how old you are so I can get a handle on this.

Last edited:
I get the impression from this board, that most of it's users are very liberal and young. I am betting most of you did not live through any of the cold war, and have little understanding of what Far Left government has always lead to.

young people dont know how to study history

Old enough to remember hiding under my school desk for A-Bomb air raid alerts.

And FWIW, I was (philosophically speaking) ) an objectivist libertarian before anyone had coined to word to describe that particular world view, too.

But then I grew up and realized what childish nonsense such a goofy and unworkable economic system as Ayn advocated really was.

I'm old enough to have been in fist fight because I advocated voting for Catholic, too.

Times chnage, eh?

Human nature doesn't however.

History is often skewed by the teacher!

true. and peoples view of world events is skewed by how they were covered at the time. simply living through an event doesnt mean you fully understand it. you know what the news outlets told you, which makes it skewed.

by the way, im 23, and am far from being 'very liberal.' i stand left on some issues, right on others, and disagree with both parties on some

true. and peoples view of world events is skewed by how they were covered at the time. simply living through an event doesnt mean you fully understand it. you know what the news outlets told you, which makes it skewed.

by the way, im 23, and am far from being 'very liberal.' i stand left on some issues, right on others, and disagree with both parties on some

It is good to hear, you are both left and right, However I believe you are the exception to the rule not the norm.

You are probably right. Listening to talk radio you can tell that most of the liberal callers are young kids straight out of the college. Because when the talk show host asks them a question to explain their position they really struggle. They only know what they are taught in school and when they hear something different they don't know what to think.

When I was in college I was just like them thinking oh hope and change can fix the country... However now that I've been in the real world for 10 years now I understand that you have to work hard for what you want.

You are probably right. Listening to talk radio you can tell that most of the liberal callers are young kids straight out of the college. Because when the talk show host asks them a question to explain their position they really struggle. They only know what they are taught in school and when they hear something different they don't know what to think.

When I was in college I was just like them thinking oh hope and change can fix the country... However now that I've been in the real world for 10 years now I understand that you have to work hard for what you want.

there are people who cant defend their views on both sides of the political spectrum. and i dislike them all

I get the impression from this board, that most of it's users are very liberal and young.QUOTE]

Could you be any more wrong? How in the hell did you come to the conclusion? I guess you just ignored half of the posts that smear obama.

Let me guess mid twenties? or even younger?

You do know you can "smear" obama and still be liberal right.

I am 47 and a liberal, raised in a republican household. I know what the republicans have done to us the last 8 years,,,,,think I'll stay a lib.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" Satchel Paige

Way past thirty but still too young and happy to be a conservative stick in the mud cheap labor social Darwinist trickle down greedy free market utopian always complaining koolaid drinking moonie conservative wingnut who learns the slogans from the newsmax freerepublic townhall real clear politics human events teleprompter planted in their brain.

Liberals always get nastier, more entrenched in their narrow mindedness, and angrier the older they get.

Forum List

Back