How many military folk do we have?

Number of military vets on board?

• Coast Guard -- Active, retired or EAS'd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • National Guard -- Army or Air

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I know you said just for Terry but since Rod was an AF man when we met I answered the poll.

LMAO well I did a lot for other Military members spouse...tons!

Terry? Ever see a uniformed Bus Driver? Now compare THAT to your Husband's dress uniform. LOL

Air Force is the best Civilians in the military. A friend of mine had a brother in law that was our rank in the Air Force, we were all on Okinawa together. One day we got to talking and the talk turned to Morning formations. The Air Force guy had no CLUE what a Formation was.

We ask him how he was accounted for for roll call every morning and he replied they did not do roll call and they just looked for him at his desk.

Terry? Ever see a uniformed Bus Driver? Now compare THAT to your Husband's dress uniform. LOL

Air Force is the best Civilians in the military. A friend of mine had a brother in law that was our rank in the Air Force, we were all on Okinawa together. One day we got to talking and the talk turned to Morning formations. The Air Force guy had no CLUE what a Formation was.

We ask him how he was accounted for for roll call every morning and he replied they did not do roll call and they just looked for him at his desk.
Well yes I know all the AF jokes and things have changed a lot.

OH yeah (brags a little bit) how many military spouse do you know that got a letter of commendation from a 2 star?

Hey! I voted and left a post on here earlier this morning but all of a sudden it's gone. What's up with that?:confused:

I had one job in the Air Force where I didn't have a roll call, and that was the job they gave me after I was taken off the flight line with pinched nerve problems. All the rest there was a roll call and briefing, and on Fridays it was formation with roll call and a 35-10 inspection. So I wonder what that AF friend of yours did for a job?

As I said in the earlier "pre-public" post, I am a retired Navy CPO (Corpsman) and my wife is a retired Navy Commander (Nurse Corps). Neither of us saw any combat action while active duty but we both once worked on the surgery ward at Bethesda Naval Hospital taking care of MEDIVACS from Viet Nam back in 1969 to 1971. I appreciate and thank all the vets for their service to our country. For those who received some sort of injury associated with their service, I thank you even more sincerely and deeply.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
As I said in the earlier "pre-public" post, I am a retired Navy CPO (Corpsman) and my wife is a retired Navy Commander (Nurse Corps). Neither of us saw any combat action while active duty but we both once worked on the surgery ward at Bethesda Naval Hospital taking care of MEDIVACS from Viet Nam back in 1969 to 1971. I appreciate and thank all the vets for their service to our country. For those who received some sort of injury associated with their service, I thank you even more sincerely and deeply.

Add your info here BBD, and glad to have another veteran on the board... :beer:

My dad was worse than any Drill Instructor could possibly ever be. Does that count? :D

Um hmm... we'll see if Gunny takes that bait or not... :eusa_whistle:

LOL. There's no bait. It can happen. My father WAS a TI, and he brought it home. One of the first things I realized in boot camp was I'd already lived this nightmare! :lol:

Just wondering though what experience Mani is comparing his father to since as far as I know, Mani has never claimed he served in the US military.

In hindsight, living in housing with other military brats, our father's were cruel and abusive and we (the male military offspring) were recruits and the vast majority of us were aggressive, alpha males as a result.

However, the military by no means has a monopoly on abusive parents. Just a certain type. Men who cannot differentiate between their troops and their children.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I blame my entire naval aviation career on a Marine Gunny at OCS/ NAS Pensacola. My first thoughts going to OCS were " wait I thought I was in the Navy!!" When this Gunny walked out and those were the days they could still kick you in the can and peck you on the forehead with those "smokeys" I came to just love, which by the way I still have what i fondly like to call Marine dents there. However, interestingly enough, after a long career of driving A-6's from one end of world the other, I had the chance not to long ago to go down to Davis Monthan AFB where the boneyard is and see a few of the old birds out there. I thought I would insert a pic of an A-6 out in the desert and for an old aviator like me it's sort of hard to see them sitting there like that. However, all of you who ever served and are serving, and your familes, all have my deepest respect and my admiration and thanks for a job well done!!

dm_a6.jpg

Forum List

Back