How many Countries Have you been to?

I grew up traveling. My dad's a pilot so we traveled a lot as kids, and now, while living in Europe, I'm taking the opportunity to travel around the various EU countries. I love Ireland, France and Italy. I'm hoping to live in Germany for a while.

France is wonderful...Italy, too. Simply essential places to visit, IMO.

Germany is probably a better place to live than to visit, I suspect. As a tourist there aren't many places I've been particularly impressed by, except for Berlin and a couple of smaller cities like Heidelberg.
If you ever get to Germany again, a nice little town called Garmish is nice to visit.

Why else would ANY of us go to Somalia?:lol:

Well, people say that about most places I go - but I have to say, much of the so-called Third World is simply fabulous to travel in, and much less dangerous than people assume.

Somalia I'd draw the line at myself, but it may be a lot more interesting than I'd assume.

Why else would ANY of us go to Somalia?:lol:

Well, people say that about most places I go - but I have to say, much of the so-called Third World is simply fabulous to travel in, and much less dangerous than people assume.

Somalia I'd draw the line at myself, but it may be a lot more interesting than I'd assume.

We will have to agree to disagree. Most of the Third World sucks to travel in and is every bit as dangerous as it is sold as. You can have them.

Yes, so he did - my apologies!

Ok, so of these 7 Third World countries, which would you say are dangerous and suck to travel in? Let's exclude Iraq and Somalia as being active war zones - in which case I'd agree they are not safe and probably suck to travel in.

But Indonesia is a fabulous country to travel in - cheap, beautiful and lovely people. Kenya is magnificent, although I agree Nairobi is dangerous. The Philippines are largely safe, and also quite beautiful in many areas, and nice people - although I agree also terribly polluted in some places.

Kenya
Djabouti
Somalia
Iraq
Philippines
Guam
Indonesia
:

I went to Epcot at Disney World and got to see 17 countries

It is a small world after all!

Ok, so of these 7 Third World countries, which would you say are dangerous and suck to travel in? Let's exclude Iraq and Somalia as being active war zones - in which case I'd agree they are not safe and probably suck to travel in.

But Indonesia is a fabulous country to travel in - cheap, beautiful and lovely people. Kenya is magnificent, although I agree Nairobi is dangerous. The Philippines are largely safe, and also quite beautiful in many areas, and nice people - although I agree also terribly polluted in some places.

Kenya
Djabouti
Somalia
Iraq
Philippines
Guam
Indonesia
:
You must stay in the tourist areas like the hotels and the upper class in the Philippines. Try venturing away from that!

I grew up traveling. My dad's a pilot so we traveled a lot as kids, and now, while living in Europe, I'm taking the opportunity to travel around the various EU countries. I love Ireland, France and Italy. I'm hoping to live in Germany for a while.

Germany is probably a better place to live than to visit, I suspect. As a tourist there aren't many places I've been particularly impressed by, except for Berlin and a couple of smaller cities like Heidelberg.
If you ever get to Germany again, a nice little town called Garmish is nice to visit.

There's a shitload of nice towns in Germany.

Wish I could go back....especially this time of year.

There's a shitload of nice towns in Germany.

Wish I could go back....especially this time of year.
Been there done that and don't want to live there again. I even have family that lives there and I don't even want to go visit. The food, shopping and scenery is the only good thing about Germany.

Kenya
Djabouti
Somalia
Iraq
Philippines
Guam
Indonesia
:

Yeah, Indonesia is just great. Except for the fact two years after I was gone terrorists blew up the hotel I was drinking/staying at.:eusa_eh:

Kenya
Djabouti
Somalia
Iraq
Philippines
Guam
Indonesia
:

Kenya is magnificent? Guess you never been to the part where we gave up our food and extra clothing so those people that aren't on the 5 star menu could have a one nice day, huh?

Next time you go to a 3rd World country, try looking behind the scenes at what's REALLY going on.

The Phillipines is a haven for terrorists and has been since time began. The Army and Marines were fighting indigenous terrorists as far back as th e1890s and they're still there.

Sounds to me like you've done the 5th Avenue of these countries and never looked at what they are reallly about.

Kenya is magnificent? Guess you never been to the part where we gave up our food and extra clothing so those people that aren't on the 5 star menu could have a one nice day, huh?

Next time you go to a 3rd World country, try looking behind the scenes at what's REALLY going on.

The Phillipines is a haven for terrorists and has been since time began. The Army and Marines were fighting indigenous terrorists as far back as th e1890s and they're still there.

Sounds to me like you've done the 5th Avenue of these countries and never looked at what they are reallly about.

Hilarious stuff! I just love it when people come up with this stuff without a clue what they are on about!

I was actually in Kenya two or three months ago, and spent a couple of weeks village-hopping from Kampala to Nairobi through Eldoret and Nakuru. Yes, it was fabulous, without question. I loved Lake Nakuru national park, in particular.

In the Philippines I've travelled mainly in places like Ilo Ilo, Bacolod and on Cebu and neighbouring islands. Some beatiful little islands like Malapascua, plus some little atolls off Dumaguete and Tacloban.

It's not always easy travel, if that is what you enjoy, but it is often a real adventure.

Of all of the Third World countries I've been to - and I suppose I've been to around 40 or 50 - only Paraguay and Uganda and parts of Eastern Europe such as Transnistria and Ukraine match your description of being unsafe and suck to travel in.

You are as safe in magnificent countries like Rwanda, Syria, Ecuador, Viet Nam or Indonesia as you are in England, Canada or the US.

Hilarious stuff! I just love it when people come up with this stuff without a clue what they are on about!

I was actually in Kenya two or three months ago, and spent a couple of weeks village-hopping from Kampala to Nairobi through Eldoret and Nakuru. Yes, it was fabulous, without question. I loved Lake Nakuru national park, in particular.

In the Philippines I've travelled mainly in places like Ilo Ilo, Bacolod and on Cebu and neighbouring islands. Some beatiful little islands like Malapascua, plus some little atolls off Dumaguete and Tacloban.

It's not always easy travel, if that is what you enjoy, but it is often a real adventure.

Of all of the Third World countries I've been to - and I suppose I've been to around 40 or 50 - only Paraguay and Uganda and parts of Eastern Europe such as Transnistria and Ukraine match your description of being unsafe and suck to travel in.

You are as safe in magnificent countries like Rwanda, Syria, Ecuador, Viet Nam or Indonesia as you are in England, Canada or the US.

Of course I don't have a clue. Spoken like a true elitist wannabe. Maybe I didn't overlook the human condition to see the pretty lake?

Your last sentence is just insane. No sale.

Of course I don't have a clue. Spoken like a true elitist wannabe. Maybe I didn't overlook the human condition to see the pretty lake?

Your last sentence is just insane. No sale.

Why do you think I overlooked the human condition?

Do you really think that because a country is poor, it can not also be a) beautiful or b) safe?

Is there something wrong with visiting some of the best wildlife parks in the world, just because the country is not wealthy?

I don't get your point here at all.

Forum List

Back