-Belgium
-Chezch Republic
-Austria
-USA
-Canada
-Mexico
-Portugal

That's all I remember for now..

I've Lived in Spain for about 11 Years, So i've been around Europe.

Wow, 11 years in Spain is a lot, that's for sure. It is a beautiful country - if you are going to live in Europe for that many years, Spain is a good choice.

What part of Spain were you in?

I grew up traveling. My dad's a pilot so we traveled a lot as kids, and now, while living in Europe, I'm taking the opportunity to travel around the various EU countries. I love Ireland, France and Italy. I'm hoping to live in Germany for a while.

I even wonder how well traveled some are in their own country. I've met way too many who have yet to be west of the Appalachians around these parts. IMO, meeting even one like that is way too many. More Americans need to get to know this great country.

I grew up traveling. My dad's a pilot so we traveled a lot as kids, and now, while living in Europe, I'm taking the opportunity to travel around the various EU countries. I love Ireland, France and Italy. I'm hoping to live in Germany for a while.

France is wonderful...Italy, too. Simply essential places to visit, IMO.

Germany is probably a better place to live than to visit, I suspect. As a tourist there aren't many places I've been particularly impressed by, except for Berlin and a couple of smaller cities like Heidelberg.

So how well travelled is this forum, anyway?

There may be one or two more but off the top of my head....

US
England
Scotland
Wales
Northern Ireland
Eire
France
Spain
Italy
Portugal
Belgium
Holland
Serbia
Germany
Austria
Turkey
Greece
Russia
Poland
Switzerland
Denmark
Canada
Mexico
South Africa
Nigeria
Zimbabwe
Japan
Malaysia
China (well, Hong Kong it was then)

Never been to South America or Australasia. Or Antarctica for that matter.

That's not a bad list, Tiger Bob - it looks to be about 30 countries, and I'd say that is fairly well travelled in most peoples book.

I'm curious to see you have been to Serbia but no other Balkan states - how did you manage that?!

Canada
Mexico
Panama
Canada
England
Scotland
France
Spain
Italy
Bahamas
Germany
Austria
Turkey
Greece
Switzerland
Somalia
Canary Islands
US
Puerto Rico
Bahamas
Sicily
Diego Garcia
Saudi Arabia
Kuwait
and
around the block a couple of times.

I was born in England (air force brat), then came to the USA, and as an adult visited Canada, Mexico and Japan......if my job with the Airlines hadn't gone to India, I expect I would have visited a lot more countries by now.

Canada
Mexico
England
Lebanon

... and many more that I have no idea about. That's what happens when you're flying to classified locations, hustled off the plane in the dark to a building with no windows, eat, sleep, get back on the plane, with no windows, in the dark, fly another 14 hours and you're back home. They never told us where we were. It was a need to know basis.

During my time in a C-9 unit, we went to a lot of places...

Sigonella Sicly
Atsugi Japan
Rota Spain
Bahrain
Canada
Italy
Korea
Of course the good ol USA...a lot of over nighters all over the country

Vacation
Ixtapa mexico
Cabo

My most exotic place ever...EVER...was one time in Newark, Nj. :)

Last edited:
NZ
Australia
Fiji
US
Ceuta (Spanish North Africa)
Spain
Portugal
Italy
France
Germany
Belgium
Netherlands
West Germany
England
Scotland
Wales
Lietchenstein (sp?)
Denmark
Switzerland
Austria
Monaco
Vatican
San Marino
Andorra

Canada
Mexico
Panama
Canada
England
Scotland
France
Spain
Italy
Bahamas
Germany
Austria
Turkey
Greece
Switzerland
Somalia
Canary Islands
US
Puerto Rico
Bahamas
Sicily
Diego Garcia
Saudi Arabia
Kuwait
and
around the block a couple of times.

what was Diego Garcia like? Talk about the middle of nowhere....

Ok, this thread seems to be back up - even if minus the poll function.

Some interesting countries coming up - although as a pedant I must point out that Ceuta is not a country, Big Black (it's part of Spain) and what about WEST Germany....??!!

Somalia is amazing though - can't say I nowhere anyone else who has been there. Were you in the military?

Some interesting countries coming up - although as a pedant I must point out that Ceuta is not a country, Big Black (it's part of Spain) and what about WEST Germany....??!!

Somalia is amazing though - can't say I nowhere anyone else who has been there. Were you in the military?

Why else would ANY of us go to Somalia?:lol:

Why else would ANY of us go to Somalia?:lol:

To keep them from starving, they killed us for the favor.

I suspect unless you want to go to pirate university, or are special forces keeping Al Qeada on the run, there is no real reason to be there.

Not to worry or suffer angst, they earned their future.

Last edited:
USA (born and raised)
Philippines (lived)
Hong Kong (Visited Vacation)
Germany (lived)
England (3 times vacation, friends live there)
Italy (lived)
Portugal (lived)
Poland (visted)
Canada (4 times Visted)
Switzerland (visted about 3 times, ate in a few cafe' and shopped)
Korea (stop over) LOL

Why?

Forum List

Back