How many blame republicans?

Bullshit, your reason for starting the threat was to try to bitch about the democrats, you just thought you were being clever too bad we see through your bullshit.

I can play this game
Horseshit you blindly blame republicans because the democrats are failures and you hate thinking that you support failures., You are full of shit and full of the obama koolaid. The democrats have run this country into the ground and you help to do it with your vote.
Edit:
Now would you care to debate the years of democratic control versus the years of Republican control?

LOL I think anyone here will testify that I am clearly not in the Obama camp. You coming in here with stupidity and supposed "facts" does nothing to help those of us who have real issues with the direction our country is headed.

Stupidity is anyone who will argue that it doesn't matter that the democrats have controlled the government for 50+years and call the facts and the numbers stupid. I will bet that you will say there was a surplus of money when Clinton left office. I really don't know what your problem is and I don't care back the fuck up jack. GOT IT?

I can play this game
Horseshit you blindly blame republicans because the democrats are failures and you hate thinking that you support failures., You are full of shit and full of the obama koolaid. The democrats have run this country into the ground and you help to do it with your vote.
Edit:
Now would you care to debate the years of democratic control versus the years of Republican control?

LOL I think anyone here will testify that I am clearly not in the Obama camp. You coming in here with stupidity and supposed "facts" does nothing to help those of us who have real issues with the direction our country is headed.

Stupidity is anyone who will argue that it doesn't matter that the democrats have controlled the government for 50+years and call the facts and the numbers stupid. I will bet that you will say there was a surplus of money when Clinton left office. I really don't know what your problem is and I don't care back the fuck up jack. GOT IT?

My problem is that not only are you a partisan idiot, but you try to deny it. BOTH parties are EQUALLY to blame for the condition this country is in. PERIOD. You act like your some brilliant historian when it comes to who runs this country, but the truth is you don't know shit if you believe anyone other than big business is or has been in control of our government since the the 1950's.

I can play this game
Edit:

The facts make inconvenient truths to the partisan hacks. To them, what matters is the letter after the name of the POTUS.... that, and that alone, is fact enough. It takes an effort and some critical thinking to understand facts - both qualities are in short supply in USA 2010, they prefer to be handed their 'thoughts' by the media.

My problem is that not only are you a partisan idiot, but you try to deny it. BOTH parties are EQUALLY to blame for the condition this country is in. PERIOD. You act like your some brilliant historian when it comes to who runs this country, but the truth is you don't know shit if you believe anyone other than big business is or has been in control of our government since the the 1950's.
When and where did I say that a Republican should not hold some blame for the mess that has been created? Oh I see now big business is to blame, are you one of those anti free market types? It really doesn't matter about big business the facts still will remain the same. Democrats have run the government for 50+ years. Why are you over looking that fact? The democrats were the ones who voted to give tax payers money to big business. But yet you will say that’s not the point. Are you so aggressive against those who blame only Republicans for this mess that has been created? Dare I say I doubt It., because there are many replies on this board that hold Republicans responsible and I have yet to see you go after anyone for blaming just the Republicans.

The facts make inconvenient truths to the partisan hacks. To them, what matters is the letter after the name of the POTUS.... that, and that alone, is fact enough. It takes an effort and some critical thinking to understand facts - both qualities are in short supply in USA 2010, they prefer to be handed their 'thoughts' by the media.
I don't understand why some people think I am defending a Republican. I am a Conservative. If the person in Congress votes like a Conservative the D, I or R really doesn't matter, they will get my support.

I'm not partial to either party when it comes to blame. Just because Dems have been in control the majority of the time doesn't mean that the Repubs are blameless ...... a serious discussion about the facts would also show just how hard the Repubs fought against the policies that have brought this country to their needs. Check the voting records to see how many Repubs went along with the Dems who were in power.

So, I blame anyone of either party, regardless of which was in power ....that voted, sponsored, or supported the ungodly spending programs we have now.

I do appreciate your attempt to get the facts out there.....perhaps you can show the vote breakdowns.

