How many nations OFFER BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP?

So much for the phony claim that CON$ are strict Constitutionalists.

There is the belief that the constitution has been interpreted wrong, and I agree. It simple makes no sense to run over the boarder while being a citizen of another country and then pop a kid out that is now America, none.

I'd like to add that it's funny how the current way the constitution is being looked at on the issue of Illegal immigration just happens to cause a massive problem, and yet the fix is simple but people will fight to keep things falling apart.

Last edited:
Let's hear the brilliant answer to these questions then:

If the 14th Amendment is altered and people no longer become citizens by virtue of an American birth, then how the fuck do they become US citizens?

If a person is born here and denied US citizenship, and cannot qualify for citizenship in another nation, what then? Are they to be some sort of legalized gypsy?

If the 14th Amendment is altered and people no longer become citizens by virtue of an American birth, then how the fuck do they become US citizens?

If a person is born here and denied US citizenship, and cannot qualify for citizenship in another nation, what then? Are they to be some sort of legalized gypsy?

The 14th doesn't need to be altered at THIS point. It merely needs to be clarified. IF SCOTUS rules that the children of illegal aliens are indeed covered, then we can have a debate. Why are you so scared of having that debate? How do they become citizens? The same way millions have became citizens.

How to become a U.S. citizen

Why would a person born here of parents who are here illegally not qualify for citizenship in their own country? and frankly, who cares? They're parents should consider that before leaving their own country to have a baby here. Eliminate the anchor baby clause and you eliminate their incentive for coming here to have babies and those babies would be born in their own country and thus be citizens.

By the way, if you want to make an argument that perhaps we should make it easier to become a US citizen, I'll agree with you, but that is not the issue at hand here.

Madeline.. How did they become U.S. citizens BEFORE the 14th amendment?

Mexico claims that babies born of Mexican citizens living in the U.S are Mexican citizens just as the U.S claims that babies born abroad of U.S parents are U.S citizens.

Madeline.. How did they become U.S. citizens BEFORE the 14th amendment?
By being a white male property owner. But there was nothing in the constitution about citizenship until the 14th.

Still no reply: if not by birth, how would we determine which babies born in the US are citizens?

Stop being dishonest. You know exactly how, Babies born from atleast one legal US citizen are citizens, anyone else, too bad. SIMPLE.

Sorry bout that,

Psst The COTUS can be amended, so asking for it to be amended IS being a constitutionalists , moron.

Now if someone out there is saying let's change the COTUS AND strip anyone who made a citizen under the anchor baby rule of their citizenship then they are as foolish as you. I just don't see many, if any, advocating that.

1. I am.
2. Way back to 1960.
3. And anyone born to them as well.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Psst The COTUS can be amended, so asking for it to be amended IS being a constitutionalists , moron.

Now if someone out there is saying let's change the COTUS AND strip anyone who made a citizen under the anchor baby rule of their citizenship then they are as foolish as you. I just don't see many, if any, advocating that.

1. I am.
2. Way back to 1960.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Then , you're a fool. Laws can't be applied retroactively.

I thought we weren't suppose to be like other countries?

We should be like other countries when the Right wish to be like other countries.

We should not be like other countries when the Left wish to be like other countries!

Other countries can go to hell, except when we need to borrow money, buy fuel, and need international support for a war!

Capiche?

Simple.....

All you have to do is change the Constitution

You remember that one don't you? Do only the parts you like apply?

Simple.....

So you contend that there is not a gray area in the 14th as concerns illegals? And further, you contend that the process for changing the COTUS is not a legitimate political maneuver? I'm sure the blacks would argue with you, and in fact be thankful that Amendments are possible. Women to.

Duh! Are we supposed to model this county like other countries around the world? NOT!

The US is different from other countries in that we are a country of immigrants. Was your forefather a citizen or an alien? This is why we have this amendment in the constitution.

We area country of legal immigrants.

Simple.....

So you contend that there is not a gray area in the 14th as concerns illegals? And further, you contend that the process for changing the COTUS is not a legitimate political maneuver? I'm sure the blacks would argue with you, and in fact be thankful that Amendments are possible. Women to.

I think the 14th is quite clear on who is a citizen. It is more clear than the 2nd amendment.

I actually would support changing citizenship rules. But it has to be done the right way and can't apply retroactively

Sorry bout that,

1. I am.
2. Way back to 1960.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

U.S. Constitution: Art. I, Sec. 9 -- "No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed." Art. I, Sec. 10 -- "No State shall...pass any...ex post facto Law..."

Another Constitutional provision has to go, I guess....

The 14th doesn't need to be altered at THIS point. It merely needs to be clarified. IF SCOTUS rules that the children of illegal aliens are indeed covered, then we can have a debate. Why are you so scared of having that debate? How do they become citizens? The same way millions have became citizens.

How to become a U.S. citizen

Why would a person born here of parents who are here illegally not qualify for citizenship in their own country? and frankly, who cares? They're parents should consider that before leaving their own country to have a baby here. Eliminate the anchor baby clause and you eliminate their incentive for coming here to have babies and those babies would be born in their own country and thus be citizens.

By the way, if you want to make an argument that perhaps we should make it easier to become a US citizen, I'll agree with you, but that is not the issue at hand here.
So NOW the "Strict Constitutionalists" suddenly want an "Activist Court." :rofl:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back