How many here saw last nights Niners/Rams game?

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
I said before the year began that other than Rams season opener in LA and the twice a year matchup with the Niners I would not watch the NFL including the Rams because I am fed up with this corrupt cartel where the owners do this bullshit of putting shiny brand new stadiums ahead of history and tradition and another reason i wont get into which most of you here know already so no need to go into it.

Well I am sticking to my guns on that, I wont be watching another Rams game or the NFL till the home game against the niners later in the year the fact i have been waiting way too fucking long to have that california rivalry back is why i make the exception with the Niners.

I am so glad I am at least not boycotting Rams and Niner games.Last night was the most exciting thursday night game of the year you will see.:thup:

Reminded me of the good old days back in the 80's when the niners had a great offense with Joe Montana,Jerry Rice,Roger Craig,and Tom Rathman in the backfield to hand off to against my Rams that had Jim Everett at quarterback,Eric Dickerson at RB,and Flipper Anderson to throw to and Ernie Zampese as the Rams offensive coordinater.

They both had explosive offenses and neither could be stopped. Last night if not for the disgusting uniform colors of both teams that looked like a college team,it would have felt like those good old days from the 1980's again.:thup:

Moving to Santa Clara has been as stupid for the niners as it has been for the chargers to leave san diego or when the Rams left LA. This is what the crowd looked like in SANTA CLARA last night which is the same thing the Chargers crowds look like now and what the Rams crowds in st louis did all the time.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

three minutes to go into the second half.comedy gold.:biggrin: that NEVER happened in SF even when they were the joke of all NFL teams.:lmao::rofl:

DKSsMufUEAAJ7Ml.jpg

wow what a turnabout for the Rams this year.Last year it was their DEFENSE that kept them in games and close even though they could not score touchdowns.Last night they could never stop the niners on offense,soon as they scored a td,the niners returned the favor.

Last edited:
I said before the year began that other than Rams season opener in LA and the twice a year matchup with the Niners I would not watch the NFL including the Rams because I am fed up with this corrupt cartel where the owners do this bullshit of putting shiny brand new stadiums ahead of history and tradition and another reason i wont get into.

Well I am sticking to my guns on that, I wont be watching another Rams game or the NFL till the home game against the niners later in the year the fact i have been waiting way too fucking long to have that california rivalry back is why i make the exception with the Niners.

I am so glad I am at least not boycotting Rams and Niner games.Last night was the most exciting thursday night game of the year you will see.:thup:

Reminded me of the good old days back in the 80's when the niners had a great offense with Joe Montana,Jerry Rice,Roger Craig,and Tom Rathman in the backfield to hand off to against my Rams that had Jim Everett at quarterback,Eric Dickerson at RB,and Flipper Anderson to throw to and Ernie Zampese as the Rams offensive coordinater.

They both had explosive offenses and neither could be stopped. Last night if not for the disgusting uniform colors of both teams that looked like a college team,it would have felt like those good old days from the 1980's again.:thup:

Moving to Santa Clara has been as stupid for the niners as it has been for the chargers to leave san diego or when the Rams left LA. This is what the crowd looked like in SANTA CLARA last night which is the same thing the Chargers crowds look like now and what the Rams crowds in st louis did all the time.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
WTF is wrong with the defense? Bum ought to smack his dumbass son in the back of the head and tell him, "Why can't you stop the run?"

I watched it, and I agree; the Second Half was one of the best half of football I've seen in a long time. A missed PAT was the only spoiler, but the final penalty (O interference) proved why I don't watch the NFL games with the same enjoyment as I once did, the F'n officials' make calls which disrupt the action and end the excitement. Notice we did not see the infraction from any angle but the one.

Last night was the most exciting thursday night game of the year you will see.:thup:
Chiefs and Raiders play on Thursday night.

Hey, have you ever been to the San Francisco Saloon in West LA? (Is it still there?) I went to there a couple of times when in the past in SoCal, and watched the Niner's play, the burgers are great, the beer was cold and everyone there was in Red and Gold.

Last nights game was very good. I did have to laugh at how few people attended.

I heard they were selling tickets for $15. Anyone know if that was true?

Hey, have you ever been to the San Francisco Saloon in West LA? (Is it still there?) I went to there a couple of times when in the past in SoCal, and watched the Niner's play, the burgers are great, the beer was cold and everyone there was in Red and Gold.
Isn't West LA gay? Or is that West Hollywood?

I'm a Rams fan. I've hated the Niners ever since John Brodie was their quarterback.

I'm a Rams fan. I've hated the Niners ever since John Brodie was their quarterback.
That is a very long time to hate a team.

I said before the year began that other than Rams season opener in LA and the twice a year matchup with the Niners I would not watch the NFL including the Rams because I am fed up with this corrupt cartel where the owners do this bullshit of putting shiny brand new stadiums ahead of history and tradition and another reason i wont get into which most of you here know already so no need to go into it.

three minutes to go into the second half.comedy gold.:biggrin: that NEVER happened in SF even when they were the joke of all NFL teams.:lmao::rofl:

DKSsMufUEAAJ7Ml.jpg

wow what a turnabout for the Rams this year.Last year it was their DEFENSE that kept them in games and close even though they could not score touchdowns.Last night they could never stop the niners on offense,soon as they scored a td,the niners returned the favor.
i thought you said the fans in LA were happier than shit to have these guys back?....remember when i laughed at that and said you were wrong?...3 games 3 shitty turnouts....

I watched the game in and out as I had a small wager. Took the 49ers at +600 when they were down early and they almost pulled out the miracle comeback. Was exciting to watch I guess.

Last nights game was very good. I did have to laugh at how few people attended.

I heard they were selling tickets for $15. Anyone know if that was true?

It might be. I won't go to a game in Santa Clara, though I have gone to Seattle and Phoenix for away games since the move. I grew up near Kezar, and played three years there with my high school.

Imagine, I paid .50 cents to get into the game at Kezar, to sit in the east end zone for a couple of years as a kid. We use to hop the fence from the cheap seats during the game, and when the final gun ended the game we collected cushions which we returned for the .05 cents deposit.

Those who had season tickets at the stick. and some who had them at Kezar too, were really pissed by the cost to them of the move. Most didn't renew their tickets and are glad they didn't, sitting on the hoi polloi side is to get baked by the sun.

Isn't West LA gay? Or is that West Hollywood?

Don't know. My wife and I were in SoCal for a wedding on Saturday, and she is the one who found the Saloon so I could watch the game and she could drink beer (she's a cheese head and roots for Green Bay). The next year my older son and I were in SoCal and we had breakfast at Venice Beach and lunch at the SF Saloon

That is a very long time to hate a team.

Not that long, I was going to 9er games when YA was throwing the Alley-Oop to RC.

Forum List

Back