How many days does the Market

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
have to be basically stagnant before it is more than just a "bump in the road" or a correction?

In the first 340 days of the current Admin the DJI grew at a 24.81% rate, which is not great but not bad at all.

On the 340th day of his term Trump signed his first (and only) major legislation.

In the 115 days since then the DJI has grown at a 1.20% rate, and is down for the year.

In those 115 days there has never been more than 3 days in a row where the DJI went up.

The numbers for the NASDAQ, S&P and Russell are all similar.

Here's a typical period of consolidation, this one seven months, from late December 2014 into July 2015:

003dc19e-ba8d-4280-a7ab-3628b2c11584_zpsyzwqxxhs.png~original

I think folks are waiting to see if a protectionist trade shoe drops, or if Trump works out "a deal" that leaves things as they are. And tells the Trumpbots he's a Yuuuge Winner and without them they'd be nothings.

...the first 340 days of the current Admin the DJI grew at a 24.81% rate, which is not great but...
Let's understand that this rate of return will double your money in just over 3 years 4 months...

Yep, that would have been great. I was very happy with that rate of growth...the 1.20% not as much
You don't really expect 24% growth from the market, do you?

of course not, but I do expect better than 1.2

...the first 340 days of the current Admin the DJI grew at a 24.81% rate, which is not great but...
Let's understand that this rate of return will double your money in just over 3 years 4 months...

Yep, that would have been great. I was very happy with that rate of growth...the 1.20% not as much

Well, there are periods in which the market grows slowly, or not at all, or drops.

Surely you know that.

Is this a serious thread?

Well, there are periods in which the market grows slowly, or not at all, or drops.

Surely you know that.

No...How could it be. It's just an attempt to bash The Donald for taking
the Stock Market from 18,000 to 26,000 in less than a year. They gotta
cover up that growth.

Surely you know that.

cover up that growth.

The market is at 24,465 not 26,000, and it started at 19,827...do try and get your numbers correct.

In the first 474 days of the Trump term the market has a rate of change of 23.38%.

During the first 474 days of the previous Admin the market had a rate of change of 39.85%.

I do not know about you, but I like the second number better.

Surely you know that.

I do know that, the question was how long does it have to go on before people will acknowledge it is happening.

Did that confuse you?

Surely you know that.

I do know that, the question was how long does it have to go on before people will acknowledge it is happening.

Did that confuse you?
No, because I provided an example of "consolidation" in post 3, and it didn't appear to help.

Since this is my profession, I thought I could provide some clarity.

Looks like that wasn't the goal of the thread.

Surely you know that.

Did that confuse you?
No, because I provided an example of "consolidation" in post 3, and it didn't appear to help.

You are correct, it was not.

Now run along and play...

Surely you know that.

Did that confuse you?

Admittedly, I should know better than to expect intellectual honesty here.

My apologies. I will run along and play now.

Surely you know that.

Did that confuse you?

:itsok:

Surely you know that.

cover up that growth.
I guess you were right.

Surely you know that.

Did that confuse you?

It's a whiny thread of someone desperate to find something, anything really, to bitch about besides loony conspiracy theories.

Surely you know that.

cover up that growth.
I guess you were right.

Ahh, poor little Mac missed the point of the thread and now he is sad...

I do not want to cover up growth, I love growth..I want more growth and it is my personal opinion that there is more going on that a routine consolidation.

It is not coincidence that the market is lower today than the day that Trump announced his first of many tariffs.

Surely you know that.

cover up that growth.
I guess you were right.

Ahh, poor little Mac missed the point of the thread and now he is sad...

I do not want to cover up growth, I love growth..I want more growth and it is my personal opinion that there is more going on that a routine consolidation.

It is not coincidence that the market is lower today than the day that Trump announced his first of many tariffs.
Yikes, struck a nerve again.

You folks sure are touchy.

Forum List

Back