How Many Marines Are On USMB?

Coloradomtnman

Rational and proud of it.
Oct 1, 2008
Denver
Just out of curiousity.

I know RayboyUSMC, and Retired GySgt, are former Marines. And I've seen a few others. If you're active duty, reserves, or a former Marine, bark here.

Oorah, fellow devil dog, letherneck, lean, green, killing machines!

Rayboy (tho I'm not sure he's a real one), RGS, and Gunny are the three that I know...

Just out of curiousity.

I know RayboyUSMC, and Retired GySgt, are former Marines. And I've seen a few others. If you're active duty, reserves, or a former Marine, bark here.

Oorah, fellow devil dog, letherneck, lean, green, killing machines!

I'm proud to be in the company of a few of my brothers.

Semper Fidelis
Fratres Aeterni

Here are some photos circa 1960/61 for those who were "Hollywood" Marines and trained at Camp Pendleton/Camp San Onofre 1st ITR for advanced infantry training
Looking S.W. through Company Street/rifle bench Delta Co.San Onofre in a low fog
South end of Camp San Onofre seen from Ridgeline above
San Onofre Quonset Huts seen from S. E. Corner looking N.W.

Last edited:
let me type real slow here:

colorado man was a marine.

i assume you were an army ranger.

Ixnay on the condescension-ay there, chet.

You don't know that Coloradomtnman is a Marine. There are so many wanna-bes on the internet. Anyone can say "oorah leatherneck". They can, and they do. I hear it so many times, and want to break their arms. It's so disrespectful to say "oorah" if you haven't earned the right to do so by earning the Title.

And there's no such thing as "was" a Marine. A Marine never stops being a Marine.

And why would you assume that I would enlist in the Army? What branch were you in?

Last edited:
Probably more claim to be Marines than are Marines.

Precisely. I've lost count of how many marines (as opposed to the capitalized "Marines", because wanna-bes don't know that it's capitalized) I've met on the internet.

That usually doesn't work here, and I can't say we've had too many instances of it. Too many vets of all services on this board. Probably keeps them away for the most part.

Everyone gets the benefit of doubt until they prove they are deserving of less. Imposters usually give themselves away.

That I am aware of, coloradomtnman, rayboyusmc, RetiredGySgt, American Horse and myself are the current active posters on this board who are Marines.

PEGWINN and 82Marine89 post here occasionally and they are Marines. Semper Fi I believe is currently at one of the MCRDs for recruit training.

Bootneck is a Royal Marine currently deployed to Afghanistan.

I may have left someone out and or there may be others who have served in the Corps I am unaware of or that have slipped my mind. There are a lot of members on this board, and as I said, a lot of vets.

You don't know that Coloradomtnman is a Marine. There are so many wanna-bes on the internet. Anyone can say "oorah leatherneck". They can, and they do. I hear it so many times, and want to break their arms. It's so disrespectful to say "oorah" if you haven't earned the right to do so by earning the Title.

And there's no such thing as "was" a Marine. A Marine never stops being a Marine.

And why would you assume that I would enlist in the Army? What branch were you in?

she's an army brat. i doubt any disrespect was intended. probably the opposite.

lighten up.

duh i know colorado man is a former marine due to his revealing it ...while discussing climbing and his climbing accident...

no, del it was a fucking insult...

i wanna be an army ranger ...i wanna live a life of danger...they are normally dumber than dirt

duh i know colorado man is a former marine due to his revealing it ...while discussing climbing and his climbing accident...

no, del it was a fucking insult...

i wanna be an army ranger ...i wanna live a life of danger...they are normally dumber than dirt

they shoulda gone into NROTC with me then.

I don't know about anyone else here but I expect that it's the same as for me; I hang out my sign as USMC Vet for the same reason I have a US MARINES with an EGA tag on the front of my vehicle; to make contact with my brothers, if only a wave in passing. Nothing more is expected. I don't expect it to mean anything to those who are outside or have never been in the Corps.

To say that it was four of the most memorable years of my life, even though my Marine Corps career was an undistinquished one, is an understatement in both departments. The membership in our Corps is small yet close enough that we can at anytime find someone we knew that we haven't seen for years. The same was true IN the Corps. A new duty station or assignment would usually bring you in face to face contact with some one you'd served with before. It is the largest Fraternity in the world; Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.

Thirty five years after I'd been discharged I signed up for a Forum called The Few, The Proud, The Marines, after being directed there by a Telemarketer selling construction tools from Phoenix, Az. We got around to the subject of the USMC (funny how that works out) and he directed me to that Forum. I signed on one evening at my wife's real estate office, because I didn't have a computer of my own and couldn't give a shit less about computers anyway.

About a year later my wife brought home an email to me which asked: "Are you the Same L/Cpl xxxxx that dated so-and-so at Base Comm Camp Lejeune? LJOB" It was five years later in 2006 when I got my own computer that I looked in my "hard file" where the email was kept and answered back: "Yes, I am the same person, were you there?". We put together a list of 54 names of people from our time there, and put them up on a special place - The Names, The Names - on her web page Once A Marine which is really quite a piece of work. She gave me a link at the top of her page to my web-page from a yellow teletype tape; something any Naval "communicator" would instantly recognize.

The issue of the War in Iraq divided "The Few, The Proud, The Marines Forum" so much so that that they had to split it into two seperate boards with two seperate addresses to dampen down the arguments. The arguing even then was so antagonistic about the war that I got away from it and only check in to see what's up from time to time. Board-1 is left leaning and Board-2 is right leaning. I see now on checking that they have conjoined the two boards on one main launch page now, but haven't made it one unitized board as it was back in the beginning. It's a good board, but not large. Still there's a constant give and take with people putting up items of interest about then and now, and their kids, many who are serving in the Corps, both officer and enlisted, men and women.

S/F - Fratres Aeterni

Last edited:

Forum List

Back