How many forum members to change a light bulb?

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
:laugh:

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electrical section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

MissileMan said:
You forgot the 1 who claims to have been there when Edison invented the damned thing (pun)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MissileMan again.

<b>LMMFAO!!!</b>

MissileMan said:
You forgot the 1 who claims to have been there when Edison invented the damned thing (pun)

I was thinking "industry expert".....or "in my day we didn't have light bulbs, we made candles and walked 5 miles to get the wax from the bee hive and were damn happy to do so! Enough said! :wank:

MissileMan said:

You better be careful. He still has connections in the light bulb industry.

GotZoom said:
You better be careful. He still has connections in the light bulb industry.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Oh Man! That was a three-roller!

5 to blame President Bush for our having inferior light bulbs.

2 to tell us that all this talk about changing light bulbs makes them horny.

4 to post an article about how we need illegal immigrants because Americans won't take jobs in the light bulb industry.

1 to claim they have been at every light bulb changing event since the light bulb was invented

2 trolls to make claims that light bulbs never need changing and people who change light bulbs are idiots

1 to decry the plight of those without light bulbs (especially those in third world countries)

4 to berate the US for even using light bulbs and causing all the light polution on planet Earth

1 to claim that European light bulbs are superior

2 to postulate that the light bulb went bad because *insert favorite conspiracy theory here*

Said1 said:
I was thinking "industry expert".....or "in my day we didn't have light bulbs, we made candles and walked 5 miles to get the wax from the bee hive and were damn happy to do so! Enough said! :wank:

Why go to the bee hive. The best candle wax is made at home :wank:

Said1 said:
Well I had to do that, uphill, both ways! It was 10 miles, not 5. :laugh:

USViking said:
I hope I don't get banned for this, but it would take only one member
with enough vaginal dexterity to change a lightbulb.

damn and i wasted my rep on a silly ploy to guilt you out

1 conservative to say that "this is all the libs fault, they have been over using the light which has caused the light bulb to burn out"

1 liberal to point out that "the current electric company has wasted more electricity than any other for the last 40 years"

50 members of each ideology to repeat and reassert these two statements

1 conservative to say "We are in a time of crisis, the electric company needs that electricity to fight the Axis of Darkness."

1 liberal to say "But why did we go in to the War in the Study, Osama Bin Black Out is still hidding in the basement."

1 Conservative to rebutt "We liberated the Study from the tenebrous tyranny of Saddam Short Circut. The study is entering into a new era of en-lightenment."

1 liberal to respond with "At what cost, the War in the Study has resulted in the largest electric bill on record, and didnt their VP just shoot some body in the face?"

1 conservative to angrily respond "that whole 'shot in the face' thing has been blown way out of porportion please stay on topic"

1 liberal to retract, "fine forget about the VP shooting somebody in the face, what about the electric company monitering my electricity use without a warrant from the department of energy"

1 conservative moderator to finally end it all "this light bulb analogy for the war on terror is crazy, who ever thought of it had way to much time on their hands, it must have been some dirty moderate with no oppinions of their own and nothing better to do (closes thread).

deaddude said:
1 conservative to say that "this is all the libs fault, they have been over using the light which has caused the light bulb to burn out"

1 liberal to point out that "the current electric company has wasted more electricity than any other for the last 40 years"

50 members of each ideology to repeat and reassert these two statements

1 conservative to say "We are in a time of crisis, the electric company needs that electricity to fight the Axis of Darkness."

1 liberal to say "But why did we go in to the War in the Study, Osama Bin Black Out is still hidding in the basement."

1 Conservative to rebutt "We liberated the Study from the tenebrous tyranny of Saddam Short Circut. The study is entering into a new era of en-lightenment."

1 liberal to respond with "At what cost, the War in the Study has resulted in the largest electric bill on record, and didnt their VP just shoot some body in the face?"

1 conservative to angrily respond "that whole 'shot in the face' thing has been blown way out of porportion please stay on topic"

1 liberal to retract, "fine forget about the VP shooting somebody in the face, what about the electric company monitering my electricity use without a warrant from the department of energy"

1 conservative moderator to finally end it all "this light bulb analogy for the war on terror is crazy, who ever thought of it had way to much time on their hands, it must have been some dirty moderate with no oppinions of their own and nothing better to do (closes thread)
Tempting, tempting. :laugh: J/k, this thread is funny!

New Topics

Forum List

Back