I'm not partial to either party when it comes to blame. Just because Dems have been in control the majority of the time doesn't mean that the Repubs are blameless ...... a serious discussion about the facts would also show just how hard the Repubs fought against the policies that have brought this country to their needs. Check the voting records to see how many Repubs went along with the Dems who were in power.

So, I blame anyone of either party, regardless of which was in power ....that voted, sponsored, or supported the ungodly spending programs we have now.

I do appreciate your attempt to get the facts out there.....perhaps you can show the vote breakdowns.

You're welcomed, if you noticed I never said that the Republicans are blamless
Where shall we begin on the vote numbers? Starting with welfare? Public housing? free money give aways to those who will not work? Social Security and who first took the money and used it for something else?

Edit:
Forgot to mention about grants to groups like ACORN, who voted to give them money?

Last edited:

Where shall we begin on the vote numbers? Starting with welfare? Public housing? free money give aways to those who will not work? Social Security and who first took the money and used it for something else?

I'm actually interested in cleaning out DC .... let's start with anyone who voted for the bailout of AIG.....and vote them out, and then just start working on down the line.

I have been a member of this board for less then a day and I have read a few misinformed replies about blaming the republicans for all that is wrong with this country. I am here to set the record straight.

Since 1945.....
Oh, please.....1945???

How 'bout we just go back 40 years....seeing-as-how our more-recent past has had a much-larger impact on the present, especially economically. Also, Republicans always say how (whichever) President is responsible for everything that happens during his watch.....unless they want to blame Congress for one thing or another. :rolleyes:

Republicans are gonna have to deal with the fact they'll NEVER get (enough) payback....to suit them....to make-up for Dick Nixon's ejection from the Whitehouse....no matter how-much-longer they try. :tongue:

Last edited:
Ideas have power and the constant attack on American values from the conservative republicans gained real power as corporate interests since FDR paid for the education and propaganda that is now a part of the landscape of America today. One only has to read usmb or any other board to see how far we have moved from an America that cared not just for the self but for the nation.

The central problem with conservative republicans is you cannot do what you do not believe in. Conservative must be added to republican as that is what drives their ideological positions today. Liberal republicans went extinct when stupidity won the battle over reason. When government (and/or Liberalism) becomes the main source of trouble in your world view, how is it you manage government? You can't - and all conservative republicans were total failures with Reagan and Bush Jr the worst. Reagan lowered taxes only to raise them over and over again. I give Ronnie a bit of credit as even though he was losing grip on reality at least he tried to reign in spending. Bush Jr just dropped the ball, vacationing was what he did best. "Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

Republicans do whine well as the current group demonstrates so well. They have a new pretend group named tea party to add to the whining. Doing something? Nah, whining, yea.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/89558-the-death-and-life-of-conservatism.html

"The arguments are more surprising than the conclusions in this slender book that simultaneously celebrates and mourns the end of the harshly ideological strain of conservatism that reached full flower during the presidency of George W. Bush. Tracing the movement's intellectual history from Edmund Burke to Rush Limbaugh, Tanenhaus (Whitaker Chambers), editor of the New York Times Book Review, argues that the contemporary Right define itself less by what it yearns to conserve than by what it longs to destroy—and that pragmatic Democrats like Bill Clinton and Barack Obama have usurped the Republicans' once winning focus on social stability. Tanenhaus argues that Republicans must moderate their focus on ideological purity if they are to return from the political wilderness and offers trenchant criticism of the liberal excesses that previously led to a long Democratic exile from the White House." Above quote from review at link. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Death-Conservatism-Sam-Tanenhaus/dp/1400068843/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: The Death of Conservatism (9781400068845): Sam Tanenhaus: Books[/ame]

Review of above. What's Killing Conservatism? | The American Prospect

In the end conservative republicans can only point fingers, there are no real accomplishments they can point to.

