How Many Native Americans Here?

DriftingSand

Cast Iron Member
Feb 16, 2014
State of Disgust!
My earliest known ancestor to have walked on early American ground was brought here as a slave from Europe in the mid-1600s. He was likely one of the very first slaves recorded in early American history. Considering the fact that my family as lived and thrived in America since the mid-1600s (more than 400 years) and since I was born in the USA and native to this land that makes me a Native American. Anyone else here a Native American?

Using your definition of a native American, logically it would mean most Americans are native Americans.

The term 'history' is awfully vague...

Technically, 10 minutes ago is 'history.'

I defined the term "history" in the OP. At least as it relates to myself and my family. In my case, "history" is the more than 400 years that my family have inhabited the North American continent and specifically the region known today as the USA. My earliest American ancestor was a slave in the are known today as Pennsylvania.

Using your definition of a native American, logically it would mean most Americans are native Americans.

Any and all who were born here and have history here are.

I am okay with your definition, but you know full well it will not fly.

IMHO it will not fly because the power elite have a vested interest in dividing Americans ethnically, racially, and by gender and class.

Just as most of us have Black blood, most also have Native American blood.

My own family tree includes the Quapaw tribe.

The term 'history' is awfully vague...

Technically, 10 minutes ago is 'history.'

I defined the term "history" in the OP. At least as it relates to myself and my family. In my case, "history" is the more than 400 years that my family have inhabited the North American continent and specifically the region known today as the USA. My earliest American ancestor was a slave in the are known today as Pennsylvania.
As it related to YOU.

To be honest, history here is meaningless to me as far as being an American. If you are here and believe in this nation you are an American. If you were born here you are a 'native American' in the sense that you were talking about. I don't really see the difference if your family has been here 400 years, 200 years (I think this is where my family is) or 10 years. I also don't really think that being a native here is meaningful in any real sense as it is the immigrants (legal) that tend to be far more 'American' because they fought to get here - for that ideal. Most Americans take what we have and are for granted.

Forum List

Back