How Many Can Be #1?

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
I swear, EVERY movie that comes out lately is the "#1 movie to see", according to the adverts. Really now, do people really fall for advertising this lame?

So, may as well ask, which movie do you think is the #1 Movie of 2008? Sorry but you can only pick one, otherwise it's not really number one.

Mine: Cloverfield ... about time we had our own Godzilla, let's hope it catches on.

I swear, EVERY movie that comes out lately is the "#1 movie to see", according to the adverts. Really now, do people really fall for advertising this lame?

So, may as well ask, which movie do you think is the #1 Movie of 2008? Sorry but you can only pick one, otherwise it's not really number one.

Mine: Cloverfield ... about time we had our own Godzilla, let's hope it catches on.

Cloverfield I considered actually the worst movie of 2008. It was horrible, and wasn't scary or entertaining. Most of the people in my theater agreed with me and booed when it was over (those who hadn't walked out).

#1 movie of 2008: The Dark Knight

#2 movie of 2008: Curious Case of Benjamin Button (close race here to me)

I guess we'll have to say that Slumdog Millionaire was released in 2009.

So #1 of 2008 was The Dark Knight

Robert, The Curious Case of Benjamin Gump was hardly comparable to The Dark Knight. Not only did David Roth rip off his own script, but now they are being sued because apparently a screenwriter in Italy had a copyright on a similar script. The writers were so unoriginal, they had to steal their OWN ideas AND someone else's. Pathetic.

Cloverfield I considered actually the worst movie of 2008. It was horrible, and wasn't scary or entertaining. Most of the people in my theater agreed with me and booed when it was over (those who hadn't walked out).

#1 movie of 2008: The Dark Knight

#2 movie of 2008: Curious Case of Benjamin Button (close race here to me)

Yeah, we walked out of Cloverfield. It was because 3 out of 4 of us almost got sick from the shaky camera work. I was bummed too, because I love J.J. Abrams. I look forward to his Star Trek movie, and I'm not even a Sci Fi geek, I want to see it because he directed it.

Oh, my fav movie of 2008 (and I didn't see a ton of them) was:

Tropic Thunder

Robert Downy Jr. was pure GENIUS!
:cool:

I rarely go to movies, and I only rent a few on DVD throughout the year. Cloverfield was one I rented on DVD. It was so bad, I don't think I've rented another movie since.

Forum List

Back