TomPaine.com - It's The Conservatism, Stupid

1. Conservatism has failed.
2. Conservatism is the ideology of the past—a past we don’t want to return to.
3. Conservatives are cowards, and they hope you are, too. We’re afraid, they shout.

The Failure of Antigovernment Conservatism
The Failure of Antigovernment Conservatism | The American Prospect

The Political Scene: The Fall of Conservatism : The New Yorker
ttp://www.conservativenannystate.org/
Paul Craig Roberts: The Mother of All Messes
A Short History of Conservative Obstruction to Progress | Conceptual Guerilla
W. and the damage done - Global warming - Salon.com

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/88391-the-results-of-conservative-republican-policy.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/50980-questions-for-conservatives.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/53411-the-republican-collapse.html

ps Any politicalpass links are no longer operable.

I have been a member of this board for less then a day and I have read a few misinformed replies about blaming the republicans for all that is wrong with this country. I am here to set the record straight.

Since 1945.....
Oh, please.....1945???

How 'bout we just go back 40 years....seeing-as-how our more-recent past has had a much-larger impact on the present, especially economically. Also, Republicans always say how (whichever) President is responsible for everything that happens during his watch.....unless they want to blame Congress for one thing or another. :rolleyes:

Republicans are gonna have to deal with the fact they'll NEVER get (enough) payback....to suit them....to make-up for Dick Nixon's ejection from the Whitehouse....no matter how-much-longer they try. :tongue:

The President cannot do anything about spending Congress holds the purse dtrings and they are the ones who controls the money. The President can do one thing, ask for money. Using your logic, am I to assume you would blame the democrats if the Republicans controlled the government for 50+ years?

Ideas have power and the constant attack on American values from the conservative republicans gained real power as corporate interests since FDR paid for the education and propaganda that is now a part of the landscape of America today. One only has to read usmb or any other board to see how far we have moved from an America that cared not just for the self but for the nation.

The central problem with conservative republicans is you cannot do what you do not believe in. Conservative must be added to republican as that is what drives their ideological positions today. Liberal republicans went extinct when stupidity won the battle over reason. When government (and/or Liberalism) becomes the main source of trouble in your world view, how is it you manage government? You can't - and all conservative republicans were total failures with Reagan and Bush Jr the worst. Reagan lowered taxes only to raise them over and over again. I give Ronnie a bit of credit as even though he was losing grip on reality at least he tried to reign in spending. Bush Jr just dropped the ball, vacationing was what he did best. "Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe

Republicans do whine well as the current group demonstrates so well. They have a new pretend group named tea party to add to the whining. Doing something? Nah, whining, yea.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/89558-the-death-and-life-of-conservatism.html

"The arguments are more surprising than the conclusions in this slender book that simultaneously celebrates and mourns the end of the harshly ideological strain of conservatism that reached full flower during the presidency of George W. Bush. Tracing the movement's intellectual history from Edmund Burke to Rush Limbaugh, Tanenhaus (Whitaker Chambers), editor of the New York Times Book Review, argues that the contemporary Right define itself less by what it yearns to conserve than by what it longs to destroy—and that pragmatic Democrats like Bill Clinton and Barack Obama have usurped the Republicans' once winning focus on social stability. Tanenhaus argues that Republicans must moderate their focus on ideological purity if they are to return from the political wilderness and offers trenchant criticism of the liberal excesses that previously led to a long Democratic exile from the White House." Above quote from review at link. Amazon.com: The Death of Conservatism (9781400068845): Sam Tanenhaus: Books

Review of above. What's Killing Conservatism? | The American Prospect

In the end conservative republicans can only point fingers, there are no real accomplishments they can point to.

TomPaine.com - It's The Conservatism, Stupid

1. Conservatism has failed.
2. Conservatism is the ideology of the past—a past we don’t want to return to.
3. Conservatives are cowards, and they hope you are, too. We’re afraid, they shout.

