How many LSO cookies are on your machine?

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
LSO cookies are sometimes called Flash cookies. They are put on your computer by various websites and stay there. They are not deleted when you clear cookies, or use popular programs such as CCleaner. They are also not limited in size like regular cookies, and some will be 100k.

But there is a convenient way to delete them whenever you close Firefox. Get the addon BetterPrivacy. The first time I ran it, it found and deleted 150 supercookies. On a friend's machine, there were more than 1500, because she uses YouTube a lot.

I do not know of a similarly easy way to delete them, so even if you don't use Firefox, it's worth installing on your computer just to be able to easily remove these privacy-stealing cookies.

Cookie_Monster.jpg

That's BS.

I opened up my box and there wasn't one damned cookie in it.

And there I was with my glass of milk all ready to go, and not so much as a cookie crumb to be found.

Now, I have no idea what websites I'm visiting that are leaving dust bunnies in my box, but I wish the hell they'd knock it off.

This is a useful program that also allows you indiscriminate editing of the cookies you wish to keep as the security settings to the site are kept in the flash command software device (cookie).

I use Flashblock which also allows indiscriminate editing of the cookies or simply lock on all flash cookies. Hopefully FF will build this characteristic into its updated browser.

:thup:

This is a useful program that also allows you indiscriminate editing of the cookies you wish to keep as the security settings to the site are kept in the flash command software device (cookie).

I use Flashblock which also allows indiscriminate editing of the cookies or simply lock on all flash cookies. Hopefully FF will build this characteristic into its updated browser.

I use Flashblock, also, but any Flash that you wish to see, or unblock, will leave behind an LSO.

I use Flashblock, also, but any Flash that you wish to see, or unblock, will leave behind an LSO.

As far as I know, it blocks all flash synth. If you set it to block all then the cookies are also blocked. Then you can customize the sites. I manually enter the sites I wish to contain the LSO. Otherwise, no flash comes in, cookies or otherwise.

Just installed this on the laptop. Over 1,600 lso cookies were detected then deleted.

Am installing it on the desktop too. Thanks, Synth!

Just installed this on the laptop. Over 1,600 lso cookies were detected then deleted.

Am installing it on the desktop too. Thanks, Synth!

You just Zoom-boinged them!!!! :flameth::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

I installed in on the desktop and it didn't seem to remove anything.

Laptop is running Vista; desktop is running Windows 7.

Hmmm . . . . .

Been using BetterPrivacy for at least two years now, it pays to check out the add ons and do a little research on the ones you are interested in.

Kichel__69872_zoom.JPG

Now there's some cookies....

Kichel__69872_zoom.JPG

Now there's some cookies....

They look malformed and like they have the pox........ Just sayin'...........

They form as they naturally expand. There is no attempt to mold them into any standard form.

But they taste awesome. Light and fluffy and much like french crispy thins in texture.

I use Chrome as my browser....is this something I need worry about too?
Yes, these Flash cookies will be installed on your computer through any browser. If you have Firefox on your machine, just add BetterPrivacy - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/ - to Firefox, restart Firefox, then close Firefox, and the window will appear asking you if you want to delete these cookies.

If you don't have Firefox, I think it's worth installing, just to use this addon every few days.

It deletes the LSO cookies from your machine, not from just the Firefox cache, etc.

Block Flash Ads in Chrome

Also, upper right hand corner, click on the wrench symbol, go to Options, select the Under the Hood tab and change whatever settings you need to change. You can block all and then take some time to add your exceptions (sites you want to not block cookies in.)

Last edited:

Also, upper right hand corner, click on the wrench symbol, go to Options, select the Under the Hood tab and change whatever settings you need to change. You can block all and then take some time to add your exceptions (sites you want to not block cookies in.)
Won't that block youtube videos with embedded ads?

Better to let them do their thing, and just delete them when you close your browser.

Won't that block youtube videos with embedded ads?

Better to let them do their thing, and just delete them when you close your browser.

That's what the exemptions set up is for, to allow cookies from sites you don't want to block, then you can set it up to delete all when the browser is closed.

Forum List

Back