How many had heard of Obama before he ran for President?

How many had heard of Obama before he ran for President.

• I had

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Never heard of him

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters
You mean like how Thomas Jefferson was a Deist who believed in a completely non-interventionalist God, going as far as writing his own version of the Bible with all the miracles removed?

Thats got nothing to do with my post...try staying on topic or just STFU and admit you made a mistake.

A mistake?

By directly and correctly quoting a document bearing John Adam's signature?

Not quite, try again.

“The government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.” - John Adams, 1797

The quotation marks in your sig. wrongly imply that John Adams was the SOURCE and SAID those words...
Signing a document containing those words doesn't make him the source or author of the statement....
-----------------------------------------------
Using your illogical logic,

ARTICLE 1 (US Constitution)
"All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives."

Do you attribute all 48 signers of the Constitution with this quote?

If I sign my name on the back of a book, can I claim it came from me ?

Last edited:
And it goes without saying, the rest of your sig. is just so much bullshit too....

Try using FACTS....I know its a novel idea for lefties, but it works....

Thats got nothing to do with my post...try staying on topic or just STFU and admit you made a mistake.

A mistake?

Not quite, try again.

“The government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.” - John Adams, 1797

The quotation marks in your sig. wrongly imply that John Adams was the SOURCE and SAID those words...
Signing a document containing those words doesn't make him the source or author of the statement....

"All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives."

Well, this is the paragraph he attached to the end of the treaty:
John Adams said:
Now be it known, That I John Adams, President of the United States of America, having seen and considered the said Treaty do, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, accept, ratify, and confirm the same, and every clause and article thereof. And to the End that the said Treaty may be observed, and performed with good Faith on the part of the United States, I have ordered the premises to be made public; And I do hereby enjoin and require all persons bearing office civil or military within the United States, and all other citizens or inhabitants thereof, faithfully to observe and fulfill the said Treaty and every clause and article thereof.

Seems like his intention was pretty clear.

A mistake?

Not quite, try again.

John Adams said:
Now be it known, That I John Adams, President of the United States of America, having seen and considered the said Treaty do, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, accept, ratify, and confirm the same, and every clause and article thereof. And to the End that the said Treaty may be observed, and performed with good Faith on the part of the United States, I have ordered the premises to be made public; And I do hereby enjoin and require all persons bearing office civil or military within the United States, and all other citizens or inhabitants thereof, faithfully to observe and fulfill the said Treaty and every clause and article thereof.

I can't claim to look into my tea leaves and know his intentions.
I'd guess his intention was to accept, ratify and sign the treaty ... the point in debate is HE NEVER SAID THOSE WORDS....and thats the simple fact of the matter.
Your sig in misleading at best and a lie at worst....John Adams DID NOT make that statement...ever.

And as I already stated...the statement is true as far as it goes, but again misleading...

Christianity has to do with Jesus Christ. a particular person....and the US is not a "Christian" nation....

The Declaration of Independence is the nations founding document...and it mentions God, the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God, the Creator, Supreme Judge of the world, and even calls on the protection of Divine Providence.

To claim GOD was absent in the creation of the US is to re-write history and a lie....GOD was very much a part of the birth of the United States....the Declaration of Independence is akin to the "birth certificate" of the Nation.

Do you find it strange that the Arabic version of the Treaty DOES NOT contain an Article 11....? I do....

Last edited:

John Adams said:

I can't claim to look into my tea leaves and know his intentions.
I'd guess his intention was to accept, ratify and sign the treaty ... the point in debate is HE NEVER SAID THOSE WORDS....and thats the simple fact of the matter.
Your sig in misleading at best and a lie at worst....John Adams DID NOT make that statement...ever.

And as I already stated...the statement is true as far as it goes, but again misleading...

Christianity has to do with Jesus Christ. a particular person....and the US is not a "Christian" nation....

The Declaration of Independence is the nations founding document...and it mentions God, the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God, the Creator, Supreme Judge of the world, and even calls on the protection of Divine Providence.

To claim GOD was absent in the creation of the US is to re-write history and a lie....GOD was very much a part of the birth of the United States....the Declaration of Independence is akin to the "birth certificate" of the Nation.

Do you find it strange that the Arabic version of the Treaty DOES NOT contain an Article 11....? I do....

When exactly did I say that "God was absent in the creation of the US"?
The founding fathers were deists who believed in a non-interventionalist God and natural law. The founders and I share that belief.

The only thing stated in my sig line is that The US is no was a Christian nation. Which it isn't.

Forum List

Back