The Failure of Antigovernment Conservatism
The Failure of Antigovernment Conservatism | The American Prospect

The Political Scene: The Fall of Conservatism : The New Yorker
ttp://www.conservativenannystate.org/
Paul Craig Roberts: The Mother of All Messes
A Short History of Conservative Obstruction to Progress | Conceptual Guerilla
W. and the damage done - Global warming - Salon.com

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/88391-the-results-of-conservative-republican-policy.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/50980-questions-for-conservatives.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/53411-the-republican-collapse.html

ps Any politicalpass links are no longer operable.

WOW all this information trying to defend against the facts that the Democrats have controlled the government for 50+ years, and still want to blame the Republicans. Are you the type that blames a victim for being a victim?

Since 1945.....
Oh, please.....1945???

The President cannot do anything about spending Congress holds the purse dtrings and they are the ones who controls the money. The President can do one thing, ask for money.
....AND, signs-off or vetos new legislation!!! I guess you hadn't heard about that.

:rolleyes:

Using your logic, am I to assume you would blame the democrats if the Republicans controlled the government for 50+ years?
Ah, yes....those magic-hypotheticals....when reality becomes much-too inconvenient.

Agreed but it does seem that the democrats have had more time to screw things up then the Republicans have. Don't get me wrong the Republicans aren't prefect but lets not fool ourself the democrats have controlled the government more then the republicans have.

Two faces on the same counterfeit coin.

The point is Republicans are being blamed for what they did not do.

libturds have pointed heads. they rarely get the point, they wander off into the abstract. :eusa_eh:

Oh, please.....1945???

The President cannot do anything about spending Congress holds the purse dtrings and they are the ones who controls the money. The President can do one thing, ask for money.
....AND, signs-off or vetos new legislation!!! I guess you hadn't heard about that.

Using your logic, am I to assume you would blame the democrats if the Republicans controlled the government for 50+ years?
Ah, yes....those magic-hypotheticals....when reality becomes much-too inconvenient.

But the president can't vote oin anything unless it's passed by Ccongress. I guess you didn't realize that fact?:rolleyes:
An incovenat truth is what peoiple like you are so upset about. You are upset that trhe point has been made that the democrats have controlled the government for 50+ years, now you are trying to devert the facts. Please try again.

I'm actually interested in cleaning out DC .... let's start with anyone who voted for the bailout of AIG.....and vote them out, and then just start working on down the line.

