How Many Blue States Will go into Default/Bankruptcy This Fall?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
CA and IL are already in default but the collapse of Ocare will cause more, mostly Blue, States to go into default and have to raise taxes to increase tax flight. How bad will this get?

NY and NJ are in relatively good shape compared to CA and IL and they are in danger too.

If President Trump lives up to his campaign promise, and it looks as though he will, there will be more than a few blue (sanctuary) cities facing bankruptcy for violating federal law.

If President Trump lives up to his campaign promise, and it looks as though he will, there will be more than a few blue (sanctuary) cities facing bankruptcy for violating federal law.
Actually his campaign platform is targeted at the Democratic party and if he can get 40% of it passed into law that should be sufficient to make the Ds a more or less regional party for several decades.

Those states actually make the money the US lives off.

I've heard of Cali's demise for decades . Yet there it is ! With one of the worlds biggest economies.

CA and IL are already in default but the collapse of Ocare will cause more, mostly Blue, States to go into default and have to raise taxes to increase tax flight. How bad will this get?

Wie, I remember us talking about this back in 2008. Its starting to happen again with the car industry. I think this is going to be exponentially worse when it hits housing and commercial again. Not only that, social security and healthcare bubbles are ballooning.

Too bad TruthMatters isn't still here. I remember a few years ago pointing out to her that Illinois' State Income Tax increase would ultimately end up hurting them and she said that was bullshit because they took in more money the following year and I said, sure, right away they will, but I'll bet you they're going to have problems a few years down the road. :banana:

The cheeto will do all he can to harm US citizens, especially if he can also take health care ins away too. And the Repubs have been trying to drive states into bankruptcy but President Obama has always fought for the little guy.

You know what's really sickening is seeing you RWNJ Pootarians hoping your fellow Americans are hurt by this truly insane prez wannabe. You really are nasty foul trash and you don't deserve what the US gives you. Be careful what you wish for cuz the cheeto will cheerfully ruin your lives too. You think you're immune but you are not.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

The cheeto will do all he can to harm US citizens, especially if he can also take health care ins away too. And the Repubs have been trying to drive states into bankruptcy but President Obama has always fought for the little guy.

You know what's really sickening is seeing you RWNJ Pootarians hoping your fellow Americans are hurt by this truly insane prez wannabe. You really are nasty foul trash and you don't deserve what the US gives you. Be careful what you wish for cuz the cheeto will cheerfully ruin your lives too. You think you're immune but you are not.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Wie, I remember us talking about this back in 2008. Its starting to happen again with the car industry. I think this is going to be exponentially worse when it hits housing and commercial again. Not only that, social security and healthcare bubbles are ballooning.
I would look more at the degree mill bubble. The number of women living at their mom's house was still growing last I heard.

Too bad TruthMatters isn't still here. I remember a few years ago pointing out to her that Illinois' State Income Tax increase would ultimately end up hurting them and she said that was bullshit because they took in more money the following year and I said, sure, right away they will, but I'll bet you they're going to have problems a few years down the road. :banana:

Just a slight update Illinois lost vendor credit sometime in the 90s. You might want to make a special rule about the term Butt-hurt when referring to someone who works for the state of Illinois.

Any state and/or city/county that goes bankrupt should be left to CUT SPENDING on their own.

We should not bail out those stealing more than what is coming in...

Any state and/or city/county that goes bankrupt should be left to CUT SPENDING on their own.

We should not bail out those stealing more than what is coming in...
Congress agrees with you and that is why we have had Chapter three bankruptcy.

Forum List

Back