how many knowledgeable patriots here?

hansom

Rookie
Feb 13, 2009
I mean that in the most complete sense of the word -
those who understand the constitution or some facet of const. or common law
those are are actively incorporating these truths into their lives (in essence, reclaiming some small part of the republican ideal)
those who are only discussing these things on message boards, even. gotta start somewhere!

Just trying to get a sense of who cares about important issues like these

I mean that in the most complete sense of the word -
those who understand the constitution or some facet of const. or common law
those are are actively incorporating these truths into their lives (in essence, reclaiming some small part of the republican ideal)
those who are only discussing these things on message boards, even. gotta start somewhere!

Just trying to get a sense of who cares about important issues like these

welcome...might i ask why you posted a discussion of the constitution in the economy forum....and to which countrie's constitution are you refering....

I'm a Californian, so let's go with the US. There are similarities to most other representative govs, for discussion purposes.
And being that the economy is the most important issue right now, perhaps connecting on that issue is a good place to start.

What do people care about that was relevant to the founders? isolationism? (what we might call simply 'patriotism') Free enterprise? Innovation? Freedom of expression? Bearing arms? Lawful government vs. legal government? Privilege vs. Liberty?

The founders didn't believe in isolationism, they believed in non-interventionism.

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations-entangling alliances with none." - Thomas Jefferson

Here's the most knowledgeable patriot.

p1_belichick.jpg

Thanks for the correction:)

IN addition, they believed in no central bank, and no standing army, but we threw those out too.

IN addition, they believed in no central bank, and no standing army, but we threw those out too.

they started a country and created a framework for it to develop......it is a rather broad framework.....the nation has evolved.....

they started a country and created a framework for it to develop......it is a rather broad framework.....the nation has evolved.....

In the wrong direction if we think that the dollar losing 95% of it's value since the Fed's inception is a good thing.

The founders didn't believe in isolationism, they believed in non-interventionism.

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations-entangling alliances with none." - Thomas Jefferson

They founders ALSO firmly believed in protectionist tariffs and they RAN THE GOVERNMENT on the revenues from those tarrifs, too.

So you inclusion of "commerce" was correct, but misleading since most people would naturally assume that meant FREE TRADE which it surely DID NOT.

Forum List

Back