How many military folk do we have?

Number of military vets on board?

• Coast Guard -- Active, retired or EAS'd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • National Guard -- Army or Air

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My dad was worse than any Drill Instructor could possibly ever be. Does that count? :D

Yep, I can relate. Boot really wasn't as bad as others thought it was. My Father is a retired Air Force E-9. A Chief in the Air Force, in my opinion, is nothng more than an Army Sergeant Major with an inferiority complex. :lol:

My Stepfather(the man who raised me) left the army as a prior service Captain. He wouldn't have had anything less than an enlistment from me. It was his influence that led me to the Army. I wasn't dissapointed.

GO ARMY! HOOAAAH!

I assume that's the main boneyard, navy? Across the street near East Gate(? Kolb & Escelante), there is (or was) a smaller section where people used to paintball in the old planes.

I blame my entire naval aviation career on a Marine Gunny at OCS/ NAS Pensacola. My first thoughts going to OCS were " wait I thought I was in the Navy!!" When this Gunny walked out and those were the days they could still kick you in the can and peck you on the forehead with those "smokeys" I came to just love, which by the way I still have what i fondly like to call Marine dents there. However, interestingly enough, after a long career of driving A-6's from one end of world the other, I had the chance not to long ago to go down to Davis Monthan AFB where the boneyard is and see a few of the old birds out there. I thought I would insert a pic of an A-6 out in the desert and for an old aviator like me it's sort of hard to see them sitting there like that. However, all of you who ever served and are serving, and your familes, all have my deepest respect and my admiration and thanks for a job well done!!

dm_a6.jpg

Sure, blame the Gunny ...:eusa_eh:

Looking at this poll, the US Naval Service, with one brother Marine from the Royal Marines is kicking some serious ass ...:lol:

As I have said before, If I had a brother in the Navy and a sister in the whore house, I would get the brother out of the Navy first. :lol:

Baltimore Bob is make thread after whiney thread about Vietnam and he was in the Navy as a Draftee? I doubt he was a Corpsman so that leaves what? The boats that Kerry drove? Still a lot better then humping a rifle and a pack.

So EAS = leatherneck for Retired?

Leave it to the Marines to come up with a 3 letter Acrynym for one word. :lol:

I believe it is the acrynym they use for separation prior to retirement. I could be wrong though, I was in the Army. We called it "get the hell out." :lol:

Baltimore Bob is make thread after whiney thread about Vietnam and he was in the Navy as a Draftee? I doubt he was a Corpsman so that leaves what? The boats that Kerry drove? Still a lot better then humping a rifle and a pack.

I have him pegged as a cook on a boat several miles off the coast of Vietnam.

I assume that's the main boneyard, navy? Across the street near East Gate(? Kolb & Escelante), there is (or was) a smaller section where people used to paintball in the old planes.

Thats the main AMARG boneyard, whats interesting JB if you call ahead to the Pima A&S you can take a bus tour through the whole thing. They are a lot more strict with the aircraft after 9-11 than they used to be. Especially since the incidents involving the F-14 and its retirement. What really sruck me there the most, were the several B-1's that are now at AMARG and being stripped for parts.

Terry? Ever see a uniformed Bus Driver? Now compare THAT to your Husband's dress uniform. LOL

Air Force is the best Civilians in the military. A friend of mine had a brother in law that was our rank in the Air Force, we were all on Okinawa together. One day we got to talking and the talk turned to Morning formations. The Air Force guy had no CLUE what a Formation was.

We ask him how he was accounted for for roll call every morning and he replied they did not do roll call and they just looked for him at his desk.

keep in mind Gunny there is a good reason why Big Blue (Air Force) is the service entrusted with the nukes.....:cool:

I'm pretty sure all those nukes on the submarines are in the hands of the navy ;)

I'm not talking about the little firecrackers that we put aboard the subs, I'm talking about the big fun sticks we have planted in the ground.....:cool:

My dad was worse than any Drill Instructor could possibly ever be. Does that count? :D

Um hmm... we'll see if Gunny takes that bait or not... :eusa_whistle:

LOL. There's no bait. It can happen. My father WAS a TI, and he brought it home. One of the first things I realized in boot camp was I'd already lived this nightmare! :lol:

Just wondering though what experience Mani is comparing his father to since as far as I know, Mani has never claimed he served in the US military.

In hindsight, living in housing with other military brats, our father's were cruel and abusive and we (the male military offspring) were recruits and the vast majority of us were aggressive, alpha males as a result.

However, the military by no means has a monopoly on abusive parents. Just a certain type. Men who cannot differentiate between their troops and their children.

Like the double-time cadence says:

"When I was just kid,
I always liked what my daddy did,
Airborne Ranger Infantry,
Went to 'Nam and got a C.I.B., (translation...Combat Infantryman's Badge)
When he came home he was mean as hell,
Used to whip my ass with a pistol belt...."

You're giving him the benefit of way too much doubt. I've called him out for being a REMF and he never denied it. Until he does, he was a REMF in my book (and a whiney one at that).

Forum List

Back