I agree :clap2:
Bailout bill How the Senate voted
Akaka, Daniel K. D-Hi. Yes
Alexander, Lamar R-Tenn. Yes
Allard, Wayne R-Colo. No
Barrasso, John R-Wyo. No
Baucus, Max D-Mont. Yes
Bayh, Evan D-Ind. Yes
Bennett, Robert F. R-Utah Yes
Biden, Joseph R., Jr. D-Del. Yes
Bingaman, Jeff D-N.M. Yes
Bond, Christopher S. R-Mo. Yes
Boxer, Barbara D-Calif. Yes
Brown, Sherrod D-Ohio Yes
Brownback, Sam R-Kan. No
Bunning, Jim R-Ken. No
Burr, Richard R-N.C. Yes
Byrd, Robert C. D-W.V. Yes
Cantwell, Maria D-Wash. No
Cardin, Benjamin L. D-Md. Yes
Carper, Thomas R. D-Del. Yes
Casey, Robert P., Jr. D-Pa. Yes
Chambliss, Saxby R-Ga. Yes
Clinton, Hillary Rodham D-N.Y. Yes
Coburn, Tom R-Okla. Yes
Cochran, Thad R-Miss. No
Coleman, Norm R-Minn. Yes
Collins, Susan M. R-Maine Yes
Conrad, Kent D-N.D. Yes
Corker, Bob R-Tenn. Yes
Cornyn, John R-Texas Yes
Craig, Larry E. R-Idaho Yes
Crapo, Mike R-Idaho No
DeMint, Jim R-S.C. No
Dodd, Christopher J. D-Conn. Yes
Dole, Elizabeth R-N.C. No
Domenici, Pete V. R-N.M. Yes
Dorgan, Byron L. D-N.D. No
Durbin, Richard D-Ill. Yes
Ensign, John R-Nev. Yes
Enzi, Michael B. R-Wyo. No
Feingold, Russell D. D-Wis. No
Feinstein, Dianne D-Calif. Yes
Graham, Lindsey R-S.C. Yes
Grassley, Chuck R-Iowa Yes
Gregg, Judd R-N.H. Yes
Hagel, Chuck R-Neb. Yes
Harkin, Tom D-Iowa Yes
Hatch, Orrin G. R-Utah Yes
Hutchison, Kay Bailey R-Texas Yes
Inhofe, James M. R-Okla. No
Inouye, Daniel K. D-Hi. Yes
Isakson, Johnny R-Ga. Yes
Johnson, Tim D-S.D. No
Kennedy, Edward M. D-Mass. NA
Kerry, John F. D-Mass. Yes
Klobuchar, Amy D-Minn. Yes
Kohl, Herb D-Wis. Yes
Kyl, Jon R-Ariz. Yes
Landrieu, Mary L. D-La. No
Lautenberg, Frank R. D-N.J. Yes
Leahy, Patrick J. D-Vt. Yes
Levin, Carl D-Mich. Yes
Lieberman, Joseph I-Conn. Yes
Lincoln, Blanche L. D-Ark. Yes
Lugar, Richard G. R-Ind. Yes
Martinez, Mel R-Fla. Yes
McCain, John R - Ariz. Yes
McCaskill, Claire D - Mo. Yes
McConnell, Mitch R - Ky. Yes
Menendez, Robert D - NJ Yes
Mikulski, Barbara A. D - Md. Yes
Murkowski, Lisa R - Alas. Yes
Murray, Patty D - Wash. Yes
Nelson, Bill D - Fla.L No
Nelson, E. Benjamin D - Neb. Yes
Obama, Barack D - Ill. Yes
Pryor, Mark L. D - Ark Yes
Reed, Jack D - RI Yes
Reid, Harry D - Nev. Yes
Roberts, Pat R - Kan. No
Rockefeller, John D., IV D - WV Yes
Salazar, Ken D - Colo. Yes
Sanders, Bernard I - Vt. No
Schumer, Charles E. D - NY Yes
Sessions, Jeff R - Ala. No
Shelby, Richard C. R - Ala. No
Smith, Gordon H. R - Ore. Yes
Snowe, Olympia J. R - Maine Yes
Specter, Arlen R - Penn. Yes
Stabenow, Debbie D - Mich. No
Stevens, Ted R - Ak. Yes
Sununu, John E. R - NH Yes
Tester, Jon D - Mont. No
Thune, John R - SD Yes
Vitter, David R - La. No
Voinovich, George V. R - Ohio Yes
Warner, John R - Va. Yes
Webb, Jim D - Va. Yes
Whitehouse, Sheldon D - RI Yes
Wicker, Roger F. R - Miss. No
Wyden, Ron D - Ore No

Last edited:
The moment I read that the Republicans or the Democrats or Obama or Bush II is SOLEY to blame, I realize I'm reading the rantings of a clueless tool.

Wake up and look at the facts, folks.

Ignore all politics (asll talking head partisan bullshit) and just look at the fucking numbers.

The moment I read that the Republicans or the Democrats or Obama or Bush II is SOLEY to blame, I realize I'm reading the rantings of a clueless tool.

Wake up and look at the facts, folks.

Ignore all politics (asll talking head partisan bullshit) and just look at the fucking numbers.

Clueless is someone who doesn't see things the way they are. No matter who is behind a congressman the fact remains it is the congressman who cast a vote not the money behind the congressman. It is his or her responsiblity to make the right choice.

Since 1945.....
Oh, please.....1945???

Yeah....right.

Most of the GOPers that are in office were in High school and college then. WTF are you talking about?

They probably were protesting along with the libs back then. Back then I was a Democrat.

This isn't about payback for Nixon you idiot.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back