How many GAY friends do you have?

I understand that some people may have 'friends' they know are gay or homosexual.
Let's limit the discussion to people that you actually converse with at least once a month.

You got any gay friends that you LOVE or DESPISE?
Not enough!!! But..I would guesstimate 7.

Nobody as to tell you anything, on a "need to know" basis or otherwise. Don't you have any neighbors? Don't you go any place with your female significant other? Don't you go to any places where couples go together? Stores? Restaurants? Airports? Incidentally, it's a big tip-off as to a couple's sexuality when one of them has a big round abdomen.

I suppose I could walk inside a gay bar and start taking notes about who is in there and is presumably taking it in the caboose.

However, it isn't my business so I'm not going to do it. Further, someone might see me going inside and think the worst of me.

What a great non-sequitur. You don't go out in public with your partner? Is it all on the hush-hush?

Here in the heartland, homosexuality isn't as glorified as it is in liberal areas. I know that in areas like San Francisco and Greenwich Village, homosexuals go out in full regalia, advertising their devotion to all of their paraphilias.
Here, those people who like to take it in the caboose try to be a lot more discrete about it, hanging out in their own joints. Its really not my business, as a normative individual to know what they are up to.

Glorified? The gay guys in the DC area just wear the same clothing as everyone else and go to work or out shopping or whatever just like everybody else.

Normative? What does that mean? That you are heterosexual? I am, too. But so what? I don't hide my heterosexuality. Are you "discrete" about yours? You make "the heartland" sound like a very creepy area. We don't have sex in the street here.

Its different in the Heartland. Around here, homos hang out in gay bars, bathhouses, and highway rest stops.

I'm sure a lot of them get into civilian clothes if they work at normative jobs or to go out and but a carton of milk or cigarettes or a newspaper. But then, you wouldn't know they were homosexual. They won't tell you if you don't need to know.

For all I would know, the clerk at the convenience store or local barber or postal carrier might be as queer as a $3 bill(or not).

But if he is, he won't tell me as its none of my beeswax

Why should anyone keep their sexual orientation a secret? I'm sure that you have given indications to other people with whom you interact that you are heterosexual, perhaps by the company you keep, even though you haven't told them. I don't think that you have kept it to yourself.

I understand that some people may have 'friends' they know are gay or homosexual.
Let's limit the discussion to people that you actually converse with at least once a month.

You got any gay friends that you LOVE or DESPISE?

My sister is lesbian, her partner is wonderful (a ballerina) and, because they are in the theatre I have many gay acquaintances, many of whom have become friends over the years.

Forum List

Back